CO2 Fractional Laser for Sun Damage and Fine Lines

I was a little skeptical of what could be achieved...

I was a little skeptical of what could be achieved on someone who had surfed, sailed and fished for 50 years, and probably 40 of those years having never used sunscreen. We use to apply oil to tan in those days..lol.

I had a few friends who had this procedure, and they were happy with the results, so I did some research here and elsewhere and after looking at results achieved by different practitioners in my area, I chose to go to Shino Bay in Ft. Lauderdale. I chose to have a more aggressive treatment, as I am the type of person who likes to get the maximum benefit out of something if I am going to do it.

Dr. Soro & the staff explained things well, and after taking some preop photos and applying numbing cream, which takes effect in minutes, the procedure started. I was told that having the more aggressive treatment entailed having the laser power set higher to penetrate deeper. I can't say that the actual procedure was a painless experience, but there was no pain after it was complete, through to when it was completely healed.

They gave me a gel pack and a care package with assorted goodies. There was definitely no need for any pain medication, though if I remember correctly it was part of my prescription, along with an antibiotic.

The photos document the results, and I am very happy with them. Without a doubt my skin looks better than it did 15 years ago, and I look at least 8 years younger. We will see how things go, but I would probably consider doing it again depending on how well I age. I now take good care of my "investment", by always using sunscreen SPF 30-50 on my face whenever I am going to be outside for more than 15 mins

I would definitely recommend Dr. Soro and Shino Bay... a beautiful establishment and everyone was very attentive and professional. I have seen Dr. Soro again and had some fillers which also produced good results. Will write a separate review when I get some time.
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon