Tummy Tuck, Repairing hernia, and Hips Lipo

Ok, so here is this story... For me my life was...

Ok, so here is this story... For me my life was always about my career and my future. Getting married and having children were not in my plans. So, after I graduated from College I joined the military to continue with my education and to serve my country. As time went by, I met my X-husband, and oh yeah he is now an "X" marks the spot! LOL... After the first night, guess what? There was a bun in the oven which was not fair because I was on the shot, and it was all documented properly, I was the one in 99,000 women that it can fail for. Why couldn't I have been the next one.. 99,001...?

So, moving right along, one random day I'm in Germany which is where I was stationed and they had already given me the next depo shot because all my paperwork was in perfect shape. But protocol dictated that I had still had to take a pregnancy test, so they did the urinalysis and I was just waiting for them to tell me it was negative so I could leave. A few minutes went by and the nurse says we have to do a blood test! I was like oh Lord, really ok, fine... so I went back to the lab, they did the test and I went back to wait. A few minutes go back and they moved me to some weird nursery like room. I was completely clueless as to why they moved me, right! LOL.... Then, a nurse comes in and says well, hi there, nice to meet you, blah blah blah, and says "Congratulations!" Then, I still remember it... I said "For What?"... LOL... She looks at me says, well... your pregnant! I started laughing and said, no, your wrong, the tests got confused and you have me mixed up. They just gave me the next depo and I'm not pregnant. She said "What?" who gave you the shot? I said, the lab because I haven't missed any days and I'm right on target, there is no way I'm pregnant! So, I said, look, you can run another blood test if you want but you are wrong! So, sure enough I go back to the lab, they run another blood test and urine test and I go back to wait. I'm thinking to my self; Gosh these people are retarded and they don't know what they are doing. RIGHT!

Nurse comes in and she says well, your pregnant alright! I'm like, you guys are crazy, that's impossible! How the heck does that happen? She laughs and says, do I need to give you the class on the birds and the bees... I'm more mad now of course, so she says, ok, so now we have to do a pelvic tests. I was like what the heck is that? She takes me to some other room and there was some machine there. I didn't even know what it was... Doctor comes in, she puts some gel on my tummy and she is looking at some TV thing and I hear some noise. I had no clue what the heck she was even doing. She gone some measure tape and then, she says... "Yep" your pregnant, and I'm like you guys are all crazy. She says, you are 4 months pregnant; and I said "WHAT????" and then she says "And that noise is your baby's heart beat!" That's when I nearly dropped off the table!!!! I was getting ready to have a baby in 5 months and I was only about 107 lbs and at 4 months pregnant. So, you can imagine my shock... So, now I'll fast forward...

Went to break up with boyfriend, I was not having a baby, because that was not the plan! He convinces me he loves me, we are getting married and we are having the baby. Next thing you know its 5 years later, he files a divorce and leave me for a 17 year old. Goodness gracious... right! Here is the best part! I absolutely adore my baby girl, she is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I grew to love her more than life itself and I am glad I had her. If it wasn't for her my life would not be what it is and I'm blessed to have her.

She is now 11 years old and it has taken me a while to cope with how things happened and then a divorce in the middle but that was okay. The hard part for me where the physical changes. Those I was never ready for and till this day its hard to go day by day comfortable in my own body. My dumb X-husband also had me get implants after she was born because I was not perfect enough. Dumb as I was I did it, all I wanted was to make him happy but noooo... That should have been sign # 1 but I didn't see it. So, finally 12 months ago I got rid of those implants and I feel myself and I absolutely love being natural. Now I'm going to fix the rest of my body because pregnancy is not easy and only us women can understand those physical changes. It's taken a while to save for these surgeries and its been a long road but I'm determined to put my body back together one piece at a time. I have learned to love myself more and more each day and I want my body back. I love myself and I am not accepting to live with a jacked up body, lose skin and discomfort. Because I love myself I am giving me a gift and that is my body back the way it used to be. I feel I deserve to be comfortable and beautiful. I deserve to me again...

This journey started in July 2016 when I was also facing the diagnosis of Vertigo. I have been on migraine medication, daily also, which made me gain a ridiculous amount of weight. I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and chronically fatigued. So, I got tired of being sick and that is what triggered my transformation too. in July 2017 I started to loose weight, I reached 152 at only 5 ft so I have a petite frame but I looked like a "Rollie Pollie" with all that weight on. So, I am now 129 and I'm still continuing to loose weight. On 8/2/2016 I met with my PS and I booked my Tummy Tuck and Liposuction of the hips for December 23rd, 2016.

Overall, I am now off of all my medications, Vertigo is now gone. No pain from the Fibromyalgia, no migraines, and my Primary Care doctor has cut my migraine meds in half also which I will be completely off in a few weeks. No birth control either! Hormone free, and I feel like a million bucks! I only used to drink wine but I quit that too and no coffee either, so I'm very excited about my surgery because this is a complete transformation for me.

I've been reading a lot of stories here on Real Self and I am thankful to all the ladies that have posted pictures and their stories, they have given me the courage to do this also. I am also very lucky to have found my doctor through this website also, I am not going back to her for my Tummy Tuck and the Lipo. I am worried about the paid because we are repairing a hernia and I'm sure this surgery will be intense but I'm super confident in my doctor's skills. This is my second surgery with her and I know I'm in the right hands with her.

I will post some pictures from July when I was 152, then some from yesterday at 129. So, you can see the progress from beginning to end. Also, tomorrow is Monday and I have my Pre-Op consult at 9:45 am. I didn't want to post anything yet until it was pretty much a done deal. So, I have the Pre-Op at 9:45 am and then its off to the hospital to do the Lab Work and then Tuesday I go see my PCP to get the Clearance Letter for the surgery. Should be no problem to get the Clearance Letter because she is very happy with my health and the progress that I've made. So, I will post again tomorrow after my Pre-op. Surgery is now fully paid for and there is no turning back now...

I must admit that I am a little bit nervous now but I am also supper happy that this is happening in 26 days... I will start getting supplies needed for after the surgery also. If you ladies have any recommendations please do let me know, I am nervous, but I hope I don't miss anything. So far I have not purchased anything yet...

Initial Picture before weight loss

Here is the first set of pictures showing me at 152 lbs. You can really see the skin and how when I sit down I just have all the extra skin turn into two giant rolls. Its extremely uncomfortable.

Pre-Op Update

Last Monday I had my pre-op at Dr. B's office. They call her Dr. B; short for Buenaventura of course. The staff was super friendly and very welcoming as always. We sat down and went over all the paperwork. They took time to go through all the do's and don't before the surgery and after the surgery. They took all the pictures they needed in order to plan the surgery. They gave me my prescription medications and even scheduled my follow up appointments for after the surgery. I felt very comfortable with all the details. They reminded me to see my Primary Care Physician in order to obtain a Clearance Letter for my surgery and in order to have Labs and an EKG done. They really do take good care of their patients and they take every precaution possible. This makes me feel safe in their hands. This was Monday the 28th...

I called my PCP and they saw me the following day on the 29th and I fasted that evening in order to get my labs done in the morning. My doctor has been super pleased with all the weight loss and I dropped 24 lbs so far. She went ahead and cut my migraine daily medication even further. Down to only 5 mg per day which is very very low and so far no migraines. I will be off of those meds in another week but definitely by surgery time. We ran the labs and the EKG and within 48 hours I had the results back, so that was Thursday. All my numbers came back in line, and they checked the sedmentation rate which checks for the inflammation in my joints all part of the fibromyalgia. The rate has gone down almost 20 points which is fantastic so I'm feeling very well and after my doctor reviewed all the numbers she is giving me the full clearance and approval for surgery.

The one thing I have learned through this process is that we do not take care of our selves and what makes us sick is the garbage that we eat. I have not done much exercise since July because I really wanted to test what they say. That nutrition is what causes the weight gain and that the most important part is just that, what we eat. So, I changed the quality of my food and the portions, as well as how often I eat and it worked! Its true... I have not gotten on my thread mill and I have not hit the gym, normal every day movement and going to work and my daily routine were enough to help me drop 24 lbs. What made the change was healthy clean eating, drinking plenty of water and watching my portions. It was the toughest thing I've ever done but I'm very delighted that my I fit back into my size 6 pants and they are very lose too. I will even say that I can fit very well into a size 4. So, the key is to stop eating garbage in order to drop the lbs.

I have exactly 20 days before my surgery and now that I have good eating habits my goal is to loose maybe another 2 or 3 lbs if I can. Once the surgery is complete I will back to my normal self. As of last two weeks the surgery fee is fully paid for. I paid the hospital fee as well because Dr. B, like to keep her patients over night at the hospital to ensure they are 100% in good shape before sending them home. I also paid the fee for the anesthesia. So, everything is 100% now paid for and they have everything they need in order to perform the surgery.

I picked up the prescriptions from CVS, pain medication, antibiotiocs, and something to help me relax the night before the surgery. They want to ensure I rest the night before also. I was also given a supplement that is used in order to reduce the swelling and inflammation after the surgery. They really do cover everything to ensure their patients safety. Dr. B, is the Chief Plastic Surgeon at INOVA and has been featured and recognized as one of the Top Plastic Surgeons in the country. Her position at INOVA is an indication of her years in practice, the quality of her work and the passion she has for field. So, I'm extremely happy that she is doing my surgery. This is my second surgery by Dr. B, and the process has been phenomenal. I did not encounter any problems at all last time and I did not have any bruising either. She is a very skilled surgeon... I highly recommend her to anyone considering plastic surgery.

Tomorrow I will post the current pictures 24 lbs lighter so you can see the difference. You can still see all the saggy skin and I absolutely hate it but the dropping the weight has improved my health tremendously. So, almost there!

24 lbs later

Ok, here are a few pictures I took last week after loosing 24 lbs. I'm glad to say I feel really well and I fit into my clothing much better now. The skin is till very saggy but much better, so I think I'm ready for the surgery.
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Going back to Dr. Buenaventura for my Tummy Tuck and Lipo of the hips. She will also be repairing a hernia in the process. My first surgery with her was explanting with a breast lift which went more than fantastic. She is also the Chief Plastic Surgeon at INOVA in Alexandria, VA; so she is best of the best. She has been named one of the top PS in the USA multiple times and I can say that her skills are second to none. Therefore, I know I am in the right hands for my Tummy Tuck and Lipo. Her staff is also very caring and have always taken great care of me.