Fallen Face Gets Up! - Seattle, WA

I'm 60 years old and over the last year I noticed...

I'm 60 years old and over the last year I noticed that my eyeglasses were always getting dirty and finally realized it was because my eyebrows dropped so far that they rubbed against the top of my glasses. I didn't have the time to recover from a brow or face lift so I decided to try Ultherapy - and I am so glad I did! I had my full face and chest done. It was really expensive - but I got my money's worth. Cheryl is the resident Ultherapy expert at Pacific Dermatology and she spent over 3 hours on my treatment. I work with ultrasound - so when I saw the equipment I knew how each pulse had to be done to get a good result. The hand held unit must be held perfectly perpendicular to the skin surface, balanced perfectly on the peak of the curved cylinder shaped probe surface so the pulse goes straight down into the skin. Gel is used to allow complete contact between the probe and your skin - it can't be too thick or too thin and there cannot be any air bubbles - because ultrasound waves can't travel through air. This is harder then it may seem. Cheryl spent 3 hours bending over my face and chest diligently making sure the probe was positioned perfectly before giving each pulse - and I got what seemed like thousands of pulses - non-stop for 3 hours. She focuses on the probe and watches the screen to be sure she has good contact and direction of the pulse. Extremely tedious - but she was relaxed and professional and a pleasure to spend such a long time with just inches from my face. Ultherapy could be really painful. But Cheryl set me up with pains pills so I was happy and comfortable for the entire session. There were a few zings - but overall it was not any thing like I had imaged by reading other reviews. Each pulse feels like 2-3 seconds of prickles - and even over three hours of this I was comfortable and she had the setting up pretty high. I had an immediate result - my eyebrows were just a bit higher then the top of my glasses! It has now been 10 days and my eyebrows continue to rise a bit everyday - and I couldn't be happier (and my glasses are staying clean)! The pick me up is happening all over my face - but I'm glad to have my glasses to use as a quantitative measure of effect. I plan to have this done again when my face starts to fall again - so hopefully I will be able to age more gracefully and avoid a surgical face lift.
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon