Not Worth It - Seattle, WA

I had revision rhinoplasty done by Dr Portuese in...

I had revision rhinoplasty done by Dr Portuese in June 2014 (1,5 year ago).

I am unhappy with the outcome of this surgery. The result is not as promised and not looking good at all. I had depression and I have not been working for many months now. I wasn't feeling like going out or talking to people. I haven't seen my family.

I trusted in Dr Portuese's best intention to make my nose beautiful because of his 25 years of experience, very good online reviews and his high self confidence. However the result of the surgery tells me that Dr Portuese either does not have quite the right skills or sense of beauty or both.

Dr Portuguese wouldn't admit his job is looking bad even though another surgeon suggested to correct what should have already been corrected, and even though a friend tells me that it was looking better before that revision.

During the first follow up appointment I could not stop myself from crying for a long time, and Dr Portuese's assistants was trying to make me feel better and told me that my emotional state is temporary and I am going to feel better soon and that she had plastic surgeries done by Dr Portuese which left her unable to breath and depressed for a long time and she had to undergo corrective surgeries to be happy with the final result. Look at her and you will see the final result is not great. (I am not giving her name)
One of Dr Portuese's advises was to not to look in the mirror for a year until you can undergo another correction, in case the result is not as expected. Dr Portuese highlighted that at this stage he is only interested to see if there is no infection.

Few weeks back I asked Dr Portuese to return the money I spend on this surgery without asking for any compensation.
Dr Portuese would tell me off not comining for multiple follow up appointments (which was due to the distance) but I don't believe this has anything to do with the final result.
Dr Portuese asked me to come to see him (I haven't seen him as yet because of the distance) and would agree to do another revision to correct issues, but would not agree to return the money (in case you want to go for a better specialist).

Before surgery, Dr Portuese's assistant would find excuses to not to email you your simulation photo, e.g. because she didn't save, but she could have done the simulation again, couldn't she?

During the day of surgery, Dr Portuese's assistant would call you and make you sign the papers while standing by the reception desk, at about the time the surgery was planned to start, giving you impression you are about to go, while after you have signed the documents, she would send you to sit at the reception and wait there for the next 15 minutes.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon