Facelift - Seattle, WA

I am 47 and having a facelift in Seattle on...

I am 47 and having a facelift in Seattle on 5/20/13. When I look in the mirror I feel like I lookold and tired. My cheeks look like they have moved south and I have some jowling. I'm very nervous, but also looking forward to looking better and more refreshed. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

I am now on postop day 5 and have some yellow bruising on my neck and under my left eye. I also have some brusing under my chin and on my neck. I used arnica montana before and after surgery which seems to help. I slept almost nonstop for the first 2 days postop and have gradually regained my energy. The worst day for me was day 2 when I got my drains pulled. I was nauseated from the pain pills and threw up in the car on the way to the Dr.'s office--it was ugly. I stopped taking my pain pills and switched to Tylenol on day 2 and have felt much better since I switched. My appetite and energy level are almost back to normal today; although I overdid it by taking venturing out with my large head to Target and Nordstrom and had to come back home and take a nap. Looking in the mirror at times really freaks me out because my face looks so unfamiliar and abnormally large--it's hard to imagine what I will finally look like when all of the swelling goes down.

Surgery Day

This is right before I went into the Dr.'s office for my procedure

Post op pics

Feeling no pain - post operatively

Postop Day 1

Feeling pretty freaked out by the swelling and not recognizing myself in the mirror. I was feeling pretty anxious for a few days wondering if I made a mistake.

Post op day 2

I definitely had pain for the first 2 days post op. Unfortunately the pain pills did not agree with me and I threw up any pain pills that I took.

Post op day 4

This was my best day. I felt good and my swelling felt like it had subsided. It felt really good to get the sutures and staples removed from the back of my head. I am not wearing face makeup in this photo. Notice the difference in color from my face to my neck.

Post op Day 5

I definitely have more swelling today than I did yesterday, but I have no pain, just tightness in my neck and around my ears. I did eat a slice of pizza last night which may have made me retain water. I have been drinking alot of water. I put watermelon or strawberries or lemon with ice in my water and it makes it easier to drink more water.

Seven days Post Op

It's hard to believe that last just last Monday, I was heading into town to get my face rearranged! I still have tightness and numbness in my neck and jaw, but the swelling has significantly improved. I'm feeling more and more that I will like the final result. I just need that swelling to go completely away and it would be nice to feel my neck and jaw at some point.

Profile Pic at 7 days post op

Not bad for just 7 days

Trying to smile

My smile is really tight and unnatural.

Can't wait to see my face in another 7 days

Hurry up and wait! That's the name of the game. It is frustrating because I just want to take a magic pill and have all of the swelling, numbness, and bruising disappear so I can get back to life as usual.

Post op Day 15

I still have tightness/numbness in my neck and around my ears, but I can tell it is gradually improving.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm really happy with my results. I wanted a plastic surgeon that performed mainly facelifts, but I had difficulty finding someone like that in this area. When I visited PS websites, it appeared that most surgeons in this area do breast implants, tummy tucks and liposuction, so I chose Dr. Portuese because he does only face procedures and has good reviews.