Looking (And Feeling) Younger After my Lower Blepharoplasty. Seattle, WA

Well-respected in the medical community and an...

Well-respected in the medical community and an acknowledged “top doc” in Seattle, Dr. William Portuese is certainly deserving of this honor. After reading positive recommendations about Dr. Portuese online, I made an appointment to see him about my prominent under eye bags that were making me look tired and older than I felt. At age 73 and a grandmother of 5, I appreciated Dr. P’s reassurance that “you are never too old” to have this surgery, and when he recommended a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty with “a pinch” (to address the loose skin that would naturally be present at my age when the herniated fat was removed), I signed up right away. Dr. Portuese and his staff were professional, friendly, and supportive every step of the way. The approximately 20 minute procedure, under general anesthetic, went very smoothly, and I did not need any pain medication afterwards. I followed post-op instructions very carefully and was pleased to see that, even though I tend to bruise easily, I was able to resume all normal activities (wearing some glamorous shades, of course) in about two weeks. At my three month follow up appointment in July 2015, Dr. P noticed a bit of residual fat under my right eye which he promptly resolved with a surgical “touch-up” at no cost to me. All in all, I would recommend Dr. Portuese without reservation, not only for his surgical skill and experience, but also for his artistry which has resulted in my receiving many compliments on my new, more youthful appearance. Thank you, Dr. P.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I appreciated Dr. Portuese's explanation of the procedure that I was interested in as he answered all my questions fully and took the time to show me some "before and after" pictures of patients who had undergone the same type of blepharoplasty. His manner throughout was honest, straightforward, and sincere.