25 Year Old Female Tired of Childhood Insecurity - Seattle, WA

Here is my indepth review of my experience of...

Here is my indepth review of my experience of having otoplasty. I've been searching for a facial plastic surgeon located in Seattle and I stumbled upon Dr. Portuese on realself. After reading numerous reviews particularly focusing on all the ear surgery amongst all the rhinoplasty reviews he has I decided to bite the bullet and make a consultation.
The Consultation went smooth dr. Portuese answered all my questions, he gave me the run down where the incision would be made, healing time & etc. After speaking with him you get to speak to the patient care coordinator and this is where you decide if you really want the surgery, the price, and if you'd like to have general or local anesthesia if you were to go through with it.
I scheduled my surgery approximately a month from my consultation. Day of surgery you come in your comfy clothes and bring your meds they prescibed you for pain and nausea and what not. Make sure you bring someone to drive you home even after local anesthesia it's never fun to drive after surgery. I had local anesthesia done so that means I was awake the entire time . I would say the surgery took approx. 20 mins an ear to complete i was quite surprised how fast it was, I felt no pain beside the shots i was given.. It had to be about 5 shots an ear and after I could not feel my ears, the back of my head to my forehead. During surgery i had a towel over my eyes to sheild the bright lights and it also helped my wandering eyes to not look at what was going on. You can feel tugging and obviously hear whats going on but it wasn't too bad. Dr. Portuese is knowledgeable and reassuring so i trusted him which made me able to stay calm and relax.
Post-Op not so fun. First night was chill i was heavily medicated and slept almost sitting upright. Second day was literally hell my ears were swollen, purple, throbbing in pain.. but that's what the meds are for. I'm not sure about the people going to work a few days after because my ears would throb from just walking. But everyone is different.
About 2 weeks the pain started to subside along with the swelling this is also when you go in for you 2 week post-op appt. I did see Dr. Portuese after 2 days of surgery so he could see how I was doing.
Now im just a little over 2 months post-op and ive been able to tie my hair with confidence, all the pain was worth it. I forget to mention to all the side-sleepers you will easily learn to sleep on your back for about a month before it gets comfortable to sleep on your ears. It still hurts when people accidentally bump into them but it's tolerable. But all in all i hoped this review helped someone out there looking to get otoplasty done. I'm grateful i found a lovely surgeon and so happy i got this procedure done.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Portuese and his team are knowledgeable , kind, and overall great people I would recommend Seattle Facial for anyone looking to get cosmetic surgery done.