Lower Body Lift Scheduled

I had a lap band placed 6 years ago and lost...

I had a lap band placed 6 years ago and lost 100lbs. I have been at 185 for the past two years. I have a LOT of extra skin. Mostly in the front. Im so excited and nervous at the same time for the procedure that's coming up in two weeks.

I've been trying to research all the things I'll need when I get home. Have a motorized recliner already but still trying to figure out the rest.

1 week to go

All the nerves are coming out now. I'm so ready for this and so not ready all at the same time. I'm 99% sure I'll have everything I need for when I get home. Just need to get my pain meds filled.

I'm nervous about how it's all going to look when everything is done. Will it be as good as I'm hoping it will be. How much pain will I be in. Will the dumb snow hold off for just a. Lipless more weeks!!!

If anyone has as tips on must have items please do share

Before pics

Tomorrow is the big day. I'll finally be rid of all this extra skin. I'm a bundle of nerves and excitement. As of today I'm 186lbs 5'5"

One day post op

It's done! It was a tough day because I had an adverse reaction to anesthesia and my
Blood pressure was 66/30 for a couple hours. They gave me sole volume expanders and that brought it up to a more normal range. My surgery was over at 1:00 and didn't get to leave until 10pm. But man does it feel good to be home resting! My dr took 13lbs of skin off and I can't wait until the swelling is down so I can see my results.

The drain pain

I saw my dr yesterday. She removed my garment for the first time to look at things. Everything looked good she said. But that 10 minutes is the only time the drain that's on my left side hasn't hurt. It hurts so bad I can barely walk. Does anyone have any tips on things I can do to diminish the burning sensation?

Woot woot. 3 of 4 drains removed!

I went in to see my dr today early because I've been having trouble one one of the drains that's in my hip. It hit a nerve going in and hurt with every step I took. But I got really good news I was t ready for just one drain but three!! I just have one buddy left that's a major drainer but we've made friends!

I braved the scale this morning knowing I have at least 8-10lbs of water weight from swelling and I was down 12lbs!

Feeling a little better every day!

It's been a rough 10 days! When the drain went into my left leg it caused some nerve damage and even with the drain out I'm just now able to really get up without crying and starting to walk around the house for 5-10 minutes at a time. Tomorrow is shower day and I'm so very ready. My dr actually gave me the ok to shower last Tuesday but with my leg every time I tried to attempt it which was several I never even made it down the hallway to my bedroom. I'll try to get some very swollen post op pics tomorrow.

Took a shower

Wow do I feel like a whole new person! Best shower of my life. Also posting some side by side before and 11 days post op. Extremely swollen today!

Bye bye drains!

Ahhh the last drain and fanny pack holding it are history! My dr also removed all the staples that were on my hips. I can't tell you how absolutely wonderful it felt. I left walking a little more upright. I celebrated by going grocery shopping with my husband. My first real outing in 2 weeks. I'm so incredibly sore from all the walking. Almost an hours worth of walking plus the time in the car to the dr. But it's a great feeling to feel like I'm getting there. I don't have to go back to see the dr for a month!! Woot. Woot. I'll post more pics next week at week 3.

3 weeks post op (tomorrow)

I put on a pair of yoga pants for the first time today. And for the first time in my entire adult life I liked what I saw staring back at me in the mirror. In my picture it was taken 3 weeks ago today and then today. Same yoga pants in both pics and same black shirt in both pics. I'm still incredibly swollen but loving the difference!!

Things are getting easier to do. I took a nap in my bed. First time since surgery that I've done more than perch on the edge of he bed.

I'm still walking a little hunched over but it's getting easier to stand up straight every day.

I only took one pain pill today (and yes I'm aware that most people one take them the first week. But I have this nerve pain in my thigh which is what I take them for) otherwise I just took Tylenol. I'm hoping to be able to drive by the end of the week.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

She answered all my questions and eased any concern I had. Dr peters is a fantastic dr! She walked out of surgery at 5pm to look at my numbers and said everything is where is should be. She went above and beyond.