Countdown on my TT Journey - TT,MR, Lipo to Flanks - Scottsdale, AZ

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello to all of you out here who have started your...

Hello to all of you out here who have started your own personal journey. I'm new to this site but very excited to find people I can relate to. I've been wanting to get a TT for over 15 years. I'm in my 40's and suffered a stroke in my 30's from taking birth control pills. I thank God everyday that I have no complications. I've worked really hard at keeping myself healthy. I have three sons and a wonderful supportive husband.

When I had my stroke my blood pressure was extremely high. I now have that under control and got consents from my primary and cardio doctors. I feel great but starting to feel a little panicked since surgery is on Nov 20th.

I had my Pre-op yesterday with my PS. I received my prescriptions, and long list of over the counter meds and vitamins to stay away from. I was informed that I would be receiving an injection of Lovanox to help reduce the risk of blood clots.

I welcome all comments or questions...

12 days to a flatter tummy ;-)

I don't have a problem keeping myself busy throughout the day since my job is so demanding, although I find myself constantly looking at the calendar.

I am wondering if any of you brought underwear or bathing suit bottoms to the surgery so that your doc could see if they could get the scar low enough?

I posted this picture as a reminder of the ugly truth!! This is my tummy when bending over. Since my TT is eight days before Thanksgiving I'm trying to get all of my dinner ingredients in the house to make it easier for my husband to help me.

Thanks again for all of the comments and well wishes!!!

Getting restless....9 days to the Flat Side

Hello to my TT sisters....Today was a very rough day for me. I woke up last night at midnight and was up until at least 3:30am. My alarm went off at 5am so work felt never ending. I came home and made dinner and felt like going straight to bed. Instead I decided to jump on my exercise bike and get 3 miles in while watching my all time favorite show 'Scandal'.

I feel relaxed for the moment but very restless... I'm putting so much thought in to my upcoming procedure that it almost doesn't seem real. I picked up all of my prescriptions today and have gotten all of my items that I think will be necessary.

I will try to take a few more pics before next Wednesday. I'm not sure if I will have the strength to communicate with you all on Wednesday but I will have my iPad with me at the hospital.

I'm a big smoothie drinker so I will get a bunch of fruits and veggies in case I don't feel like eating. I had to write a note on my mirror in the bathroom to not take my aspirin or anything other than my B/P meds. I was reading a post where someone said they kept dreaming that on the morning of surgery they put a gummy bear in their mouth and surgery was cancelled. Glad to know I'm not the only one having crazy thoughts :-)

Did any of you keep a record of your drain output and a sheet for when you took meds? I was thinking of typing one up to keep near me so I can record.

I probably forgot to mention previously that I'm 5'2 and weight 140 lbs. I've been really good at hiding this ugly mess under my clothes with the help of spanyx and girdles. No one I know would probably ever believe these are my pics of my tummy. This is one of the reasons I felt it was important to document. This is for me more than anybody else. I had hard pregnancies and delivered one of my sons at 24 weeks. He weighed 1 lb and 7 oz. My miracle baby is now 15... I have been blessed many times and I will continue to thank The Lord on a daily basis.

God Bless all of you out there and thank you for your support. It is so rewarding to read all of the experiences that you have shared. SMOOCHES

6 days to a new Tummy...Hopefully germ free :-(

Hello to my RS family.. I'm so excited that I'm getting closer and closer to the big day. However my son wasn't feeling well so at 2am I had to take him to the hospital. All I could think of was please let him be okay and please don't let me pick up any viruses that are all over this place. The doc thinks he just had some inflammation near his ribs. I'm given him until tomorrow to see if he feels better before I get a second opinion. I have to be careful with him since he was my 1 lb preemie (15 years ago). I must remind myself that God is good all the time.

I'm trying to finish up all loose ends at work before I'm out of the office for awhile. I commute 45 minutes to 1 hour each way. I notice while I'm sitting in traffic I daydream about all of the things I need to still do this weekend in order to be ready. I can't believe it's my last weekend to get it together!!!

I'll check back with you ladies soon..Positive thoughts to all. God bless...

3 days and counting.......

I can't believe I'm this close... I feel like I was truly tested this week. Took my son to one hospital who diagnosed him with inflammation in his rib area on Wed. On Friday he was still in pain so I took him to a different hospital who diagnosed him with pneumonia.

It is true that us Moms know when there is something just not quite right with our kids. He is now on antibiotics and feeling much better.

So today was my day to clean the house and get any last minute things I needed. I dropped of my dogs to get groomed and within an hour I received a call that while giving one dog a bath her paw got caught and now she is bleeding everywhere.

Needless to say I was very upset and couldn't even think of shopping or doing anything else. I sat in the car and started crying because I felt like it was my fault that my dog was in pain. I feel very emotional today. It's probably because I'm scared of my TT outcome.

My husband has been very supportive. He wasn't thrilled when I first started talking about a TT but I'm glad he is on board now. Besides, I told him how HOTT I'm going to look after'm hoping to have a photo shoot is something skimpy just for him!!!

I'm praying that tomorrow is a better day and that everything else shall fall in to place. I will remember that I can do all things through Christ and as I ask The Lord to bless all of my TT sisters by placing the protective angels by our side and that he bless our surgeries and healing.

2 days...Keeping my eye on the prize ;-)

Hello TT family. Today was the day I needed. I got a pedicure and gel manicure and was able to do a little shopping:
Band aides

I'm working all day Monday and Tuesday so I'm trying to get everything ready. This is a pic of me covering my big jelly belly 2 days pre-op.

Hope to update soon!!!
Good night...

1 more day......I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve ;-)

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is healing well and feeling great..I received my call from the registration dept at the hospital. They wanted to confirm my time and go over what not to bring to the hospital. I will remember to take off my wedding ring but will have to make myself a note to take out my nose ring.

Last night was my first night showering with Hibiclense. So much for my beautiful Bath & Body fragrances!!! I think I'm as ready as I'm going to get.

One of my BFF's is a nurse who told me if I get constipated to try milk of magnesia and warm up some prune juice. She said she recommends this to all of her patients and it's worked wonders. I'm already not regular because of my b/p meds so I'm sure I'll be trying this out.

I'm a little nervous that I will be giving myself injections of Lovanox after sx but was relieved that they are prefilled syringes. Whew!!! I plan on one more update tomorrow night with a pic so that you all can help me say goodbye to the jelly Good night my friends....

12 hours til the Flat side.....

Hello friends, you all have been the best with all your well wishes... I'm extremely grateful for finding this sight and appreciate all the support I've received.

Today was busy with trying to complete my last day of work until Dec 2nd. I had enough time to make my family a delicious spinach salad which I took a pic of for you. I forgot to mention I have a passion for cooking and have made some very creative dishes. I have a husband and three boys so I always try to find something different for them to try.

I just finished packing my bag. I kept it pretty limited. I have a robe, socks, bra, undies, toothbrush, Chapstick, identification and my medical insurance card. I have something comfy to wear home and slip on shoes.

My PS instructed me to shower with Hibiclense but not to put on any lotions or deodorant. I will shower again before leaving in the morning.

I took these pics for my own clarity of why I wanted a TT so badly. This has been nagging at me for years. Like so many other women I got so busy taking care of everybody else. I lost three family members last year a month a part. This year I decided to take care of me and enjoy life. I wake up everyday and thank The Lord for waking me up. It's important to count our blessings... Happy healing everybody!!!!

I hope to be in touch as soon as I can!!!! SMOOCHES

I made it... Finally here...

Very sore. I will update later...:-)

Almost 24 hours Post-op...

Hi everyone,
I feel much better this morning than yesterday. I was sore and when I put a piece of cracker in my mouth the vomiting started. I will update more later. They are getting me ready to walk down the hall...

2 days Post-op....

Hello everyone, I'm just doing a quick update to let you know how I'm feeling. On the morning of surgery I arrived and completed all the registration info. A nurse took me back to get a set of vitals and give me another EKG.

My PS arrived and did all of the markings. I told her to please do a good job so I can come back and get the boobies lifted. After meeting with the anesthesia doc I was moved into the operating room. My doc did a standing scrub to the front and back of my body. After I laid on the OR bed I don't remember anything else until they were waking me up.

My mouth was extremely dry and I felt like I was in crunch contest. They had been putting morphine for the pain in my IV. I immediately started throwing up like crazy. I wasn't nauseated at all. They put a patch on the back of my neck to help with nausea. My PS told them to discontinue the morphine and to start me with dilauded, which is what I will be taking from home. After the med change I have not had anymore vomiting episodes.

I'm now able to eat even though I don't have an appetite. This morning I had the following:
Honey Nut Chex w/ 2% milk and later a Nutrigrain bar. My boss sent me the beautiful edible arrangement basket filled with fruit. I had a few pieces of fruit and 1/2 of the Ensure drink. I feel so stuffed right. I know a lot of it has to be this damn CG.

I can take my first shower on Sunday so I'm looking forward to that. Every hour I'm using the spiramotor per my PS instructions. I hope every one is healing good because it's a long road to recovery. I'll update more later...

Take a look at my new belly!!! 5 days Post-op

Hi Ladies,
Things are going very well. I was able to take my first shower last night and it felt like heaven!! As you can see from the pics, I'm very swollen but loving the results... I haven't taken any pain pills today and I seem to be doing just fine.

My CG was digging into my skin so I put on a tank top and wrapped the CG over it. I'm now able to slowly walk up the stairs to my bedroom. My husband assisted me with my shower and dried me off. He is such a good man...

This morning I wasn't very hungry but I ate a warmed tortilla and had an Ensure drink. For lunch I had a key lime yogurt with sliced bananas.

I will keep you all posted on my upcoming follow up appointment this week. "Smooches"

7 days PO

It's so hard to believe that I had this TT surgery one week ago today. I'm still very swollen but I know it will eventually go down. My husband and kids have taken over the cooking and cleaning so I'm resting as much as I can. I usually put a big spread together for Thanksgiving but tomorrow my mother in law will be doing the honors for us.

I find I have to reposition my CG throughout the day because my stomach is so tight. My next follow up appointment is Saturday. I'm hoping to get these drains out. They are not pinching me or pulling the wrong way, there just annoying.

I'm so grateful that I was able to have my TT and I hope that if I can help answer anyone's questions that you all feel free to ask.

I'm eating all the normal things I did before surgery and having regular BM's. I will update pics again soon. SMOOCHES!!

Drains, drains gone today!!!!!! Thank you Jesus.......

I finally got my drains out today!! Yippee... I already feel like a new woman!!! I will post updated pics later. I have friends coming to visit... The drain removal hurt a little but the sting soon went away. I can't wait to start wearing Spanyx and get out of this CG.

My PS wants me to wait for the drain holes to scab over before showering to keep any water or soap out. I don't care if I have to sponge bathe as long as those damn drains are gone. I felt like I was carrying around a set of balls!!! Very hard trying to keep concealed under clothing. My PS is so wonderful that I don't have any negativity about her or her staff. I've already decided that when I get a boobie lift she is the PS of choice.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had lots to be thankful for. My son is leaving tomorrow morning back to military life. I'm so glad we were able to spend time with him.

My husband has been the best. He has been cooking, cleaning, and taking care of our other two boys and dogs. He lotions me down every night after my shower and tells me how good I look. He also helps stuff myself back into my CG. I'm very swollen but already knew that was part of the deal.

I just gave myself my last Lovanox injection. I'm so happy about that because everyday was getting harder. My thighs were starting to feel a little bruised. Starting tomorrow I can get back on my aspirin and vitamin routine. I have my next appt with my PS in 2 weeks so I'm on light duty until then. I'm going back to work on Monday but will make sure that I sit at my desk like a good girl!!

Whoot-Whoot!!! Photos without drains but swelling :-(

Hi Ladies, here are the updated photos of me now that drains are out. I'm so swollen but I don't care... This has truly been a blessing and I'm grateful.

Happy healing to all because I've had a hard time trying to eat healthy since Thanksgiving. My appetite is definitely back with a vengeance.

I was very sad to see my son leave this morning but hoping he will be able to come home for Christmas before being deployed.

We had friends over last night and I was on my feet way too much. I go back to work tomorrow so today is my last day to relax and do absolutely nothing...Even the dogs better find a way to let themselves

17 days PO and everyday is looking better ;-0

Hello to my RS family... I'm sorry I needed a little break this week since starting back to work on PO day 12 which was last Monday. My morning got off to a rough start. I was moving so slow. I can usually have my hair and makeup done in 45 minutes but on Monday I had no motivation. I had my long commute but once I got to the office it was nice to have my bosses waiting on me hand and foot. Usually it's the other way My desk looked like a small hurricane of paperwork. By 1pm I was ready for a nap. My back started hurting and I wasn't looking forward to my commute home. Once I got home with my boys all I wanted to do was take a shower and go to sleep. Which is what I've done all week :-(..

On Tues PO day 13, my back was feeling so much better. I mixed one of the Emergency Vitamin C packs with water and I could tell my energy level was lifted. My hubby was home and cooked dinner so that when I got home all I had to do was eat, shower, and go to bed.

On Wed PO day 14 I thought they were trying to kill me at work. Every time I turned around I had a fire to put out. I don't know what they would do if I needed to be out longer but geeze it was crazy. I've been eating pretty good. My favorite breakfast is yogurt and banana or egg whites with bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. I actually have a little trick for the veggie mix.

I heat olive oil and chop all the veggies and sauté them. When they cool off I get a tablespoon and break off small pieces of plastic wrap. I scoop the mixture into these little individual portions. When I get ready to scramble my eggs, I throw one of my frozen veggie packs in the microwave for 20 seconds and then add to my egg whites to scramble. I had to get creative because I know I'm not the only one who opens mushrooms for one dish or cuts a piece off of a bell pepper and when you go to use it again it is no good.

On Thurs PO day 15 it was a little more relaxing. I've gotten caught up a bit so I was able to breathe. I was able to leave work a couple hours early. My hubby cooked and I enjoyed hanging out with everyone like a normal family. This week has def made me feel isolated because of being so tired. It was nice to sit with everyone and tell corny jokes and be silly. I wear a comfort fit spanyx top under my blouses for work. After my shower, I go to my CG. I woke up around 3am and felt like the CG was irritating the ish out of me. I took it off and slept without it for the next couple hours. By the end of every evening I noticed I'm a little swollen but in the mornings I'm looking pretty good.

On Friday PO day 16, TGIF, I couldn't wait to get the work day started and over. I was extremely busy but I felt my best. Maybe I just knew I would be sleeping in on Sat so my eye was on the picked up Asiago wings and Antipasto salad for the family and headed home to relax. It's been pretty cold so I've been drinking lots of hot tea. I'm a green tea drinker but did pick up some pineapple tea made by Lipton. I don't know if it helps with swelling but it sure taste good with a bit of honey.

Today, Saturday PO day 17..... The last two pictures taken are from this morning. I don't see my PS until the 17th so I'm continuing to just take things easy. My boys went grocery shopping with me so that they could do all the lifting. I've done most of my Xmas shopping online so I should be ready for my last minute gifts by next weekend. I'm not ready to do the mall yet. Today we put the tree and decorations up so we can get in the spirit.

I hope you all are healing well and have not had any issues. My prayers and blessings to all. I hope to post more often now that I've gotten through this last week. Gotta start my final episode of Scandal....

PO day 18 and counting.....How long it took me to swell today!

Hello my RS friends!! Today was a nice relaxing day. Slept in for the first time in weeks. Caught up on some much needed cleaning and laundry. My hubby and kids have been great but I wanted to clean my house the way I wanted it clean :-)

I watched a little football and didn't blink when my hubby brought out some Blue Diamond Smoked Almonds... Now Ladies, I knew I shouldn't of but I did. I probably had about 6 almonds and said to myself, it's only 6 no big deal...

Let me tell you the SWELL HELL I endured!!! It was no joke.. My stomach immediately got hard and I felt like a beach ball... The next time I decide to eat anymore of those damn almonds will be years from now!!!

I finally feel better after my shower but WOW did I learn my lesson....I've never had swelling at that intensity level. Anyways, tomorrow is back to work and long commuting. Today was probably the best I'm doing at walking and moving around. I'm not walking like I'm 90 years old anymore. I have a little pep in my step!!!! Happy healing to you all...

PO Day 19

Hello RS friends!!!
My swelling finally went down after eating those smoked almonds.....Never again.....I'm feeling itchy at my incision line and I was wondering if it's because I still have the tape on.

I still haven't tried on my business attire so I don't know how my clothes will fit. I'm going to keep playing it off and wearing leggings and sweats to work. It's a bit chilly so I'm very appreciative that my bosses are being so cool about it.

I hope you all are healing well at whatever stage you are in. Most of us still have a long way to go. Prayers to all!!

PO Day 20

Hello RS!
I've noticed that since I started back to work and with the recent temperature drop that I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. I usually drink at the very least 64oz of water a day. I'm lucky if I drink 32-40oz. I start my morning off with a cup of coffee. TMI, it also keeps me Since I'm freezing in the morning I then have a cup of green tea. After that I start drinking bottled water and by the second bottle my stomach is so tight and swollen.

Maybe I will try to drink my water later in the evening. Other than that I'm feeling great with no complaints. I sleep through the night on my sides. I enjoy looking at my tummy first thing in the morning. That's when you are able to see the flatness before the swelling takes over.

I'm only 20 days out but can honestly say if I had to do it again I would. I felt the same way after my reduction over 20 years ago. I see a BA in my future!!!! Already claiming it and planting the seed... Happy healing Ladies.....

PO Day21

Hey Everyone, just a quick hello to check on you all. No changes with me. I'm accepting that I'm in The Swell Hell that everyone talks about but instead of complaining I'm going to embrace it. Lord knows I look and feel better swollen then I did 22 days hope everyone is doing well!!!!

PO Day 23

Hey RS family, I hope all is well with everyone and that your results are starting to progress... I know some of us want to look flat the minute we reach the flat side but our bodies go through more changes along the way.

It's hard being patient but each day does get better... Swelling wasn't as bad today. My breakfast was a wheat tortilla with deli turkey and Swiss cheese rolled together... It sounded good at the time.

Lunch was Broccoli and Cheddar soup and dinner was a hamburger.... I know you are all probably thinking she was doing good until she got to that hamburger....

It may have not been a good choice but I have to say it was delicious. Friday is the only day that I don't cook in my household. I chose one day years ago to take advantage of not being in the

I had to take my son to a follow up dr appt from his pneumonia spell. After his appt I was tired and wanted to pick up something quick. No complaints from anyone at home.

I don't go back to my PS until the 17th so I don't have anything new to report. My tape is still on covering the incision. I don't know what they use but this stuff is no joke if it's been on for 24 days.

I will be looking for a new waist cincher this weekend and trying on my old jeans to see how they look and fit. I've been bumming around in leggings and now I'm burned out... Take care everybody...Happy healing....

PO Day 24 with a pic (3 weeks)

Hey RS family, I just wanted to post this pic from today. Happy healing to all and God bless!!

PO Day 27

Hello RS family, I hope and pray everyone is healing well... I had my follow up appt today with my PS. She took off my surgical tape from my incision and replaced it with paper tape. She wants me to keep it on for 4 days and then replace.

After the next two weeks she wants me to start massaging my scar with Vitamin E oil. I have to wait until week 6 for full clearance to work out. She wants me to be patient so that my scar can heal nicely and so that I won't have issues with anything opening.

She also would prefer if I keep wearing my Spanyx garment for a couple more weeks. All in all I can't say how pleased I am with the outcome. This was always a dream and now that's it's done I still can't believe it.

My next appt with my PS will be in Jan. I should be around 8 weeks and will be taking before and after pics for her website. I still have swelling just not as bad anymore.

Thank you all for being on this journey with me. Being able to connect with people that feel the same way I did was amazing. I hope that my story can help at least one person struggling with the decision.

My next journey will be the breast lift but since I don't have a specific time frame I will have to keep you posted. I did inquire about it today at my appt. I explained what look I wanted to achieve and stressed that since my reduction was over 20 years ago that I wanted to be between a B/C cup size. Anything bigger might make me have flashbacks of what I had removed. Besides, mine weren't big and cute they were big and ugly!!! Happy healing to you all....

1 month PO

Hey RS friends, I hope everyone is healing well. I love the holiday season and I'm sure many of us are feeling like we already got our Xmas gifts since having surgery...

I'm still so pleased with my outcome. If I had to do it again I would. I hope everyone has or will have the results they are looking for.

I'm still dressing down just a tad bit at work because most of my dress pants and jeans are too loose. I think I will go shopping for myself after Xmas. I wanted to spend money on my wonderful hubby and kids who supported me 100%.

I will keep you all posted on updated pics soon. I have been busy shopping and getting everything ready. Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It has truly been a blessing to find this site. Happy holidays and Happy healing to all!!!!!

6 1/2 weeks PO...

Hello RS family, I hope that everyone is healing well and enjoying the outcome of whichever sx you had... I feel like I have met some wonderful people from this site...

I'm 6 1/2 weeks and just started some light cardio. Next week I'm going to start a 2 week detox. I don't have regular bowel movements so I want to flush out some toxins that are lurking around. I'm still down the 5 lbs that I loss after my TT...

I also just purchased a scar treatment... My scar is healing very nicely but I want to see if the silicone strips can make it look even better.

Overall, I'm happy and excited... I didn't have too many people that were haters in my circle but for the ones I did have all I have to say to them is God Bless you... That really wasn't my first choice in words but my BFF said to be

My son was able to come home for Christmas before being deployed so it was very special for me... The last time he was here was 7 days after sx and I was still walking and moving like a little old lady!! This time he was able to get his favorite dessert like homemade banana pudding YUM!!!!

Thanks for all the continued support. I hope that I'm able to make someone feel better after reading my blog. You have all helped me. Happy New Years to you all...

4 months PO.... 15 lb weight loss

Hello RS family,
Today is my 4 month PO after TT, MR, and Lipo to Flanks. This has been an amazing experience. I'm feeling great. I've been MIA for awhile due to my busy work/life schedule. I'm only able to work out 2 days a week but I was introduced to an amazing product that has helped me lose that last 15 pounds. I'm drinking a weight loss coffee and tea.

The coffee and tea both have garcinia Cambogia which aid in boosting the metabolism while curbing your appetite. My sister has currently lost 30 lbs in 3 months while lowering her cholesterol and blood sugar levels. I have never been so excited about a weight loss product. Anyone interested in checking it out can go to and click on the store. I drink one cup if coffee in the morning with my creamer and Splenda. I drink one cup of the green tea with honey.
On days that I feel like a smoothie, I open a packet of the tea and blend together with my smoothie ingredients that consist of the following:
Vanilla protein powder
Almond milk
Vanilla Greek yogurt
Chia seed
Frozen berries
Weight loss tea
2nd favorite for chocolate lovers:
Chocolate protein powder
Almond milk
Vanilla Greek yogurt
Chia seed
1tsp of cocoa powder
I've even gotten creative and made a recipe booklet adding the weight loss coffee to brownies and cookies as well as flavored lattes and cappuccinos.
I hope everyone continues to heal and stay healthy. I'm glad I was able to spend some time to say hello.
I've also had 3 consults for my BA... Hoping to get it done this year. It's time for the girls to look as good as everything else. Losing the weight makes them appear a little more droopier.Lol.... Smooches....
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Daiza and her staff. She was very compassionate and listened to what I was wanting to accomplish. I will definitely recommend her to anyone needing a PS. She is also double board certified!!!!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful