33 Yrs Old, 2 Kids Both C-sections. 5' 190 Lbs 44" Waist. Want to Be Wonder Woman Again!! - Scottsdale, AZ

Here is my "Ask a Doctor" question: http://www...

Here is my "Ask a Doctor" question: http://www.realself.com/question/goodyear-az-5-32-yo-roughly-43-44-waist-30-33-waist

I’m Asian, 5’ 188-190 lbs 32 yrs old. I had 2 boys, both c-sections; last one was 6 years ago. I’m roughly 43-44.5” around the waist and I want to get down to in between 30-33” waist.

Pre-pregnancy waist was about 26” (2001, 18 y.o.) 110 lbs if it matters, about 36” (2007, 24 y.o.) 140-145? lbs before 2nd child. I wouldn't say I was the sports/athletic type, but I did play sports and worked out on the weekdays in high school. But after I had my first child, the yo-yo dieting and exercise started.

I have seen some images/results where 10”+ was taken off, but I also know that everyone’s body is different and internal structure has a factor in waist size.

I don't drink or smoke. No current health problems as in (high blood pressure or heart problems), no psychological issues.

From my C-Section scar I believe I heal pretty well. My stretch marks aren't that bad as I try to keep my skin hydrated and soft and try as best I can to keep the elasticity of my skin.

I am still dieting and exercising (workout difficulty increasing and diet is more strict as it is getting closer to when I want the surgery done). I have done the whole yo-yo dieting and exercise, which was probably really bad for me and my metabolism which most likely stopped around 22 yo.

I am quite disgusted with my body and get emotional when talking about it, but I try not to show it.

So yeah don't want to bore anyone too much so here are my body pictures (eventhough I don't like taking pictures).

I'll be going to another consult Tuesday (Jul 21, 2015). Still looking for a Surgeon. I really hope I can get to 30-33".

Scheduled Tummy Tuck surgery

I scheduled my surgery for Oct 8, no feelings yet, just a feeling of hoping everything goes smoothly and finances go as planned. Hoping here I don't jinx myself.

I feel like I lost weight since my last update as clothes feel looser as I've been on a strict diet and working out more regularly instead of intermittent workouts here and there. I haven't weighed or measured myself yet as my husband hid all that stuff from me so I don't get discouraged and obsessed with numbers.

Cost is outrageous!

I pushed my surgery out, but a little upset that my cost went up and wondering if I should switch my Dr because they're asking for $24,000 for a tummy tuck. I read that a full mommy makeover is 16,000 - $18,000.

I lost over 50 lbs and they're telling me that the cost is still the same. :(

No Tummy Tuck yet

No Tummy Tuck yet, but I lost 60 lbs with diet, exercise. But I'm being told that the cost is the same at around $24,000. lingering around 35"/36" waist. 140-145 lbs.

First photo is July 2015, 2nd photo is June 2016.

Tummy Tuck Time! 5’, 33 Yr Old, 2 Kids Both C-Sections. 145 Lbs.

In July 2015 I was at my highest weight at 205 lbs. In July 2016, I
am now roughly 140-145 lbs. I went to a few consultations and went with
Dr. Nachbar.

To lose ~60 lbs was through regular diet and exercise; tracked my exercise and progress.

I went with Dr. Nachbar for the Drainless / No Drain Tummy Tuck

July
29 Fri – Tummy Tuck Day. Went through all the preparations for surgery.
Went into the surgery room and don’t remember anything that went on in
there. Nurses woke me up in recovery and told me that I did great and
they called my husband. They asked if I’d like more morphine and of
course I said yes please :). Then went right back to sleep. Woke me up
to tell me they are transferring me to my room where I will stay a night
and fell back to sleep. So overall day went smoothly, I was taken care
of. At around 11pm I was told that I need to get up and take a short
walk. That first initial walk was painful, well, it was the getting up
and down. Went on for 2-3 more walks thereafter, which were much easier,
but I would still get dizzy getting up. Nurses were excellent at the
surgery center.

They gave me some crackers to eat as I
was starving. For dinner, I was able to eat solids and I ordered turkey
breast slices, mashed potatoes & gravy and a dinner roll. For
breakfast, I ate yogurt, applesauce and fruit cocktail; didn’t want to
upset my stomach with eggs (sometimes eggs don’t agree with me).

30 Sat (1 day Post Op) – Dr. came by to see how everything was. My
incision looks great, not a lot of bruising and normal swelling. Went
home at noon. The drive home was an hour and felt pretty nauseated, but
didn’t vomit. Just kind of slept during the whole day and walked around
for a couple minutes as I woke up. There was pain, but it was bearable
with the help of pain meds. Slept in a recliner for nap and sleeping.

31 Sun (2 days PO) – Took a shower today, with help. Slept again
throughout the day. Still pain, but manageable with pain meds. I was
able to walk with back straight today, so I wasn’t hunched over which
was nice on my back.

Aug 1 Mon (3 days PO) – Had a PO
appointment (appt) today, but really wasn’t up for it and re-scheduled
for Wednesday. Took naps throughout the day. Started weaning myself off
Percocet so I only took 1 tablet instead of 2 every 4 hours.

Aug 2 Tue – More Napping :)

Aug
3 Wed (5 days PO) – Went to my first Post-op appt, Dr. and assistant
said I’m healing up very well, no bruising really and swelling isn’t
that bad. Got in and out the car by myself.

Aug 4 Thu (6
days PO) – Went to Walmart (walked around very slowly) about 2 hours I
believe. Sneezing and sudden coughs very painful! I had to take Tylenol
after that first sneeze! I try to hold my abdomen in with pillow, but
still painful. First day without a nap. Oh also went to meet teachers
for my sons in the evening as they go back to school this Monday.

Aug
5 Fri (1 week PO) – So it’s now been a week and things seem to be going
well. I got dressed all by myself today… well except for the
compression garment. I have my husband help me put it on to keep
everything even. We learned that keeping a bandana between my skin and
the elastic part of the garment was more comfortable and less itchy.
Have a few coughs and sneezes every now and then, but don’t need
Tylenol. I was also able to sleep on a regular bed last night (no
recliner, no wedge). Sleeping flat really helped with back pain.

Doctor Review:

I
really enjoyed my visit with Dr. Nachbar and staff. They seemed to
really understand what my concerns were and answered all my questions.
They kept me up-to-date with my appointments and sent reminders. They
were really helpful and answered all of my questions over the phone
since the consultation.

2 weeks

So I'm on my second week. Belly button has been oozing this past week. Surgical tape (steristrips?) still on scar, sorry can't see the scar just yet.

Pressure spots on hips

In the first week, I developed some pressure sensitive spots on my hips where the binder was the tightest. To alleviate the pain, my husband suggested we roll up some bandanas that I had (or wash cloths) and place them around the sensitive areas to relieve the pressure off the hip area where the incisions are.

It worked for a good 4 days until the pressure sensitive areas were getting larger.

Then my caring husband went out in the middle of the night to find me something to use to take the pressure off my hips.

He went to several stores and got me some push up inserts that you put in bras and they worked! The pressure was relieved and the sensitive area was getting smaller. I've been wearing them for about 3 days now. I know it sounds funny, but it's worked for me! :D. It will make you look bigger, but it was a relief to have the pressure off the hip incisions and hip bone.

Sorry didn't post earlier, but at least now I've got a solution :).

Also I slept with 1 pillow under my head last night and the this morning my back is aching. So sleeping flat on my back with no pillow under my head and 2 pillows under my knees/legs is the best way I sleep.

Pillows placed as shown in image. Sorry the image isn't pretty; did the image on my phone; wasn't near my laptop.

Belly button draining slowing.

Belly button looking better without the gross oozing ???? *:D
Still oozing a little bit, but trying to keep it dry using a q-tip to soak up liquid after shower, around 2pm and before I go to bed. So far so good. :)

Also took off binder today and wearing a waist garment that I had when I was big to slim fat down so I could wash my binder. I have a second binder, but it was when I had a c-section and it's too large :/.

So yeah, sneezing and coughing still hurts. And still walking around slowly. Oh and I drove last night. I probably could have drove earlier, but me being a short person, my seat is pretty close to the wheel, so getting in and out would have been a challenge. :)

No more tape!

Be back with pictures; have a follow up in an hour and all surgical tape is gone! :) woo hoo!!!!

4 week update

So this is me at 4 weeks. PS says I'm still swollen, but doing very well. All the surgical tape finally came off.

Ha ha, sorry the area is so shiny because I had put cocoa butter all over my mid section, it smells great and easier to massage than regular lotion.

I think the scar area is looking pretty good for 4 weeks. My belly button doesn't even look like it was scarred at all; besides my belly button being crooked, I think everything turned out well. I may get my belly button fixed later (it'll just be another unique thing about me :) ).

Yesterday I felt some sharp stinging needle like pain on my right side on the incision. This morning I felt it in the front also.

The dark markings are from the surgical tape and from the folds in the binder.

oops... 4 week update

Failed to select the other photos...

The dark markings are from the surgical tape and from the folds in the binder.

Silicone Tape

I put MediHoney and Silicone Scar tape on today to protect the area and improve appearance and healing.

6 weeks

Just some progress pictures... I started walking this week for light workouts... But I have noticed that my upper area has been bulging out more.

Hello 8 week update

So everything is going well still. I started road cycling last week which was nice on the feet. I wear a neoprene waist wrap during workouts to keep vibrations to a minimum.

Just a couple things I'm worried about. this bump that is circled green and the tiny hole that's circled orange.

Upper Abdomen not flat

I had a standard No Drain Tummy Tuck on July 29, 2016. My body has had over three months of healing time. The lower and upper area where the cut was is just a little bit sore. I feel that my upper abdomen (a little above the belly button) looks the same as before I had the surgery. It also feels the same as it was before surgery. But my lower abdomen has flattened out nicely and the scar looks great. But my upper abdomen isn’t matching the flatness.

I was told it was still swollen, but it feels and looks the same as before the surgery. You can even tell the left side of the tummy and flanks is bigger than the right.

My understanding is when you get a standard Tummy Tuck, they also do the upper abdomen area so it will match. I’m just trying to get an opinion on it because it looks like nothing really happened to the upper half of my abdomen.

What do you think about my upper abdomen? How would I go about fixing it if I need to? Will just tickle lipo work for this if needed?

Thank you so much.

Upper Abdomen sticks out; not flat.

Thank you so much.
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

I really enjoyed my visit with Dr. Nachbar and staff. They seemed to really understand what my concerns were and answered all my questions. They kept me up-to-date with my appointments and sent reminders. They were really helpful and answered all of my questions over the phone since the consultation.