38 Year Old with 2 Children - Finally Have my Breasts Augmented and Lifted. Scottsdale, AZ

17 years after my first consult with Dr. Shaw, I...

17 years after my first consult with Dr. Shaw, I am getting my breast augmented and lifted. After 3 consults - Dr. Diaza, Dr. Tamir Mosharrafa and Dr Shaw, I've decided to go with Shaw. I'm nervous, because it's no longer just an augmentation, but a lift as well. Scary and excited at the same time. I've been trying to find women with the same situation who may have experienced the same feelings and curious to learn about their thoughts after the procedure. I am starting with a 32B and will most likely end up with a "C". The implants that my doctor decided on are 300HP. I have a narrow rib cage, my waist is 30", 38" hips and 123lbs. When I was asked what size I would like to be, my response was to make sure my top matches my bottom. Right now, I feel like mother nature mismatched my top and bottom and it's taken me 17 years and 2 breastfed babies to have the nerve to make the change.
If you have had a lift and an augmentation in the past, could you tell how you feel about your breasts after the surgery? My concern is scaring, but truly, the only person who will see me naked will be my husband. My oldest daughter is 7 and my youngest is 4 and I wonder how I should approach the topic with my 7 year old. I still want them to feel confident with themselves, will that be an issue? Anyways, those are my thoughts.

Not sleeping

Ever since I confirmed my surgery date, I have not been able to sleep through the night. I wake up -panicked - about having the surgery, concerned am I doing the right thing. How will thus affect my body in the future...as age. Can I consider myself nervous or is the decision not right for me?

Postponed my upgrade

I was a neevous wreck. Didn't have my husband on board 100%. After talking with him and explaining the importance of this procedure, i am rescheduled for March 17! Hooray!

Wish boobs

Pre-op 2/9/15

Love my PS! Love my PS! Love my PS! I comoletely trust him that I will not come out looking like Barbie. I have never felt more at ease and more confident with my decision. I know i am in good hands!

Pre-op fitting

My pre-op apt went smoothly. Comfortable with my decision. 300 hp

9 more days

Gettin g everythin

This time next week i will be 1 day post-op

I've decided to take a very much needed vacay away from family and visiting a dear friend. It's great! I've had time to think about how my augmentation and lift would impact my yoga practice. I am in a town where implants are not as prominant and wonder if where i live has influenced my decision. After all this, i am still looking forward to being on the other side and enjoying the new me. With Only 5 days to go! Yahoo!

March 18 is tomorrow!

Less than 12 hours before check in at surgery center. Not scared, but rather excited and nervous. I know i am in good hands. See you manaƱa!

Post op

As i am sitting at home in my zero gravity chair medicated on muscle relaxers and pain killers and reflecting the days events, i have to say -so far so good! Surgery center experience was positive: nirses were accomdating and sincere - before and aftet. The sleep doc (cant spell now) was another great doc. My dic and his nurse came in.. Marked me up andi got my cocktail and was sent on my merry way. Awoke in recovery groggy and sleepy and not in pain, but rather chest pressure. At home hubby great! A little nauseous. Cant eat much. But i need to. As for fears: i was scared. Once i changed into my gown, i knew it was real! But ike i said, everyone was great and accomodating and even allowed my husband in there to be by my aide before i was rolled away.

March 18

Love at first sight

Dressings came off this morning. Talk about taking a load off! The tape was changed and they look amazing. I coildnt be happier with my results and my surgeon.

Lots of tightness on day 3

Feeling more tightness in the chest. Also my shoulders are rouding forward- like iam protecting my chest. Need to be conscious and correct that. Took an entire relaxer this mornig and that seems to knock me off my game. I have been only taking halves. Will ween myself off of the painkillers. Too much and dont have pain anymore. Anyone else experiences numbness like feeling in one arm? For Me, its my right. Feels like when your arm goes to sleep and then it slowly the feeling comes back. Something like that. Happy heeling!

1 week post-op

Had some stiches removed. Everything looks great. Swelling is minimum and bruising is pretty much non-existant. Riding high, but that will change. Slept better last night after placing support under my knees- what a relief! First full night sleep!

Couldn't be happier

Today I had my stitches removed. Had the opportunity to look at them with the strips and I am happy with the progress. I believe my expectations were different, because I went into this procedure knowing that I did not want "Barbie" boobs. I continued with saying that there is nothing Barbie about me and please, don't start there. Because of my perspective, i am very happy with my results and where they are today. They will only get better. I have yet to feel regret or wish I would have gone bigger. I choose the right surgeon and I trusted his decision.

2 weeks post-op

Two weeks after surgery and all is well. Wish I could sleep in my back, but not yet. Happy with the progress! With each week they are less tight. Hooray!

One month update

The strips should come off on Monday. They are falling into place nicely. Very happy!

Tape is off

6 weeks and tape is finally off. So far so good. Still need to drop and fluff. It's a progress that I will gladly wait patiently to happen.

8 weeks

I can not believe it's been 8 weeks! I feel
More comfortable wearing my yoga clothes- but i haven't been to yoga since my surgery. Why? Because of the fear of laying on my stomach and using my pecs. To be honest, the most difficult part of the surgery was the inability to sleep on my stomach. Now, 8 weeks after, i have managed...and now I am ok with sleeping on my back and side. Want to see the pics? So happy with the results!!!

Progress 2.5 months

Happy! Over joyed! Extremely happy with my results. Love the way I look in clothes and in bathing suits, bras...you name it- everything! Can they get anybetter!?!

4 month update

Arizona Plastic Surgeon

Dr Shaw has a thriving business and based on his after pictures - his work is beautiful. The breasts look natural and I wanted to go with someone who had a very strong reputation and wasn't afraid of telling you the truth. His office is very professional and organized.