25 Years Old, 1 Child, 34G, Post Weight Loss

I began hating my breasts in the 4th grade when I...

I began hating my breasts in the 4th grade when I started wearing a bra for the first time and was teased about it.

From there, I only grew to hate them and my body as a whole more.

After years of self abuse, a child and an autoimmune disease I gained nearly 80lbs after being mostly wheelchair bound for a year.

I'm doing much better now, as active as I can be and have lost 90lbs through diet and exercise!

I first tried to be approved for my breast reduction after I lost my first 50, but was told that I didn't qualify because of my BMI. I lost 40 more and was finally approved. Surgery is scheduled for October 25th 2016.

It doesn't feel real yet. I don't think it will until after I've had the surgery. My pre op appointment is next Wednesday, October 12th.

My case is a bit complicated because I have a fairly severe auto immune disease that requires immunosuppressants. One of which is given to me through IV therapy, straight into a port in my chest. My veins are very small, and after years of being sick, are covered in scar tissue and not easily accessible. I'm doubting they will be able to use my port for surgery because of the location, so this is my biggest worry right now. It generally takes an ultrasound machine and a lot of digging to find a decent vein. I will ask more about this at my upcoming appointment.

34G is the current bra that I am wearing. I would like to be a small C.

Pre Op appt

I had my pre Op appointment today with Doctor Nick Evertsen. He really is incredibly kind and really makes you feel good about everything. I'm incredibly happy with him.

As I suspected, my port can not be used for surgery, however he says that if I request it, they can use an ultrasound right off the bat so they don't waste time digging in me and making me miserable.

I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM. Surgery is at 8. It'll take 2 1/2 hours. He does not generally do drains, but I can be a bleeder so there's always a possibility. I've had drains before and it was not pleasant so I'm hoping that won't be the case.

So far for my surgery I've bought a few cans of soup, a wedge pillow and dry shampoo. Tomorrow I'm going to go look for pajamas. I'm having a hard time finding something that I think will work for the surgery.

In the picture attached, I am wearing a 34G minimizer bra. In this picture, you can see the location of my port a cath. I've stopped all of my immunosuppressants as of last week. If everything goes as planned I can resume them 2 weeks post op. I'm also going to be on 1 week of preventative antibiotics.

If you have any questions regarding my surgery, port a cath or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask!

1 week pre-op

I'm 1 week pre-op today! Surgery is next Tuesday. I still feel like this isn't real. Time is dragging on so slowly. I don't think that I'm going to believe this is happening until after it's over with.

Today I'm going to go look for pajamas to wear post-op. I've looked at 2 different Walmarts and Target and I can't seem to find what I want. I can find some button up pajamas but I can't seem to figure out what to do about the sizing! My Mom thinks that I'm overthinking it, but large pajamas bottoms don't stay up on me most of the time, but I'm going to want a large top so I have room for bandaging and what not. I'm not going to want to be pulling my pants up constantly after surgery and I can't find any separate pieces or sets with draw strings! I'm about to buy some zip up footie pajamas! At least I will look cute, even if I do get laughed at on the way out of the hospital.

Here's a few more pictures I've taken. I'm still not brave enough to take uncovered pictures. I don't want to look at myself in a picture because I honestly hate my breasts that much. I probably will the night before.

1 day post op

I had my surgery yesterday, October 25th. I can't take off my bra or the bandages until my post op appointment on the 2nd! So no showers or looking at them until then.

My plastic surgeon truly is amazing! He is so kind and has such great bed side manner. He suspects that I will be a large B which is exactly what I wanted.

Today, I'm feeling decent. I'm a little sore, especially on my sides and getting up out of my recliner is painful but it's honestly way less sore than I imagined. They gave me a patch to put behind my head because being under always makes me throw up. So far, so good! It's usually within the first 24 hours and I'm past that now.

I'm really happy so far, but can't wait to see them next week!

Day 4 post op

It's been 4 days since my reduction. I am in fairly minimal pain, just soreness here and there. I am still struggling to sleep at night because I am used to sleeping on my stomach. Last night I rolled over onto my stomach 3 times and that was incredibly painful. I can comfortable lay on my right side for short amounts of time which does help a bit.

My sides are the most irritating place for me right now, not only are they sore but they're incredibly itchy. I'm guessing this is a good thing and that it means they're healing but I feel like scratching my skin off! It's been suggested to me to take Benadryl but I react pretty poorly to it, it gives me horrible night terrors and completely knocks me out and I'm concerned I will jump out of bed and hurt something. If anybody has any other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them!

It's crazy how much better my back and neck feel already. I'm still very tight but more so because I'm uncomfortable. I genuinely expected this pain to be much worse but it's really tolerable so far. I keep thinking that I'm going to wake up in a lot of pain but I haven't. My biggest issue besides rolling over and the itching has been waking up with a migraine every day. I have no clue why. I rarely get full blown migraines but yesterday it was so bad I could hardly think straight. I was disoriented and dizzy. It goes away within an hour of waking up.

I received my pathology results today.

Here they are for those who may be curious!

1: Right breast tissue 504g, Bilateral breast reduction
2: Left breast tissue 546g, Bilateral breast reduction

Final Pathologic Diagnosis
1.          Breast, right; reduction:
-          Benign breast tissue with cystically dilated ducts and dense
stromal fibrosis.
-     Benign skin without significant histopathologic changes.
-     Negative for atypia or malignancy.

2.          Breast, left; reduction:
-          Benign breast tissue with cystically dilated ducts, dense
stromal fibrosis and apocrine metaplasia.
-     Benign skin without significant histopathologic changes.
-     Negative for atypia or malignancy.

I'm still very happy with my decision and can't wait to see them! It's hard to get a good idea of the size when my bra is so stuffed with gauze but I attached a couple pics for reference.

A little (half) peek

I took a little peek today, I really just wanted to know what I had going on under this bra and bandages. They weren't sticking to me so I lifted it up a bit just long enough to snap a few pics on my good side. The other side is still very sore and stuck to the bandages so I won't touch it until the surgeon does.

My biggest fear cosmetically was that my breasts would be that obvious boxy shape. I really dislike like that look. I'm so, so relieved that mine are not boxy! They are so round. I was also concerned that they would be too large but they are great. I'm sure they'll be a bit smaller when they're done being swollen and I'm great with that! My nipples are perfect and where they're supposed to be. I've always hated my nipples. Now they are the perfect cute little size.

I know they're bruised and swollen now but they're still amazing and I'm tearing up writing this. I'm so happy. I'm going to leave the dressings alone now like I'm supposed to, but I will be staring at these pictures like a weirdo until I can really see both on Wednesday!

One thing I've ALWAYS wanted to do was get my nipples pierced. I never did it because I have spent so long hating my breasts, I never would've shown them to a piercer. Now that I've had this done, I'm considering getting them pierced! I'm assuming I will have to wait a year or so but it's definitely something I'm thinking about. Anybody else get their nipples pierced post reduction?

The rest of my pictures didn't upload. Here they are!

8 days post op, bandages removed

My surgeon is super happy with my result. My left breast is still fairly swollen which is why it looks larger. My right breast has a problem spot at the tzone that we are hoping won't get worse but will be watching carefully. I'm cleared to wear any bra that is comfortable that isn't underwire.

2 weeks 1 day post op

Still having some issues with my right side but it's looking much better! It's still much more swollen but I've been reassured by others that they should even out some.

I still have no sensation in my left nipple. The right one is extremely sensitive! When I get a cold chill and it gets hard, it's a bit painful. I'm still moderately sore. The pain reminds me of when I was newly pregnant and my boobs hurt really badly. It's tolerable but irritating at times! My next post op appointment is next Wednesday.
Dr. Nicholas Evertsen

He is incredibly kind, great bed side manner and made me feel very comfortable. He was knowledgeable about my auto immune disease. I cannot say enough great things about him!