25 Years Old, 1 Child, 34G, Post Weight Loss

I began hating my breasts in the 4th grade when I...

I began hating my breasts in the 4th grade when I started wearing a bra for the first time and was teased about it.

From there, I only grew to hate them and my body as a whole more.

After years of self abuse, a child and an autoimmune disease I gained nearly 80lbs after being mostly wheelchair bound for a year.

I'm doing much better now, as active as I can be and have lost 90lbs through diet and exercise!

I first tried to be approved for my breast reduction after I lost my first 50, but was told that I didn't qualify because of my BMI. I lost 40 more and was finally approved. Surgery is scheduled for October 25th 2016.

It doesn't feel real yet. I don't think it will until after I've had the surgery. My pre op appointment is next Wednesday, October 12th.

My case is a bit complicated because I have a fairly severe auto immune disease that requires immunosuppressants. One of which is given to me through IV therapy, straight into a port in my chest. My veins are very small, and after years of being sick, are covered in scar tissue and not easily accessible. I'm doubting they will be able to use my port for surgery because of the location, so this is my biggest worry right now. It generally takes an ultrasound machine and a lot of digging to find a decent vein. I will ask more about this at my upcoming appointment.

34G is the current bra that I am wearing. I would like to be a small C.

Pre Op appt

I had my pre Op appointment today with Doctor Nick Evertsen. He really is incredibly kind and really makes you feel good about everything. I'm incredibly happy with him.

As I suspected, my port can not be used for surgery, however he says that if I request it, they can use an ultrasound right off the bat so they don't waste time digging in me and making me miserable.

I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM. Surgery is at 8. It'll take 2 1/2 hours. He does not generally do drains, but I can be a bleeder so there's always a possibility. I've had drains before and it was not pleasant so I'm hoping that won't be the case.

So far for my surgery I've bought a few cans of soup, a wedge pillow and dry shampoo. Tomorrow I'm going to go look for pajamas. I'm having a hard time finding something that I think will work for the surgery.

In the picture attached, I am wearing a 34G minimizer bra. In this picture, you can see the location of my port a cath. I've stopped all of my immunosuppressants as of last week. If everything goes as planned I can resume them 2 weeks post op. I'm also going to be on 1 week of preventative antibiotics.

If you have any questions regarding my surgery, port a cath or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask!

1 week pre-op

I'm 1 week pre-op today! Surgery is next Tuesday. I still feel like this isn't real. Time is dragging on so slowly. I don't think that I'm going to believe this is happening until after it's over with.

Today I'm going to go look for pajamas to wear post-op. I've looked at 2 different Walmarts and Target and I can't seem to find what I want. I can find some button up pajamas but I can't seem to figure out what to do about the sizing! My Mom thinks that I'm overthinking it, but large pajamas bottoms don't stay up on me most of the time, but I'm going to want a large top so I have room for bandaging and what not. I'm not going to want to be pulling my pants up constantly after surgery and I can't find any separate pieces or sets with draw strings! I'm about to buy some zip up footie pajamas! At least I will look cute, even if I do get laughed at on the way out of the hospital.

Here's a few more pictures I've taken. I'm still not brave enough to take uncovered pictures. I don't want to look at myself in a picture because I honestly hate my breasts that much. I probably will the night before.
Dr. Nicholas Evertsen

He is incredibly kind, great bed side manner and made me feel very comfortable. He was knowledgeable about my auto immune disease. I cannot say enough great things about him!