Cannot wait until this nose is a dime piece. :) - Savannah, GA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi realselfers- I am fairly new with this site,...

Hi realselfers- I am fairly new with this site, but I have been following it religiously since Thanksgiving. :) I, like many of you, have hated my nose for a long time. Since I was in middle school. (Old enough to see the difference that maturity had made). Finally at 25, happily married, and two boys later I get to fix this over sized nose on my face. I fortunately have 100% of my husband's support. (Mainly because he had heard me complain about it since I was 15). Ha! His opinion and support is truly the only one that matters anyhow. I am overjoyed and excited all at the same time. Watching a YouTube video of a rhino gives me the willies, but to see the hundreds of you that have come out on top gives me steadfast courage to suck it up and do it. Any who I wanted to go ahead and post some before pics. I start the whole consult process this week. Ekkkk! Excited to start this journey, and have the added value of all the wonderful realselfers!
-MC ?

Consultation is in the morning-ekkkk!

Consultation is in the morning with Dr. Richard Greco. I am so excited to hear what he has to say. I have been refer to him by a close friend who recently had plastic surgery. She and a few others have highly recommended him. He also does the digital imaging so ill post those pictures soon after the appointment tomorrow. :)

The Consultation went great- The date is SET!!

Dr. Greco is a perfect match for me. He was more than I hoped for. Super detail orientated. Dr. G address all of my concerns, and took his time to answer all my questions. He gave his expert advice on all of my chief complaints. All of my concerns ended up being realistic for my facial features. I am beyond thrilled for May 14th. :) It will fall in between semester for me, so that will work perfectly. I guess now its the waiting game and getting the finances squared away. I really need to search around on here to find out what all you realselfers recommend to purchase as far as pre-op care. If you have any suggestions please comment. Thank you all.

Tick Tock-Tick Tock

I just download a countdown app for my phone. Haha! I have 130 days until surgery. Geez- that seems really far away. I guess I'd rather hear/see it in days oppose to months.

Change of plans 3 years later!

I decided against Dr. G. The more I thought about our visits and viewed the morphed computer images he performed, the more uneasy I felt. He was not on the same page as I was. Totally different result in mind. One of my biggest complaints about my nose are the columella and profile. He wanted to leave the columella alone and only fixed the dorsal hump. And a small amount of tip definition. So.....here we are January 2017. I went for a consult with Dr. Finger ( December 2016) and felt like he understood my main concerns, he spent ample time with me. He and his nurse whom I adored. I felt totally at easy with every word he spoke. He took several photos, drew extensively on his nose diagram paper that goes into surgery. Looked at all 30 (eeek) of my wish list photos. Ha! Apparently he will go with a different method than my previous choice doctor. Closed rhino, removal of dorsal bump, tip refining, no breaking and reducing the columella. Woo! That's a lot. He did stated that the root of my nose will need a graft from my septum and also a graft in the tip. Approximately a 2hr surgery. I'm super excited about it. Occasionally I get a little nervous because this isn't something you can throw at shirt over and hide. Gahhh... Throwing in some recent photos since it's been so long. And a few wish pics.
Dr. William Finger