27 Years Old, 100 Pounds Down! - Savannah, GA

I am so excited to have my surgery tomorrow. I...

I am so excited to have my surgery tomorrow. I look at RealSelf almost every day just so I can imagine what my final results will be. The reviews from others has really helped me feel confident about my decision, and I hope my story helps someone too. I am having an "around the world" procedure with lipo. If you have any questions or useful information please let me know!

Day of Surgery

So excited! We got everything we need to make this go as smooth as possible (I hope). It's just so surreal to think after all of the hard work, it's all going to be worth it after today!

Day 2 post op

It's going really well so far! The day I left the hospital was by far the worst. I was really nauseous and light headed the first time I stood up. After that all was well. I catch myself walking around too much at this point. I feel fine until I sit down and it takes like 30 minutes for my incisions not to hurt. The drains are really annoying and the leak a lot. I can't wait for the swelling to go down, right now it looks the same but I know it will get better! Anyway, thanks for all the support and I'll keep you guys updated!

1 week post op

This has been so much easier than you think it will be. After researching it seems that people only post bad experiences so I went in expecting the worst. My first day home I was standing upright, I was starving, and I couldn't feel a thing. Everything was numb and with the pills they give you it was super easy to manage the discomfort. The worst part is just getting comfortable, the incisions seem tight and its hard to lay down. Oh and the drains are annoying but it's been really easy. I have another week of vacation until I have to go back to work but I honestly feel like I could go back tomorrow. I'm still really swollen so my results are not what I want them to be yet, but it still looks so much better than before!

2 weeks post op!

Got my drains out today!!! Well, drain... I accidentally ripped out my other one jumping into the car. It didn't hurt, but it did make me swell more. If you have never had a drain removed, it doesn't hurt at all. It does feel really weird though! I felt like I was on the mummy and scarabs were crawling under my skin.

Anyway, I digress. Everything is going really well and I can't wait to run again. I've done nothing but lay around and eat for two weeks and I'm so afraid I'm going to get fat again. I feel like I can run a marathon but she told me today that my incisions are only 10% healed and doing too much can rip them open. So i guess I'll take it easy a little while longer.

Four more weeks until I can go to the gym, I'll just keep telling myself that! Hopefully the swelling and irritation from this stomach wrap will go away by then too!

7 weeks post op

Just wanted to check in, I've had three appointments and all have gone well. She tell me there is still a lot of swelling but I've started back at the gym and love my new body. It's amazing being able to go to the pool or beach and not feel embarassed the whole time. 100% worth the money!
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

She's awesome so far! Very helpful and patient with me and my wife.