24 Years Old, Breast Lift Without Implants. Sarasota, FL

Throughout my late teens/early twenties I never...

Throughout my late teens/early twenties I never had any issues with size (I'm around a 36B/34D), but I had never been comfortable with the shape of my breasts - they were droopy, flat, and my areolas were way larger than "normal." I struggled to find suitable bras/swimwear and even my best efforts left my breasts feeling squished and squeezed into place. In my 20's I began to avoid wearing low-cut tops or dresses because I didn't want anyone to notice any odd cleavage. Still, I never thought of myself as someone who would actually get plastic surgery and I had accepted that this would just be an issue I'd deal with for the rest of my life. Meanwhile I knew the toll it was taking on my self-confidence and body image - even if nobody else noticed it, too.
After about 1-2 years of researching and exploring my options I finally felt confident and ready to pursue a change. I struggled with the idea of getting a breast lift because I felt like that procedure was something only older women had done, age being the main factor for change. I was embarrassed talking about it and initially I only felt comfortable sharing my ideas by calling the procedure a "breast reduction" - that feeling slightly more conventional for someone my age. Many of my close friends were very skeptical of my decision and generally opposed it altogether. I knew they couldn't fully understand my personal struggle because they hadn't seen my bare unsupported chest. I decided to move forward with the surgery anyways. I reviewed physicians in multiple cities, and ultimately chose a surgeon based on location, reviews, and recommendations from women in my mom's circle of friends.
I'm now almost 2 months post-op from a bilateral mastopexy, and I am beyond happy with my results. While outwardly subtle (my surgeon ensured my breasts would maintain their original size by using an auto-augmentation approach), the actual physical change from before and after surgery is remarkable. My new breasts are rounder and perkier, and the nipples are lifted and more appropriately sized. The best part of this entire process is that I finally feel relaxed and comfortable in my own skin. I am thrilled with my decision to undergo a breast lift at 24, and I encourage anybody facing similar issues to advocate for themselves and their own well-being!
Sarasota Physician

Dr. Derby is fantastic! I'm very pleased with my decision to undergo this procedure under his care. Throughout this process Dr. Derby has always made me feel comfortable and cared for. At the initial consult, he provided a thorough explanation of the procedure and even personalized my potential plan of care using pictures & computer imaging - an impressive start to our first meeting. He was honest with what I could expect after the surgery and together we established our expectations and goals. He's kind, engaging, and always made me laugh - making it that much easier to undergo my first major surgery. It's clear Dr. Derby cares about his patients and their well-being. I am beyond happy with my results and would highly recommend Dr. Derby and his staff.