My Hair Transplant Experience - Dominican Republic, DO

I’ve been losing hair since I was 17 years o...

I’ve been losing hair since I was 17 years old----at first it was normal but then started getting more serious. I knew I wanted to keep my hair though. I heard of Dr. Alba Reyes since forever. I’m Dominican as well. So when you talk about HT in D.R. she is the first name that comes to your mind. Living in DR, I could not afford a HT. Now leaving in the U.S. a HT overseas seems very affordable to what they offer here.
About six months ago, I decided that I will get a HT and obviously, I blindly contact Dr. Reyes offices to talk about costs and information. An email was sent to me with info about what they do, cost and so on. I also, talked to lady name Vanessa over the phone who is the contact for international patients. I explained to her what I wanted to do and I asked for appointment (skype or so) with Dr. Reyes. She told me I just needed to send photos and they will do the evaluation. She asked which technique (FUE or FUT) I was looking for. I told her whichever will give me better results. I was a bit concern about the fact that I was never got a consultation with the doctor herself. Vanessa told me they evaluated the pictures and that I was good candidate.
I scheduled my HT and flew back home. I did all pre-op instructions. I was very excited the day of the surgery. I got the office about 8.30am----I met Vanessa in person. Blood test was taken and money was collected. She also told me they do PRP treatment and that was $400 more. They also sold me a neck pillow and bandana (way over priced btw). I finally met Dr. Reyes and I thought she was beautiful and very nice person. My first disappointment came when she drew my new hairline. I was expecting way more than that because they didn’t explain to me that I will need another surgery to get the results I was expecting. I thought my case was not that bad that one surgery will do it. She told me it was better to have more density where I had low density and not bringing the hairline way down.
A photographer came in and took my pictures. Later, the anesthesiology came into the room and game couple of pills. Then she took me to another room where the surgery will take place. That was the last thing I remember. Somebody woke up and I thought we were gonna start my surgery. She told me “we are done!” Time flew and I didn’t feel any pain. I had my bandana around my head! They offered me a sandwich for lunch and they told me my sister arrived to pick me up. We set up an appointment for next day to wash my hair, post instructions and so on.
Three days after, I returned to the U.S. and followed all the post-Op instructions. Today it’s just been a month since the surgery. I don’t know if I’m happy with my HT or not I guess just time will tell and I will keep you all posted about it. Although still not happy with my hairline, I just hope to get more density and good results from my first FUT. I’m also thinking about getting a new HT next year in Turkey to bring the hairline to where I want it.
Things I didn’t like about Dr. Alba Reyes clinic:
1. Never having a consultation with the doctor before paying and setting up the surgery. (I just talked to the assistant). I advise everyone to do that!
2. We didn’t discuss what to expect for my first HT before making the commitment. This is very important so you don’t get your expectation so high especially when you may require more than one procedure.
3. After I came back to the U.S. the assistant never answer my calls, emails or whatapps. I was losing a lot of hair on my back of my head and I was going crazy. They never gave me an answer about it. After I googled it I found out that it was shock loss and that was normal after a HT. The hair is slowly coming back to that area now. That was actually how I found
4. I was never told how many grafts were extracted after surgery and how many grafts I will need in the future to get the results I want.
I regret so much that I didn’t about this website before doing my HT. Turkey is still more affordable that D.R. and it looks like they can do more in one session. So they will be on the top of my list for my next surgery. I promise I will keep you all updated about my progress!!!
Dominican Republic Hair Restoration Surgeon

As a person, Dra. Reyes was wonderful. However I don't know if I'm quite happy with her team. They didn't answer my calls/texts/whatsapp after I came back to the U.S. It made me feel like once they got my money, they didn't care about me anymore. This review reflects her team performance as well--- that's why I didn't give her more stars. I'll update this after I review the surgery results.