Arm Lift, Tummy Tuck, BBL with Dr. Robles in Dominican Republic

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm hopefully scheduled to have an arm lift,...

I'm hopefully scheduled to have an arm lift, extended TT, and BBL on December 14th. I say hopefully because there have been a few hiccups in communication with Dr. Robles' staff. I'm hopeful it's just they are very busy trying to answer as quickly as possible, missing details here and there since there are several different chains of email to follow. Otherwise, they usually answer within 24 hours and seem very friendly. My flight leaves the 12th, so I haven't much time to finish getting everything in order on my end before I leave. But I promised myself, after 2 years of obsessing over this site, I would write a review. So this is it! :-)

I love the results I've seen from Dr Robles and can't wait to become a Robles Barbie! I'm having all 3 procedures done at the same time because of my work schedule. I know it's a lot at one time, but I don't have any other option. I have a very physical job and I'm going to have to take off 6 weeks for Recovery because I do a lot of heavy lifting. There's no way I will be able to take off that much again for several more years.

I am turning 33 in a few days and have no children. I have been obese for most of my life and I was on a life long diet it seemed. I've lost and gained 85-100 pounds probably half a dozen times. Needless to say, my skin is very loose. April, 2015 I had the gastric sleeve done and have NEVER regretted it. I'm 5'7, weigh 170lbs and wear a size 8. I'm very comfortable in my size, but not my shape.

My arms are the most important thing to me. Everyone has that one spot they can't get rid of, mine is my arms. I've hated them since i was a teenager. I have to wear larger jackets because they won't fit my arms. I've even had them lipo'd, they are just huge. The TT I decided to go ahead and do because I figured I might as well strive for the total package if I'm gonna do this right.

SIDE NOTE: In 2008 I went to this "famous" plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and had an anchor lift with implants along with full body lipo. The lipo did wonders in some areas, but others were left a little worse for the wear. ESPECIALLY when I put the weight back on. Now one of my butt cheeks is flatter than the other, my stomach is lumpy, my left arm is just saggy skin and my breasts are both 100cc's bigger then what I told the surgeon I wanted. Also, one implant has moved cause the pocket is too big. I'm praying that all goes well with my upcoming procedures and I can have my breasts re-done with Dr Robles at another date. This time I did my research! I went with a surgeon with great reviews and results.

Gathering supplies

I've spent the past couple of weeks collecting everything I'm going to need for the trip. I will wait to list most of them until after I have gone through with the procedure so I'll know what I did and didn't need to pack. That way I can give a more accurate list of what one needs while there. The one thing I will say that I have purchased that I'm hoping was the right thing to do was the Dr. Miami booty Buddy pillow. That sucker was almost $120 including shipping. Hope it works! I'll want it for my 12 hour trip home, which includes 3 plane changes. (Very nervous about that length of time). I have also started taking blood builders. It has all of the vitamins and supplements the nurse said to start taking in one pill. My hemo was 14.1 when I had it checked last month, but I figured, better safe than sorry.

Blood builder

On my way!

I'm on my third and final flight to Santo Domingo. I can't believe in a few hours I'll be there. It's been a crazy emotional Rollercoaster the past week, but I made it through. So stressful trying to be ready and prepared, both for the trip and the return home. I'm so excited and so nervous all at the same time.

Got all the details worked out

I made it to the D R without a hitch! Smiling, a.ka. Jeremy, was there waiting to pick me up at the airport. He took me straight to the hospital to run Labs ($110, but it is deducted from initial quote), then to the clinic. After 3 hours waiting there, I was informed my hemoglobin was good but Dra. Robles couldn't see me till morning. I was then taken to the VIP recovery house. I really like it thus far. Everyone seems nice, it's clean and the food has been amazing!

Next morning the Doc office said they wanted me there at 10a.m. They came for me around 12:30. I met with the cardiologist, her assistants, paid for the procedure and took photos. I went ahead and purchased the insurance for an additional $150 since I have none in the states. They said it covered ER visits for two months so it was worth the piece of mind. I then had to go back to the hospital to have more blood drawn to check my glucose as it was high. Not surprising though since I had been drinking sweet tea all afternoon. (I'm AM from Texas ya'll!) That was another $10 and afterwards Smiling took me back to recovery house. Once there I was informed I needed to pay ANOTHER $300 for I.V. fluids, iron, blood thinners and scar cream. That line on their website and emails that states you will only need to bring $300 extra with you is completely bogus. I haven't even started the oxygen tank treatments yet and I pray I don't need a blood transfusion because that will be extra too. I'd bring AT LEAST $1000 extra with you to be safe. Also, bring your patience. They run in their own time here. It's no big deal if you go with the flow though. Just be prepared and have your phone charger with you.

I'm on flat side, as they say.

Sorry it's been a few days, all I wanted to do was sleep yesterday. I'm not gonna lie, i have been in a lot of pain, I just keep telling myself it'll be worth it. I tried taking photos yesterday and today. I don't have any of my arms yet, but they look amazing! They are so small! I'll try to continue with more detailed updates when my mind is a little clearer. But for now, I will stick with some photos for you.

Feeling more human today

When I woke up from surgery I couldn't move my legs from the epidural. It was an odd experience. Other than that, I felt really good with the hospital meds I was on. After i left the clinic I did an hour in the oxygen chamber before they took me to the recovery house. Dra. Robles said I wouldn't need any others because I had minimal bruising. Day 2 sucked...I was sick from the anesthesia and wasn't given my pain meds on a regular schedule. They also had to put in another I.V. and gave me 3 bags in one night. I think it was a bit much because it caused me to swell up everywhere. Day 3 was better. I went back to the clinic and they removed the drains from my arms. Dr. Tavares said she would send the photos she took, but I still haven't gotten them to share here....Today has been much better as far as mobility and pain are concerned and my appetite is back. However, I woke up with everything soaked because my back drain was clogged. It took all day to finally get it resolved, but at least it's working for now. My main concern is I'm still really swollen. They say I'm dehydrated and want to start ANOTHER I.V. Very frustrating when I know it's only going to cause more swelling.

Last day in the D.R.

I'm ready to go home tomorrow! Lol My legs are still super swollen and now my abdomen has become fairly swollen. My arms and hands are getting better though. I am also having to unclog my drains several times a day. They are driving me crazy! My back is filled with a lot of fluid. They have "squeegeed" it several times to help it drain out. Needless to say, I will be heading back to the states with both front and back drains. :-( Meh!
I have a 14 hour trip tomorrow with three flights so I doubt you'll here from me again for another couple of days. Ta ta tI'll then!

Two weeks out

Hi dolls! I've decided to start doing weekly updates instead of daily now that I'm home. I've been home a week and I'm doing pretty well. Today is the first day I've been able to stand straight up. It's so nice to relieve some of the stress on my back, although, where my back has been lipo'd is still pretty tight. Today is also the first day I have drained less than 50 cc's. I'm excited because if it's the same or less tomorrow I get to remove these damn things...they are driving me insane! Everything seems to be healing nicely. A few days ago my body finally started letting go of the retained fluid it's been holding onto since the surgery. I've been extremely swollen and I peed about 50 times over the course of 3 days. I'm just glad I no longer have kankles and I'm ready for a stage 2 fajas from losing about 3 inches in both my waist and hips. My scars are looking great! So far, I am so happy with my choice to have Dra. Robles as my surgeon.

My next post will be about the supplies I actually needed in the D.R. and details everyone should know before making the trip. I hope to get it done in the next day or two.

Three week update

Still loving my results, especially my arms. Had my first lymphatic massage today. Couldn't get in Any sooner cause of the Hollidays, but I'm glad about that. I think if I had gone sooner I would have been too uncomfortable to be flat on the table. I have a little swelling around my right elbow, as well as my abdomen and lower back. Hopefully they will go down soon. I am finally regaining some stamina. I'm not %100, but I'm at least being productive again. I really like my new Fajate. Hard to explain, but it makes me feel more put together when I'm wearing it. Got it on for $80.

It's been a month!

I took these photos on Wednesday, but I've been so busy I forgot to post. The scars look irritated, but I had just pulled off the tape and my camera picked up the pigment a little darker than they really are. I'm already on the tightest hook of my stage 2 fajas when I could barely get in on two weeks ago. Time for another one! I've notice I have dramatically less swelling after each lymphatic massage. My arms are still swollen just above the elbow causing the scar to look "wrinkled."
Overall, I can't believe how great my results are looking!

6 weeks post op!

Feeling good. I've gone back to most of my usual activities as well as work. My back where I was lipo'd is still tender when I sleep and I have nerve pain from time to time. Also, my butt still hurts and is sensitive when I have to sit or if I lay on it. Other than that i don't have much pain, only discomfort here and there. My lower abdomen seems to be the only spot still caring a lot of access fluid. I'm worried about my TT scar. As the swelling goes down, it's looking like I've got dog Ears at the ends of my scar. Also, I'm not holding on to my bbl. It has dramatically decreased in the past couple of weeks and is continuing to shrink. :-( Still love my arms tho.

I'm back!

I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated lately. My life kinda went to hell in a handbasket these past couple of months. I went back to work and it's been crazy busy... but to top things off, I've had nothing but drama it seems. I've had a couple of deaths in the family and just haven't felt like posting here. I'm very sorry for that. I did however keep up with my pictures. I'm going to post my three month post op and my 4 month post-op photos. I didn't forget about you! I just needed time to get back to some normalcy.

I'm thrilled with my results! Scars are healing nicely. I do still have a slight pucker on either side of my tummy tuck scar. But overall I'm completely happy, it could be worse! The only complication that I am still dealing with is a seroma in the center of my lower belly. I have tried going without my Faja just to give myself a break and it swells up after a day without it and I look pregnant. I've been told it just takes time. The other thing that is a slight nuisance is my butt still hurts if I have to sit on it for more than an hour. I travel for a living so that is quite often for me. My Dr. Miami booty pillow is a God send! I use it all the time and it's holding up fairly well. But I'm proof, it doesn't matter HOW MUCH you are on your butt after a bbl, if the fat is gonna take, it will regardless. It's shape is still great! I had a time where it seemed to be a little lower, but it perked back up. I guess that "fluffing" thing I've read about on other reviews is real. I still have no regrets. I went and bought the first bikini I've had since I was like 8 Years old. I can't even describe how surreal it was to look better in a two-piece than I did in a regular swimsuit. (It's still hard not to get caught up in the fat girl mentality I've had my whole life. So trust I did everything I could to find a one-piece bathing suit! LOL)

I'm going to post my 3 months post op photos with this review, then my 4 month on it's own.

3 months P/O Photos

I really hate this website sometimes! It decided to go ahead and upload while I was still trying to download photos...and as all of you know who've written a review, you can't edit it once it's been posted. So, I'm going to put my three months photos here then followed by the four month. Sorry for the confusion.

4 Month post-op photos

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I had a Tummy tuck, back lipo, bbl and arm lift. My results are AMZAZING! That should be the bottom line when writing a review. I love my body now. In all honesty, I didn't spend much time with Dra. Robles. She seems nice and very professional, but they are very busy. Patience is the most important thing to have while there. As long as you keep in mind you are in a third world country, and expect things to happen on their time and roll with it, you'll have a good experience. Plan to spend AT LEAST $500 more. Something ALWAYS comes up. The hospital and recovery house were clean. Robles' staff, my driver and MOST of the recovery house employees were very nice. I plan to go back for round 2. Dra. Robles is an artist!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful