Scar Treatment for Six Year Lip Lift Surgery - Santa Monica, CA

Dr. Kara is an angel. About six years ago, I went...

Dr. Kara is an angel. About six years ago, I went to a different ( not Dr. Kara ) very famous highly qualified Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who had very impressive before and after photos for lip lifts. He was on The Swan and since I'm just a little duckling, I felt sure that the results would be beautiful. I was wrong. He made the incision under the nose and completely around each alar. There was so much tension on the sutures that it left a quarter inch white pulled scar under my nose, deep indented scars around the alar and webbed scars with deep pits where the sutures were. He gave me a series of cortisone shots and dermabrasion. It helped a little. I thought that the scars would improve as time passed but they didn't. I had about 4 counsults with other Ps who said they couldn't help. Thank goodness for Realself because that's how I found Dr. Kara. He's a sweetheart. He addressed all of the concerns I had with the scarring and explained the treatment in detail, what the cost would be and how long the series of treatments would last. I felt confident with him and asked if he could start the same day. It's the first day of treatment and I CAN SEE IMPROVENT!!! The horrible Freddy Crouger webbed scarring is gone! I feel cute again instead of disfigured. If you have the same problem I do, I would highly suggest you save time and money and go directly to Dr. Kara. I'm so excited, I plan on seeing Dr. Kara for a whole list of other services he provides. I'll post before and after pics soon. I'm happy.

Before laser treatment

More pics before laser

More pics before laser

After second treatment

First treatment was Co2 and Clear & Bright (fractional laser). The second treatment is with Clear & Bright only. Dr. Karamanoukian said that in the future when I'm ready, he can perform a lip lift revision to help with the white scars under my nose. He said that he'll place the incisions up inside the lower nostrils so that the scars inside the nose aren't visible. I trust him enough to do the revision in the future but I have to see when it can fit it into my schedule. I was very happy with the results after the first treatment because it completely eliminated the webbed scarring and pits around the alar crease. The pics as of today still have some scabbing from the last treatment. But I'm so happy with the results that I have no problem going out in public and work. My very observant 20 year old so never noticed the temporary redness or scabs around my nose. I trust Dr Karamanoukian so much, I've scheduled Lipo of the abdomen and Ultherapy.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Thank you Dr. Kara, I'll be seeing you again for my follow up appointments and treatments.