My Results Are Amazing, and So is my Dr - Santa Barbara, CA

I had a breast implant removal, removal of...

I had a breast implant removal, removal of capsular contractures and a formal mastopexy.

My Story: I wanted breast implants in my mid-40's. I had a lot of excess skin and thought that filling up the empty bags, was the way to go. They looked ok for a few years, and then age weight and menopause set in and they got hard (both breast had capsular contractures). It was almost a daily task trying to hide the size of my breasts, as it was even more embarrassing as I got older. It was difficult to perform daily tasks, they were uncomfortable and most importantly, I feel my health was compromised. I had terrible aches, numbness in my hands, unexplained hair loss and fatigue.

My surgery date was August 24, 2016. It was performed by Dr Neal Handel in Santa Barbara. He travels between his home office and his office at 9201 Sunset in West Hollywood.

No implants, YAYYYYYY and less than 3 weeks after surgery. I am so happy!

Went in to see my favorite team at Dr. Handels' LA office. I had some stirches that were poking out removed. Not only am I back at work, there is little to no pain. I'm still taking it easy, and not lifting too much and I cant wait to get back to the gym in 3 weeks... But, last night i slept on my side, and im not strangled anymore by big hard breasts. I love my results and will update as the scarring fades. To anyone who is thinking about doing this, do it! Research your Dr. Research, research. Ask friends. Be proactive. And, if you are in LA or santa Barbara, Dr. Handel is your man.

Explant, Removal Capsular Contracture, Mastopexy

Ah, Sweet relief. I had hard implants. They were unsightly and caused problems. I probably should have gone straight to the mastopexy in the first place - but I didn't want the scarring, so I thought implants were the way to go. I had silicone implants for 8 years.

I am now 3 weeks post op, and I couldn't be happier. Dr. Neal Handel and his staff, Cristina and Nina were amazing. I am very thankful that I was in good hands. I am a nervous person and they really held my hand through the process. Healing. I'm three weeks post op. and i'm back at work and i'd say i'm 99% out of pain. The hardest part for me was healing for two weeks. I would recommend that you lay low for two weeks. I mean really. Surgery is no fun and there is some pain. Scarring. I am using BioCorneum on my scars twice a day. I will update pictures in a month or so. Realistically, I know that it could take a while for the scars to fade. CLOTHING!! Yay. This is for you, women with large implants... your blouses and shirts are finally going to fit! You will be able to sleep on your side without being strangled and you will finally be done with your toxic implants. Large breasts on older women.... well, I was one of those and I really don't like the look at all. I'm happy, free and still healing. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Happy Explanting. :)

Almost 4 weeks

Almost 4 weeks. I've been using BioCorneum for scarring. I've been told that this is the only scar guard that really works.

My left breast is a slight bit larger, but i have good nipple sensation. The right nipple is still numb.
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Handel exceeded my expectations. As far as surgery goes, it was a wonderful experience. Surgery is never easy, but Dr. Handel and his staff, Cristina and Nina made me feel so well taken care of, they really went above and beyond! The surgery center in Santa Barbara was clean, the staff eased my fears. It was a great environment...and I'm thrilled with my results and i'm not done healing yet. Today, I went for my three week check up in his Los Angeles office and I struck up a conversation with two other women in the waiting room, and we all had glowing surgery reports. He's the best.