27 Y.o. Liposuction of Abdomen, Inner Thighs, Flanks/ Muffin Top - Santa Barbara, CA

I've been wanting to so this for years now and...

I've been wanting to so this for years now and finally saved up the money. I am a very active and physically fit individual who works out regularly, but I could never seem to get rid of this inner tube of fat that wrapped around my middle. Just had the procedure a few days ago so I will update as I go. I got a glimpse of the results at my follow-up appointment when the doctor changed my bandages and I'm feeling very optimistic! First couple days of recovery have been painful, but manageable. Can still get up and walk around etc.

Update 3d p.o.

I was able to change the bandages on the incisions and was impressed by how small they are. They're a little itchy, but a 'healing' itchy not infection. Stomach still feels kind of numb, like when a limb goes to sleep. Pain is finally starting to subside a bit. Will post update photos soon.

P.o. d3 progress pics

Pain is now mostly localized to the muffin top area and the area over my lower ribs right under my breasts. Even though there is normal post-op swelling, I'm feeling optimistic about the results! The bruising isn't as bad as it could have been. I started taking arnica and bromelain about 5 days before the procedure and am still taking them. I think they really do help because I'm usually prone to bruising easily and slow healing.

Update

Still a little sore, but totally off Rx pain meds. Bruising is starting to yellow/ fade.

Progress

So my abdomen is already 100x better than it was and I'm very happy. The improvements in the love handle area and inner thigh are a little harder to detect. In fact, my love handle area still feels a little 'squishy', but I'm hoping it's just swelling. My stomach swelling has definitely gone down a bunch and I'm starting to feel little hard bumps under the skin in areas. Thanks to RS i know that this is normal and nothing to be alarmed by :) I've been massaging as much as I can tolerate (still a little bit sore).

My incisions are healing well. The sutures haven't completely absorbed yet and I'm keeping them covered to reduce irritation from the compression garment.

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I feel pretty much back to my old self. I have been easing myself back into light exercise finally. The weird, tingly/ numb sensation has gone away in my abdomen. It's still slightly sensitive in areas, but only slightly. Also, the hard lumpiness is almost entirely gone.
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon