20 Year Old/ Accutane

I am only on my 3rd month of 40mg accutane and so...

I am only on my 3rd month of 40mg accutane and so far it is one of the best experiences i have gone through. I started with acne all over my face, nose, cheeks, chin you name it! It was mostly cystic. If you have any guestions I will be more then happy to answer them! My insurance covers most of it.

make up routine

Facewash: cetaphil!
Lotion: AM cerave
Lips: vaniply ointment
Primer: any bare minerals
Foundation: makeup forever matte finish, ( love, no cakiness)
Finishing powdered: BB powder by physicians formula.

Week 14/ on accutane!

It's been 3 months and 2 weeks! Here are some updated photos from today. What I forgot to mention was "drug store witch hazel", it has been my best friend through this whole process. Everytme I go to sleep, I get a cotton ball and wipe a thin layer all over my face. When I wake up my face feels like a baby's butt! It's also kept the redness down and sped up the healing process. I'll be more then welcome to answer any guestions!

What are you hoping out of accutane?

My number 1 wish out of accutane is to leave my home with no make
Up on! No liquid foundation or any powder will be one of my
Happiest days. What are you hoping for me fellow accutane users??

Month 4!

My face has almost completely cleared but I still have redness. The only thing that has been bothering me are my scars; I thought it was just stubborn acne that were still continuing to heal but my doctor said no. She said it was damaged skin. I heard after the 3rd month everything drastically changes, I hope so because summers here in Santa barbara is gorgeous and I can't wait to feel Beautiful in summer dresses! Here are some photos with and without make up.

Favorite part about accutane!

Other then my skin clearing up, my favorite part about this whole process is not needing to wash my hair for at least 3-4 days! I do what ever I can to it on Monday then by Thursday its ready to be washed. Here are some photos of at least 3 day old hair. What's your favorite part about your medication process other then your skin healing?

Stuck.

I haven't been to happy with my face these past few days.. Although I dont have anymore acne, my scars make my face look even more uneven then before. Maybe I'm just asking for way to much but I just wish I could have even skin. These scars just reminded me of how long
I waited to start the process. If you are on the ledge about accutane just do it now or your scars and damage skin will Show later the longer you wait! The pictures don't do justice of how it looks in person but if you look closely you could see scaring. I'm Still hopeful!

Last month!

My dermatologist told me that this is my last month, I don't need to do 6 months just 5. Although I'm not to happy with the scarring, I'm okay with no more acne. I still have very red skin but that should go away with in a month of being off accutane. Here are some recent photos, The scarring very noticeable in some.

Do whatever you want!

I used to apply make up all day long to hide my blemishes and acne! I thought it was horrible but it is my security blanket. I could actually look people in the eyes when talking to them or it just gave me confidence to step out of my house. I used to run to the bathroom every hour with my purse to reapply powder. I never talk badly about people who wear make up because no matter how that person looks, they're still going to carry them the same way. I know when I have make up on i sway my hips a little harder and laugh a bit louder, but whose telling me I cant? That's the real person trying to come out of me, it's my true personality. Wear your make up to the grocery store, on a hike, to the gym, to drop off your kids at school! If that's when you feel most confident then do it! Here are some before and after pictures of me this morning.
Dr. Patricia A. Stewart

In all honesty. I walk in, she tells me not to look in the mirror for 3 months (which I fine very rude), she writes me a prescription and I leave. Time spent in the exam room, no more then 3 Mins. If you want a doctor to not talk to you and you're there just to get the written prescription she's perf!