Ultherapy - 48 Yr. Old Not Ready for a Facelift - San Ramon, CA

Was looking for something to lift lower face,...

Was looking for something to lift lower face, sagging jowls but not ready to do anything surgical just yet. I had the lower half of my face and neck done (two areas, price-wise) All of the literature and doctors say it has minimal downtime, slight swelling and occasional bruising. I'm 2 days out and am pretty beaten up, can't go to work. I am returning to doctor today to have them run a laser over the bruises, they say it will speed healing. I was not prepared to be in this condition, it definitely put a dent in my plans. Beware, it is not a lunchtime procedure, it is extremely painful and can leave significant marks. It isn't the same outcome for everyone but they do downplay the process. I'm pretty bummed about the way I look right now, will be hiding out for a few days.
I will post update once bruising and swelling fade to see if the results are worth it. The doctor told me it will take 3 months to see anything, the technician said 8-12 months.

Ultherapy - post bruising and swelling update

returned to doctor's office twice to have the V-Beam laser treatment to fade bruises. Not sure if it made any difference at all.

11 days after update

its been about a week and a half, bruising has finally faded. I did find a spot under my chin that appears to be a burn mark, luckily it is hidden but I'm going to have the doctor check it out. Still some swelling in neck and under chin area, very sensitive to the touch. I've been icing it at night.
Can't tell if its the absence of swelling or if things are tightening up. Cheeks look more toned, less sag/wrinkles around the mouth. Twinges of nerve pain throughout the day along jaw, like a sharp poke of a pin.

3 weeks out

It has only been 3 weeks, I still have numbness under my chin and skin is still very sore on neck, feel like a sunburn. I believe i still have some swelling as my double chin looks more pronounced and my neck skin looks horrific, like a turkey! What's up with that?! (see photo) At this point in time, my neck looks much worse than before the procedure, but one can't tell the results until the 3 month mark. Wearing scarves and crossing fingers that things are under construction until then.

follow up 8 months later

The plusses of Ultherapy are that it gave my cheeks and jawline a small lift, my face appears a bit thinner/angular. I started noticing this around 4-6 months after. Under the chin is still a saggy double chin and the neck is exactly the same as before the procedure. As painful as it was and given the reaction I had, its doubtful that I would ever do it again. I didn't bother posting "after" photos because there really isn't a noticeable difference.
I'm sure a lower face or neck lift is a future possibility, better start saving my pennies now!
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

The doctor himself did not perform this procedure, it was an employee whose credentials are unknown.