10 Weeks Post Op

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've been planning a tummy tuck since my oldest...

I've been planning a tummy tuck since my oldest daughter was just a couple months old and I realized that lovely flap of skin I had after my c-section was never, ever going to go away. Two more babies, both over 9 pounds, further cemented the necessity of a tummy tuck if I ever wanted a flat stomach again. Three weeks before delivering the youngest, my waist was 56" around.

Fast forward 13 years, and here I am. I'm 33 years old and 5'6" tall. I hover between 150-155 pounds and wear mostly size 6. While I am happy with my size and don't feel like I HAVE to lose a bunch of weight, the fact that I have to tuck my stomach into my pants just makes me crazy. I live in southern California and I refuse to go to the pool or beach because I am so uncomfortable in my own saggy skin. Exercising is so frustrating because there are never any visible results on my abdomen and as hard as I work to keep my stomach sucked in all the time, I should have a six pack hidden under there!

My surgery is scheduled for two weeks from tomorrow and I've got so much to do to get ready. My fabulous husband has taken two weeks of leave to be at my beck and call and my three kids (13, 11, and 9) are almost out of school for the summer so they can help out, too. I know this is going to be a crazy journey, but I can't wait to take my kids to the beach and actually participate with them. Who knows. Maybe I'll even wear a bikini for the first time in 23 years.

Officially Having a TT "This Month"

I cannot wait to get this show on the road! The next 13 days are going to fly by. So much is going on this week. The husband gets home from an exercise (military), he has LASIK, the kids have their last week of school including lots of activities, I have a couple of tests to take (I'm in school full time)...

Plenty of things to keep me busy and my mind off the upcoming surgery. Although, I have to say I am not nervous at all. I still have some supplies to gather. I've been searching through other reviews trying to get an idea of what I'll need. I've got my prescriptions filled. I don't plan on getting a hospital bed or recliner. I've got approximately 9,000 pillows running around the house, so I imagine I will be okay on that front.

I'm going to have to sit down and explain to my kids what is going on this week. They're 13, 11, and 9. I want to make sure I explain so they don't go blabbing my business at school. I'm also not planning on telling family. We paid cash for my surgery and I always feel like the majority of my family thinks I'm "showing off" when I mention something about money. So we just don't talk about it anymore.

My biggest concern at this point is getting an infection. I'm so paranoid because I contracted a uterine infection when I had my c-section with my oldest. I actually developed it while in labor which was the cause of the c-section. Add to it the fact that the recovery from that infection was miserable because I can't take antibiotics in the cillin family, and I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

I'm not in the least bit worried about my results. My PS's work is brilliant. I don't particularly care if there are still some stretch marks left. I earned them, right? I just want a flat stomach that I don't have to tuck in. I want to wear shirts that don't make me look like I'm still pregnant. I want to be comfortable with my husband with the lights on. I want to go swimming with my kids. A scar and some stretch marks are no big deal after carrying around this gross stomach for 13 years.

Good luck to all of my fellow June TTers! I can't wait to start seeing your updates.

63 Hours!

Wow. Only 63 hours to go until my surgery begins. It doesn't even feel real yet. Tomorrow they're delivering my recliner which is the final item on my to do list. Still no nerves. I'm guessing those won't hit until I'm on the way to the surgery center.

Well, hello there.

Feeling pretty good this morning. I had a rough time getting up to go to the bathroom at 3:30 this morning. I was at the tail end of a pain pill and everything was burning. It also takes like 5 minutes for me to actually pee. It basically just trickles out, lol.

As far as the day of surgery went, everyone was so amazing. My nurses were all so kind and really kept me calm. I didn't really freak out until I started going under. I don't think I'll ever forget that taste in my mouth. Ew.

I woke up in just a little pain and was given something for that. My recovery nurse was so patient with me. I never felt like they were trying to hustle me out.

I slept pretty much the whole car ride home. About an hour or so. Climbed in my recliner, and here I am. Slowly starting to feel better. Yesterday my MR was pretty sore like a hardcore day at the gym.

We will just see how the rest if today goes. No pics because I'm still all trussed up like a thanksgiving turkey.

Smooth Sailing

So far, everything is going well. Surgery was Friday. The nurses and my doctor were all fabulous. The nurses had even made my doc a boobie cake that said, "You're the breast!" For Father's Day.

They got me all hooked up and taken back and I admit I started to panic a wee bit as they were putting me under. But the nurses were great and held my hands and kept me nice and calm.

When I woke up, my recovery nurse was great. She ended up giving me more anti-nausea meds after my husband ratted me out a out getting carsick if I ride in the back seat. She helped me get dressed, then we were off for home. It was about an hour ride home. I got home and into my recliner where I slept for most of Saturday and Sunday minus potty breaks.

Today has been pretty good. I have taken a few laps around the house here and there and managed a bird bath and fresh clothes. No more narcotics since Sunday evening and I have to say the worst part is just being uncomfortable from sitting in the same place.

Post op appointment is Thursday where I will hopefully get to see everything!


Just woke up from a horrible dream where the tummy tuck didn't work at all. There was a Victoria's Secret email in my inbox. I'm taking that as a sign from fate and ordering myself something.

Lipo Pic

The bruising from the liposuction on my flanks.

5 Days Post Op

I woke up this morning feeling great! I feel like I'm finally past all the soreness from the lipo and it has made a huge difference.

I've got big plans for some hair washing in the sink today, ladies. It's going to be so exciting, I tell ya. The highlight of my day, no doubt.

I still haven't removed my binder since the surgery. In my drug induced haze, I thought I remembered my PS telling me to leave everything on until my follow up appointment, which is tomorrow. I have an irrational fear of taking it off and everything just falling out.

I'm also considering asking if I can keep the pain pump fanny pack. It's been around my neck, and let me tell you. I haven't lost my cell phone or glasses once with this bad boy. It's like my own little squirrel pouch to hide stuff in. (Totally joking, by the way, but it has been handy for more than just the meds it delivers, so bonus.)

Still no visit from the #2 fairy, so we've got some MoM in the system. I'm not a very regular pooper as it is, but 5 days is pushing it a little. I can tell something wants to get going, but maybe just needs some assistance.

All in all, I'm in great spirits. As I mentioned, I haven't even seen the results yet, but I don't care! I have no doubts that my PS did an amazing job, so there's only excitement about tomorrow's appointment. My biggest complaint is the right drain. It seems to be in an awful spot in my groin and pulls and pinches at really inopportune times. Both drains are barely draining, though, so maybe I can get him to take the right one out. More soon! Hopefully with photos. :)

8 Days Post Op

Good morning, lovelies! I'm sitting here on the sofa in a completely quiet house, just enjoying my morning. I managed to sleep for a few hours in my bed last night. It's still difficult to get comfortable with the binder and the drains in, so around 2 am, I returned to my trusty recliner.

This morning I'm feeling pretty good. It's been a couple of days of just moving positions a lot and walking around a lot due to being uncomfortable if I stay in one position for too long.

My only venture out into public so far has been to my post op appointment last Thursday. I was going to attempt a quick trip to Walmart yesterday with the husband, but the actual getting ready to leave the house left me too tired. Perhaps today I can make it. If I can find something to wear to hide the drains.

Next post op on the 27th where, if the output stays low enough, both drains will be removed. I'm really looking forward to that.

A Quick Pic

My waist is TINY! Hubs snapped this pic day 4. The bumps on the front are my drains under my shirt. Also? My boobs look HUGE now. Bonus!

10 Days Post Op

Lots to talk about. Yesterday we went to Target and Kohl's to find a compression garment. We were out and about for around an hour and a half. I felt pretty good the whole time and just used shopping buggies to lean on. It was nice to get out of the house.

This morning, I called my PS's office first thing and let them know that my drains were draining pretty low and asked if they could see me before my Thursday appointment. They said to come on in and they'd check it out. So, the drains came out and it feels nice to be free of my "blood boobies" as my kids call them.

On our way home from the PS, we popped in to Walmart and our local farmer's market type store for a couple of things. Again, nice to be out of the house even if it's for mundane things like toilet paper.

This morning when I woke up, I weighed myself. About a week and a half before my surgery, we started eating a (mostly) Paleo diet. At the start of that, I was right at 156 lbs. The morning of my surgery, I went in at 151.6 lbs and this morning I was 143.8 lbs. Y'all, I don't think I've weighed this little since 7th grade.

Everything is progressing smoothly and so far, I'm incredibly happy with my results. I'm obviously swollen, but I don't have to move my belly so my godson can sit in my lap. There's no puddle of fat when I lay down on my side. I don't have to tuck my belly into my pants. And on and on. I'm so glad I did this for myself, even though I felt so selfish asking my husband to spend that much money on something so "vain". But truly, he's going to be reaping just as many benefits from this as I am, no doubt. ;)

Photos forthcoming. :)

10 Days Post Op

13 Days Post Op

Man, last night was rough. I'm pretty sure it was my own fault, though. I went with the husband to Sears so he could buy a new tool chest. He's been so wonderful the past two weeks and I also want my garage clean. ;) It was good to get out, but I think I overdid it and couldn't sleep very well last night. And I am still a little swollen this morning.

Other than that, I'm doing great. I notice this morning my muscles are feeling not as over-tight which is really nice. Today is going to be a laid back day. My next post op is Wednesday. Hopefully the tape comes off and I can see the actual incision. I've got a tiny amount of puckering on the right side that I'm pretty sure is just from the tape, but I'd like to know for sure.

3 Weeks and 1 Day

I got the tape covering my incision removed on Wednesday. Seems all that itching that I thought was just my incision healing was actually a slight reaction to the tape. Awesome. My incision has a part right in the front that looks pretty gross, but it hasn't opened up, so that's good.

I'm feeling great. Yesterday I spent some time running errands and walking around the mall with the husband (who has been amazing, by the way). I'm walking almost fully upright again. I can sleep on my side for a little while.

I've got a few photos to share. Still a little swollen from yesterday even though this is first thing in the morning.

25 Days Post Op

The last three days have been really great. Sleeping on my side at night is much less weird. No more feeling like my insides are shifting. I'm also standing up about 95% straight. I'm trying not to overdo it since I have that strange scab right in the center of my incision. I don't want to pull it.

I woke up this morning without a ton of swelling. Yesterday I was crazy swollen. I've got a side by side comparison that I'll add.

Today I'm taking the kids to run a couple of errands with me and then maybe we will stop for some kind of treat. I feel a little bad that their summer isn't full of activities and now we are facing my husband going on a surprise deployment very soon, but it is what it is and there never would have been the "perfect" time to have the surgery. And at least this way when the husband comes home, I'll be completely healed and ready to get back to our usual active lifestyle.

5.5 Weeks Post Op

What a week. I haven't posted much because I've been so discouraged with my healing. This spot on the center of my incision is taking forever. Until last night, it looked to me like it hadn't changed at all for approximately 3 weeks. What happened last night, you ask? Well, it seems I'm spitting dissolvable staples. Now a small portion of my scab has peeled away to reveal some open wound. I can only hope that, because that staple is no longer in there, things will start healing faster.

Other than the slow healing, I'm beyond thrilled with my results. I've noticed I'm swelling slightly less throughout the day and when I wake up in the mornings I'm quite a bit flatter than I have been. I still feel like my lower left side stays a little more swollen, but it does seem to be getting better.

I had hoped to be more healed by the time my husband leaves for his deployment next month, but I'm guessing that isn't going to happen. I'll just have to take comfort in the fact that by the time he gets back, I'll be smokin' hot.

I'll post some photos from this morning momentarily. If anyone else had an open wound, how long did it take yours to close up?

5.5 Weeks Post Op Photos

The Staples

What a Difference 4 Days Makes

Just a quick comparison photo. My opening 4 days ago and this morning after my shower. Looking slightly smaller to me!

8 Weeks Post Op

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Last weekend (7 weeks post op) we drove seven hours in the car to San Francisco to visit family for the weekend. I don't know if it was the time in the car, or just the magic that is 7 weeks post op, but I was so swollen the entire trip. I felt great, though and we had a nice visit. We even hit up Pier 39 for some sourdough and clam chowder. Yum!

I had an appointment on Wednesday with Dr. P about my hole. He cleaned it out really well and I'm to just keep on keeping on. It's getting smaller slowly but surely. The entire scab has fallen off and the hole is draining some, but it's nothing too crazy.

I had to fly home to Oklahoma yesterday last minute. The plane ride didn't bother me near as much as the car ride last weekend and swelling is what I would consider my "normal" amount.

All in all, I'm still thrilled with my results so far. My scar has lowered quite a bit and I have tried on the obligatory bikini and am pleased with the coverage. I never thought my stomach would see the light of day again, but it just might!

Pictures momentarily!

Forgot the Photos!

Hole Update

10 Weeks Post Op

Well, tomorrow is 10 weeks. I had to go back and count! I'm feeling much more like my old self. I don't think about moving carefully as often anymore. I'm pretty much back to normal.

I do still swell. I stopped wearing all compression a few days ago and for the first two days I was incredibly swollen. It seems to have settled back down now.

I can finally fit back in my jeans comfortably. In my before photos, I was wearing my size 8s. In the after photo I'm going to post, I'm wearing the exact same jeans in a 6. I was able to squeeze in to 4s, but it wasn't very comfortable.

Hole Watch 2013 is about to come to a close. I expect it to be gone within the next few days. Now that it's getting down to the end, it seems to be closing quickly. All in all, I am beyond thrilled with my results and can't wait to go fall clothes shopping. Now if only this 100° weather would go away...

13 Weeks Post Op

Quick update with a few pics. My hole hasn't quite closed up yet. It stalled out for about a week. Seems there was a stitch that wanted to come out first. It's barely the size of a pinhole now, so I expect full closure soon. After that, I'll start using some sort of scar treatment.

I still swell at the end of the day. More so if I wear jeans, but at least it's back to my pre-surgery ones. In fact, I could go down a size if the swelling weren't as uncomfortable by the end of the day.

Other than that, I'm trudging along. Sent my husband off on another deployment. I am starting crossfit next week, so when he gets back I hope to be stronger and even more confident with my new self.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

So far I've enjoyed my experience with Dr. Pousti. He has always taken the time to answer any questions I had. His office staff is always kind and friendly. I'm not nervous about my procedure at all and can't wait to have it done and let the healing commence! Finally post op, and I just love, love, love Dr. Pousti. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful