Surgeon Botched Up Scar Revision. San Diego, CA

I had a small, 3 month old scar on my cheek after...

I had a small, 3 month old scar on my cheek after cyst excision. I wasn't happy with the scar as it was slightly depressed, and I was eager to get it corrected.

I contacted different surgeons who told me to wait a year to have a revision. This doctor Hilinski however, said he was a Scar Revision Specialist and told me it was okay to correct the scar right away.

I live in Europe and flew all the way to the US (because I know reconstructive surgery is better in the US) to dr. Hilinski.
He did a bad job. This was a very straightforward operation: making a linear ellipse incision, cutting out a small scar. There is a precise algorithm to do this and avoid complications like the one I have now: dog ears or excess tissue at both ends of the scar. They appear when the doctor does not make the right shape of ellipse.

I told dr. Hilinski this, and now he insists I should wait a year to see the final result of my scar. Thus, dr. Hilinski contradicts himself. I have concluded that this doctor was only after my money, and took advantage of the sad feelings I had about my previous scar.

I will now have to have another procedure done with another doctor to correct the dog ears.

Think about it: if a doctor can't ever get an excision with stitches right, do you trust him with your eyes, nose, cheek or lips?
This doctor is clearly not the great medical professional he says he is.
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I live in Europe, so I contacted this person by e-mail and Skype. He wasn't warm, but he was polite. When I actually came to his office in San Diego, he would only give me 5 minutes of his time and he was cold and distant. He also made a couple of grammatical and language mistakes. (I am not even a native English speaker and I noticed this). The job he did on my scar was bad, especially for such an easy procedure.