Rhinoplasty & Revision Rhinoplasty Dec 2011 & Jan 2013 - San Diego, CA

My other review got way too longwinded, and it...

My other review got way too longwinded, and it wouldn't let me update it anymore, so I will try to sum up everything here briefly! (Yeah right! =P )

Regarding the procedure, Had the initial Septo/Rhino in Dec 2011. It was apparent that the nostril arches were very uneven from early on. After about 4-6 months post-op, he began dropping hints that a revision may be necessary.

Jan 2013, revision sought to correct the orig procedure by doing another ear graft and this time, I was awake for the minor revision. Not pleasant...but the worst part was the cotterization of the ear. Anyway, the revision didn't go as planned either. The nostril arch that was way higher was now way lower and flat. Ughhh.

He had me use a large q-tip on a stick to try and tug on one of the nostils to stretch it out for a few weeks multiple times a day. He then began a series of about 4-5 silicone injections which were extremely painful to try and even out the arches. Once he started hinting about a 2nd revision (3rd surgery) I decided I'd had enough and decided to stop seeing him. It was looking good enough to me. And good thing I'm a dude because we're not supposed to look perfect. Imperfections make us look "rugged." Lol.

Ok, so there you have it. It was worth it, but maybe because it is all in the rear view mirror at this point. The anxiety over the procedures, the unknown costs, the long wait to see results, and the agony over the imperfections and those shots to the nose (ouch, like seriously surprised me!) make it hard to stomach on the front end of things. Luckily, I was only dealing with one scenario at a time. Had I known up front I was going to have to endure some of the things I did and for the time period I did, I might have said no. But I am pleased enough with the results.

Insurance covered much of the cost due to the septoplasty. $2300 out of pocket. Not bad huh?

Ok, feel free to ask any questions. I tried to keep this brief, but I'm sure I can conjure up some details. =)
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Decent bedside manner, pre-op visits were brief, and office was very nice. I wish he would budget a few more mins during consults for questions...or that staff would remind you to make a list of things to ask on the reminder call as it is easy to forget when put on the spot. Due to the fact that this doc did the initial procedure, then a revision, then took measures to correct the revision (stretching with q-tip & silicone injections) then hinted at a 2nd revision (3rd surgery), I'm not confident to recommend him for guaranteed good results the first time, but I'm sure it is possible. Maybe my surgery was complicated?? Overall, I like what it looks like now vs. before, so I can't complain. And for the price I paid, I'm quite content.