Hughes Flap of 25 Year Old Female

After having a Mohs procedure to remove a very...

After having a Mohs procedure to remove a very aggressive basal cell cancer in my eyelid, I was scheduled to undergo an extensive reconstructive eyelid surgery that required my eye to be sewn shut for a month (Hughes flap) . As a graduate student applying to medical school, it was stressful to set aside the time to take care of this medical issue and scary to be having such a complex procedure so unexpectedly. However, Dr. Pacella was prepared and explained very clearly what my procedure and recovery would entail. It went very smoothly and I was 110% confident in the care that I was receiving. I was able to get back to my school work and applications in no time and I am extremely grateful for the physicians and staff who were a part of making my surgery a success. Cancer free and my eyelid looks great!! For other young females needing this surgery, it can be uncomfortable to think about losing large portions of the eyelash line, but there has not been one person who has noticed this change in my face. Dr. Pacella does it right. My symmetry and eyelid structure are as good as new!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pacella is hands down the #1 plastic surgeon in San Diego! Having to undergo an unexpected reconstructive surgery on my face was very scary, but I knew I was in the best hands when I met Dr. Pacella. Honest, diligent, and kind. I truly appreciated Sal's compassion and confidence during a stressful time!