52 Years Wanting Less Wrinkles and Lip Rejuvenation - San Diego, CA

Hi. I finally went to the well reviewed Dr. Groff...

Hi. I finally went to the well reviewed Dr. Groff in San Diego who will be performing a UPC02 Full Face Laser with an erbium pass around my mouth, lips, and eyes. As far as I have seen his before and afters show the best result. One of my goals is to get a lift to my lip as my lips have sagged due to the aging process and a prior rhinoplasty. Excited and will post pictures along the way.

A Few More Before Pics

Just a few more before pictures in different lighting.

After C02 Surgery

Finally getting a chance to post pictures. The day of the procedure I was given a shot of Demoral, Valium and an IV for mild sedation. I don't remember much. Only when I was awakened afterwards to get ready to go home. Everyone was very nice and the nurse insisted on taking me to my car with a wheel chair. She was smart because I was pretty wobbly. Back at the hotel I started my post op care. Vinegar soaks every two hours with aquafor to follow. I will be doing this for the next 4-5 days along with my antivirals and antibiotics. Had a follow up this morning and Dr. Groff says everything looks great.

Day 2 Post op

It has been almost 48 hours now and I believe my swelling has peaked. No pain really just very dry eyes as my doctor lasered to the tip of my upper and lower eyelids. Tear drops are a must! He also lasered the red part of my lips and my ear lobes and tragus. I'm so happy about that because they were wrinkled too! Now is the challenge to stay indoors for at least 4 more days. I'm already bored! I'm not one to sit still but I will try to be patient. Will post again tomorrow. Happy 4rth everyone!

Day 3

Day 3

Day 4

I feel like my swelling is completely gone. At this point it is all about peeling. My doctor seems to want me to keep that old skin there as long as possible and not to rub or peel it off. Maybe it is a protective layer for my new skin as it forms. I wanted to return to work tomorrow but I think I better wait another day or two. I don't want to scare my patients away!

Day 5

Thank goodness 5 days have passed. You can see the pictures. I am peeling verrrry slowly and wish things would happen a little quicker but am trying to follow my doctor's advice. No picking, rubbing or peeling. Ugh! This part is testing me :( Luckily I was able to use some sick time to take several more days off until I am presentable. Hope this is helping someone.

Day 6

Yeah Day 6 ! I will be heading back to work tomorrow! Thank goodness! I love my job and miss being there. I treat cancer patients with radiation so I hope I don't scare them! My peeling has continued but still not quite finished. Its hard to see the final result but I can tell the skin around my eyes are very smooth. This procedure has a lengthy recovery so be prepared however I believe the result will be worth it!

Day 8

Coming along. Bruising around the eyes gradually going away. Still using aquafor so no make up yet! Thinking about a lip lift as soon as this is paid off. Can't stand my side profile :(

Day 10

Day 10! I am really happy with the results! Tho most improvement is around and under my eyes. I had crepey skin under my eyes and now they are so smooth. I still have a little bruising that is going away and if you look close I have a few spider veins which were there before the procedure. Dr. Groff wanted to address those with a different laser but I wanted to keep my cost down. His office has over 40 Lasers to address different concerns! I am also still red but was told that may take several weeks to a couple months to resolve. All in all I am very happy! Can't wait to show you a picture with makeup and a smile. I notice I'm not smiling in any of my pics :(

Day 11 with a little Makeup!

Finally feeling like I can put a little bit of makeup on. Bruising is just about gone but still dry and flaky in some areas especially around my mouth. Overall pretty happy with the results. My next and hopefully final cosmetic adventure will be a lip lift. Happy Sunday to all!

6 Month Update!

I have seen requests for an updated photo so I will post a recent picture. I am very happy with the results!
San Diego Dermatologist

Very informative, down to earth, tactful and professional. Spent time with all of my questions and great follow up!