20 Yrs Old, 400 Cc Silicone Peri-areolar, Under the Muscle - San Diego, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

This website has helped me so much throughout my...

This website has helped me so much throughout my whole surgery process, so I figured I'd give back:) I'm currently 5 days post-op, but I'll try to sum up my experience. A little about me:
-20 yrs old
-130 lbs
-Not quite sure my size before since VS is always extra generous. But I was probably a full B.
-Size now- won't know for at least another month

Finding a surgeon:
I know a lot of people who have had their boobs done. So between asking around and doing research online I made a list of 4 surgeons and scheduled consultations. Dr. Batra was the second consultation I went to. Getting an appointment was super easy, they had one available the next week and didn't require my card info in order to book the appointment. Although I did have to wait a bit before being called back once at the appointment, this consultation was the first one I had where I actually consulted with the Dr. on implant size rather than just trying all the sizes on and choosing based on my opinion with random staff member. Dr. Batra took measurements and suggested 350-400 cc hp silicone. After he left a girl came in and helped me try on different sizes, profiles, and types of implants. I went with 400 cc hp silicone. She then went over pricing with me and there happened to be a special discount for May which, but that meant I had to book it within the month to receive that discount. After leaving and thinking about it for about a week I canceled all my other consultations and booked my surgery with Dr. Batra. You could tell he really had experience and I trusted his work, and the discount also helped being a college student and all ;)

The pre-op consultation came up sooner than I expected. There was a bit of waiting before being called back again but the appointment itself was pretty quick in easy. Dr. Batra came back and went over the surgery, making sure I understood everything he was doing and answering any questions I had. I wasn't sure whether I wanted the incision peri-areolar or inframammary so he drew where they would be and told me the pros/cons of each but said I didn't need to decide until surgery day. He then left and the same girl from before came back and helped me try on different implant sizes to make my final decision/ get a second opinion because I brought my mom along this time. Me & my mom liked the look of the 375 hp's this time, so we went with the 400's since you loose some cc's under the muscle. The also gave me all my prescriptions here and explained when/ how to take everything and gave me instructions for what to do/not to do before surgery like no eating or drinking and not taking certain blood thinners for 2 weeks before. Last thing we did was pay and we were out of there!

Surgery day:
So I wasn't allowed to eat or drink starting midnight the night before. Before I went to bed I took a xanax that they prescribed me to ease the nerves and went to sleep. My surgery was scheduled for 11 so they asked me to get to the surgery center at 9:45. After filling out some paperwork they took my back where I got changed and Dr. Batra came in to draw on me. Before I knew it I was being walked to the surgery room where they put an IV in and were asking me questions and then boom- I woke up in recovery with boobs! The nurse was awesome and was giving me pain meds through my iv because I was uncomfortable. Then she got me dressed and called my mom to come back and I took a Percocet. I would have been able to leave at this point but I get super light headed around blood and needles and that type of thing so of course my blood pressure got super low and I lost color in my face so I had to stay until that went away. At home things were mostly a blur that day. I was obviously in a lot of pain but was taking my percocet every 1 & 1/2 hrs so I just slept a lot and ate smoothies and soup. In order to get up to go to the bathroom my mom had to help me out of bed, get me tp, and pull up my pants sometimes (lol) I wasn't use to this type of movement yet.

Day 2/3:
These days were similar. I just felt super tight in my chest and my back/shoulders/neck hurt from probably having to sleep propped up. I took my pain meds around every 2 hrs on day 2 which still kept the pain away pretty well. Still eating liquids and need help up, but am able to go to pee on my own now which is nice. By the end of the day I was able to get out of bed on my own! Day 3 was still tight. I spaced out the meds even more by this day and had my first taste of real food- a sandwich!

Day 4/5:
Best days so far. By day 5 I'm taking the pain meds every 5 hrs. Day 4 I got out of the house for the first time and went out to lunch, on a drive down the coast, and went to the bookstore since I was getting bored out of my mind watching tv. Day 5 I had my first post-op appointment. They let me back super quickly, which makes sense now as to why I was always waiting before (they were letting the people in pain go back first haha). They took off my bandages and then Dr. Batra came back and took a look. He said everything was looking as they should, obviously swollen, but good. He said I needed to start massaging them to decrease the risk of capsular contracture and also refilled my prescriptions. Next came the painful part, a nurse came back to take out a few of my stitches. One boob was fine but the other hurt so bad because the glue was kinda stuck so there was a lot of pulling. But good news is now I can shower, so I'll be doing that for the first time later! I attached a picture that I took today (on day 5), its the first time I've even taken a look myself since before they were all bandaged up. I am beyond happy at how they look so far!

I'll try to keep this updated as time goes on! But a side note, at the surgery center where obviously many surgeons perform surgery, both the nurses I talked to had their boobs done by Dr. Batra... so I think that says something about his work! :)
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

He is an amazing Dr.! You can clearly see he has so much experience and after meeting with him, I trusted his opinion and advice. He also gives back, which I think is a great quality to have. My surgery went better than expected and even 5 days out and super swollen I am already in love with my results!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
3 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful