24, No Kids, Much Anticipated Breast Augmentation - San Diego, CA

Dr. Pousti, San Diego, CA Starting off as barely...

Dr. Pousti, San Diego, CA

Starting off as barely a B but slightly too big to be an A. Hoping to go big C-small D. Predicting 350-400cc silicone, under muscle, subareolar incision from consult.

Consultation:
Dr. Pousti was ready to answer any and all questions with complete professionalism and seriousness. He always stressed the importance of choosing the right doctor. He primarily does BAs (he said something like 600/year). His office was clean, well organized, and made me comfortable. His staff is amazing, they make you feel excited and so normal about everything you're considering (when other people you tell about it can make you feel the opposite). I tried on different sizers-So fun! Also got to do the Vector imaging and got to see what I could potentially look like after surgery. The BEST part is I got to meet other patients of his that were having follow ups. They were in great spirits, confident in the work he's done on them, and were honest about their experience which was nothing but positive. I scheduled my surgery same day and cancelled my other consults. He was definitely the one!

Pre-op:
I got to meet with one of the nurses. We took before pics and went over the to-dos and not to-dos before/after surgery. I signed paper works and asked questions which were always encouraged to have. I got my prescriptions so i can have them ready and filled ahead of time. I made my "boobie board" which has pics of what I want and don't want. Dr. Pousti has it in the surgery room to reference which I love. He came in at the end of the meeting to answer any questions and to quickly go over what I wanted and what to expect. It was quicker than my first visit but good. I'm expecting a call from the surgery center and from him the day before surgery. You really feel cared for by him and the staff, so excited!!

Surgery day:
12/9...TBC!!

Pictures of my boobie board and wish boobs for surgery

Almost there! Need words of wisdom!

3 more days till the big day! People keep asking me if I'm nervous. I'm mostly excited but they're making me nervous by always asking! Would love some last minute advice and words of wisdom :)

Posting before pics before the big day..

Surgery in an hour!

Just got gowned up with an IV in. Definitely a little nervous. Just looking forward to having it done and over with. Know I won't regret it. Surgery center is nice with friendly staff. Waiting on the anesthesiologist to talk with me then to see Dr. Pousti before any meds are given to me to go over final things and get drawn on. Can't wait to be on the other side! Posting before pics..

Before

Before

Before..

Not even 24hrs later

So surgery went smoothly. Dr.Pousti held my hand as I went under. I gave him more pics that morning but didn't see the boobie board I made for the surgery in the room but I know he knew what I wanted regardless. Originally we talked about around 350-400cc but ended up getting 302 and 325 (might be off by a few cc?) because of my frame and tight skin. Totally trust the decision. They already look like they're going to be a good size under my surgical bra and jacket.

Told the anesthesiologist I get sick with anesthesia so she put anti nausea in my IV as well. The nurse in recovery also gave me zofran for nausea. Unfortunately that didn't work too well as once I got home I threw up the only bit of water I drank after surgery. I was nauseous after I tried eating dinner as well but managed to keep the little I ate down. Only ate 3/4 a piece of bread and a couple bites of souP yesterday bc I kept feeling sick after. To be completely honest I was miserable. Being in pain and nauseous made me emotional and just over it.

My boyfriend woke me in in the middle of the night a few times to give me water and food and my meds. He's amazing and has done so much to make sure I have everything I need and that I'm okay. Woke up a few times to him leaning over me making sure I'm breathing normally. I'm waking in day 2 feeling a bit better. Definitely hurts to move but laying down I feel pretty normal just some pressure. Switching over to Tylenol because the Percocet makes me so sick. Rough first day but optimistic about the rest! :)
San Diego Plastic Surgeon