21, Rhinoplasty with Doctor G in Glendale May 16th 2016

I have been researching doctors online for two...

I have been researching doctors online for two years and just this year I have finally started to meet doctors and plan on getting my rhinoplasty this summer 2016. I am from San Diego but go to college in LA. I have seen Doctor kolstad in la jolla, and Doctor Yoo in rancho Bernardo. I have a consult set up with Doctor gregoriyants in LA in March and doctor Hilinski in San Diego in February. I liked both doctors I saw so far, but the simulated pictures they made for me are very different and I can't decide who's I like better and which Doctor I trust more to give me the desired result. I want to deproject the nose, lower the bridge, and refine the tip. I feel like that's not too much to ask but when I spoke with Doctor kolstad he said that what I wanted was "pushing the amount of reduction that rhinoplasty can offer". This kind of scares me. But I don't know if he was just being honest that what I want is too outrageous to ask for, or if he's just not the Doctor to perform what I want. If anyone could look at these before and after simulations and tell me which one you think is more flattering or realistic that would be great. Also if anyone has any information or Advice about any of these doctors that would be a huge help. Thank you!

Rhinoplasty with Dr. G scheduled (August 16th)

So I was trying to find a doctor in San Diego, because it would be closer to my parents who could help me with recovery, but I live in LA and I just couldn't resist Dr. G. His before and afters and everyone's reviews have made me decide on him! I had an online consultation a while ago and I still haven't even had my in person (it's March 5th). But I had to make the deposit because he was getting more and more booked and I was hoping for surgery by May :( but looks like that's not happening. Hopefully there will be a cancellation. Does anyone have any tips about getting the first cancellation? I call once a week to see if anything has opened up and I think I am just anoying them at this point haha.

Surgery scheduled with Dr G

So I decided to go with Doctor grigoriyants in Glendale because he is amazing and all of your reviews and his before and after photos have made me decide on him. I have my surgery scheduled for August 16th, 2016 but I want to do it in May or June so hopefully there will be a cancelation. My nose is long, pointy, and bulbous at the same time. It's over projected and I pretty much have hated it since I was 10. It's the only thing I see when I look in the mirror or take a picture. So I am hoping Dr. G can give me a smaller, more feminine nose. Less projected, more refined, and shorter. I don't want a "done" look so I want a nose that still is natural to my thin, small face and features (Besides my large nose lol). Here are photos and I will keep updated my in person consult is with him March 5th!

Surgery with Dr. Grigoriyants 10 days!

My surgery is in 10 days. I have had a stuffy nose for the past 3 days and I am scared I will be sick for my surgery. Your not supposed to take supplements before surgery but I feel like they would help me get better faster. Has anyone had this happen before? Will he still do surgery if my nose is stuffy? I have been waiting for a year for this and Do not want to reschedule. :(

Surgery tomorrow!

Okay so my surgery is tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital at 11 and then she said I should plan on being there five hours ?!?.. And I can't eat for 8 hours before so I'm currently stuffing my face. Anyways, I was wondering what foods are the best to eat after surgery (low sodium, healthy, easy to chew) if anyone has any advice? Can you drink coffee? I don't know if I can survive without it lol. I will update tomorrow after it happens! Wish me luck ah

Done! Wow long day

Okay so finished surgery and I'm at home now. So I got there at 11 like they said and they didn't brin me back until 2 and I didn't get surgery until 3 ! Pretty annoying I was starving. I had yogurt and blueberries and water but that's it. My nose seems still projected and the tip seems big still.. Like poking out of the cast. Is this normal? I really stressed a deprojected tip so I hope that's not the case. He was very brief when he saw me. Told me what he was gonna do and did a finger simulation which isn't very helpful. But he was nice and said he would take care of me and he knows what I want. Hopefully this is true. Did anyone else's nose tip kinda like out of the cast?

Day two post op

Is it just me or does my nose look bigger than before?... Longer and the bridge is higher

Day 3 and I'm SOOO SWOLLEN

I woke up and my eyes were swollen shut almost. The bridge of my nose in between my eyes is huge and wide. My eyes aren't as bruised anymore but soo swollen they look sunken into my face. Is there anything to help this swelling? Is this normal for day 3?

Cast off tomorrow!

My cast is off tomorrow but wow I didn't think my nose looked very different until I did this side by side photo comparison. Doctor G really shortened it and turned it up (like I asked) just enough but not too much. So anxious to see it tomorrow ah!

Cast off 5 days post op

So I got my cast off. It didn't hurt except when he pulled one stitch out it really pinched. He knocked and pressed on my nose a bunch which hurt too. Love my profile! It's perfect and pretty like all of his noses. A little upturned but he said it will go down in time to be at the perfect spot... Now the front.. I look like an avatar/chipmunk/pig. He warned me but wow. Without the tape I look scary. My tip is very upturned and bulbous from swelling. My bridge is super wide and swollen. And my upper lip is so swollen that when I smile you can't see my upper teeth and my cheeks are swelled up making it look super chipmunky. I hope the swelling goes down. Also my nostrils seem a little asymmetrical. It doesn't bother me that much but idk if it will go away with swelling or if it will be like that. I just can't wait to see how my nose looks once the majority of swelling is gone. Did anyone else not like there front after cast removal? I'm hopeful that it will get better

Forgot to attach pics oops

My previous review I posted before I chose Doctor...

My previous review I posted before I chose Doctor G. So writing this one. I got my surgery on May 16th and got my cast off yesterday. My nose before was long, pointy, and slanted from breaking it in high school. Dr. g fixed my deviated septum and made my nose shorter more feminine, and smaller overall... Loved my profile immediately and he said tip would drop which is good cuz it's a little piggy. My front however, wow.. I look like an avatar pig. It's so short and wide and upturned. It's so squishy on the bridge up into between my eyes, then hard as a rock on my tip! He said it would all refine and get smaller with healing. I hope so. This front look is freaking me out. How long did it take you guys to refine in the front? And for the tip to drop?

1 week post op.

Okay it's is exactly one week since my surgery with Doctor G and I look terrible! My front view is absurd, and my side view is worse than cast off too because of the swelling. My columella is so hard and has a bump and its swollen and seems like it's connected to my upper lip super weirdly making me look like a pig. My tip is rock hard and pointed up way more than after cast off. And my bridge and everything is so huge . I thought I had a big nose before but wow this takes the cake. Attaching before pics of my nose. It was thin and it was pointy and looked better one my face. I hated it but it looked better than the sausage I have now. So scared this isn't just swelling and it's the actuall shape of my nose. I have read a lot of Dr. g's patient reviews and nobody's nose looked as big as mine from the front.. Kinda freaking out please thoughts or opinions? Did anyone's nose seem this bad at first and turn into something pretty?

10 days post

It's been 10 days and my nose still has slot of swelling and is a little sausage like, BUTTT it has little improvements every morning or the bridge thinning out and the tip refining a little. And I mean a little. But at least I know it's coming along and hopefully in a month or two it will be a lot thinner. You can already tell from day 7 to day 10 there is a difference. Also my scars on my nostrils are slowly fading but still visible. I keep it moist with Vaseline every second of the day so it kinda looks boogery and gross lol. I also have a disgusting smell in my nose that ever my bf says he can smell when he kisses me. Ew.

2 weeks and 2 days post op

It's been two weeks and two days and swelling has gone down a lot. I can see the actual shape of my nose. I really love it. The tip has dropped a lot in the last couple days. my bridge has thinned out but it sometimes swells up at night. It's always less swollen in the morning then more swollen by the end of the day. My tip and columella are still hard as rocks but my smile is back and upper lip is not stiff. My stitches are still inside and sometimes get sore. I love everything about my nose. Doctor G made a nose that truly fits perfectly with my face. The only thing I am worried about is a bump on my columella. When I run my finger down it, it feels really bony like the cartilage is super hard and kind of has a bump more on one side then the other. I don't know if this is from how he connected it or what but it kind of bugs me. My nose still looks really good though and I can't be a perfectionist but I wonder if this will go away with time or always be there. I haven't watched my diet, I still speed walk, and I drank alcohol on day 11 but even with all my bad habits my nose is still great so far.

1 month post op!

Still swollen BUT I already love it so much. It's so much smaller and I'm so happy I chose Doctor G.

Pictures 7 weeks post

I deleted the rest but I will upload this photo for those of you asking. The left is 6 weeks post op and the right is before. As you can see my nose is smaller more feminine slightly sloped and less projected. Exactly what I asked for. My nose is doing good and I am so happy I did the surgery. I can breathe perfectly and I don't feel self conscious anymore which is such a good feeling. The only thing I can complain about it a little bump on my columella which some days is more noticeable than others. But it is minor and I am overall soooo happy. From the front I almost look the same just better version of my old nose. Smaller and less pointy and long.

Pictures 7 weeks post

Picture

Almost 6 months post op doctor G

Sooo.. it's been almost 6 months. I am overall happy with the improvement doctor G made. But I still feel like my nose has issues. I am starting to see a divot on the right side of my nose more and more. The bone of my bridge kind of bulges out and then indents in. It is really noticeable in some lighting, not so much in others. But I always notice it and so does my bf. I emailed him about this two months ago and he said my nose looked great and he didn't know what my complaint was and he didn't see a divot. But now I am posting these photos so u guys can confirm. I am not crazy, there really is a divot, and will it get worse as swelling goes down? Can it be fixed? Have any their doctor g patients had this issue? I like my side view but the front bugs me. Only the divot. Here are photos all taken the same day, just different lighting. You see what I mean?

Side profile I like

So I'm having issues with the from but I love the side compared to my old nose. It's exactly what I wanted. Jut wish the front wasn't indented and crooked bridge :(
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I love Doctor G. It's only been 5 days post op and I still look like a pig but it's still better than my old nose. I am confident in him. He's super nice and super talented. So far I am happy j chose him as my surgeon but I'll see how the results shape up.