Relieved and Content with Voluma

After reading all the reviews and doc Q&As and...

After reading all the reviews and doc Q&As and having 2 derm consults, I made the decision to go for it. Having read all the not-so-great results and side effects had made me a little nervous and the stories of too much voluma also scared me but everyday as I looked at my sudden aging in the mirror, particularly with my more noticeable nasolabial smile lines, I knew I just needed to take a chance. I didn't have smile lines when I wasn't smiling and now they were there all the time. Ugh. Initially, I thought I just needed filler in my smile lines but Dr. Finder gently educated me and explained otherwise. She recommended a conservative approach and I had 1 syringe split b/w my cheeks with the objective of lifting my cheeks due to a bit of volume loss and therefore minimizing my smile lines while still allowing for the natural folds. My face is also asymmetrical so she split the syringe accordingly to add more on the one side that needed it more. I had it done yesterday ahead of the long 4-day holiday weekend (just in case)...and the immediate results were wonderful! No swelling, no bruising, no issues. No one has noticed that I got "done" as the change was perfectly subtle. She emphasized, "give it a few weeks and see if you're happy with the results; you can always do a little more," and that is the exact approach I wanted.
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Great bedside manner, listens, and explains well. Her entire staff (CB, Gloria, Nurse, and front desk Karina) are all wonderful. During procedure, her nurse applied pressure as doc injected and we chatted away (this helped me not focus on the actual injections, which did not hurt at all BTW). Not rating the aftercare as this has not taking place (I wrote the review less than 24 hours after the doc appt).