Breast Reconstruction After Implant Infection - San Antonio, TX

After having an implant removal / replacement...

After having an implant removal / replacement performed by another doctor. I had an emergency surgery to have those implants removed along with alot of breast tissue due to a major infection. I wasn't sure if I'd ever have normal breast again until I met Dr. Baumholtz. He gave me realistic expectations and exceeded them. I couldn't be happier with the results. He is an amazing doctor!!

Infection

This is how I showed up to the emergency room. The previous doctor who had originally done the exchange of my implants said this was normal and with antibiotics I would be fine. When I showed up to the ER I was admitted and scheduled for an emergency surgery to have my breast cleaned out and have tissue removed

Recovery

After having both implants removed and being on a wound vac for 5 wks. (Most painful thing I've ever experienced) I was on my road to recovery. I was on a leave of absence from work for 3months

Reconstruction with fat transfer

I wasn't sure if I'd ever be comfortable looking at myself in the mirror again. Thanks to my amazing doctor Dr. Baumholtz I feel normal again . He is amazing and I am forever grateful to him. He recommended fat transfer procedure would be the best option for me. I trusted him and I couldn't be happier with my decision. His bedside manners and the love he has for his patients is beyond any words I can describe. These pictures are after 4 1/2 months of doing reconstruction surgery with fat transfer.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Baumholtz made me feel comfortable. I was able to ask him anything. He explained the process and made sure I understood the procedure. He explained it might take multiple surgeries for the final results. He has exceeded my expectations. I have referred several friends and family who are also very pleased with their results. If you have any doubts about having surgery get a consult with Dr. Baumholtz. You will be happy you did!