36, Nursed 2 Kids and Quick Wait Loss - San Antonio, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I love reading everyone's stories so I thought I'd...

I love reading everyone's stories so I thought I'd share mine! After breastfeeding 2 kids and a quick 50 lb weight loss I have wanted surgery on my breasts. I would look in the mirror at my deflated breasts and become depressed. I hated trying on clothes because the only way I felt confident is wearing my vs push up bra. I went toba wine tasting event with some girlfriends and met somebody that had gotten breast implants from Dr. Young. she had nothing but good things to say.
A few months later I set up a consultation with him. I tried on sizers and decided to go with 500cc's. DR. YOUNG came in checked my measurements and shocked me by telling me my size was a small b. At Victoria's secret I wore a 34D. I was bummed when he told me he would need to do a partial lift, an anchor lift. I knew that would mean that I'd have visible scars. The price they quoted me was 9250. We thought about it for a few months.
I finally scheduled a pre op appointment the week before Thanksgiving. I have a few friends that have had implants and every one of them said they wish they had gone bigger. So I changed my mind and told them at the pre op that I wanted 550. The clinic scheduled the surgery for 2 and a half weeks away. Those two and a half weeks went by so slowly! The whole time I flip flopped between 500 and 550.
December 9th, FINALLY rolled around. I was so nervous and had been for the 2 weeks prior to surgery. Luckily, the wait time for surgery was very short. I was taken back after waiting in the lobby for about 5 minutesabout a nurse took me back and prepreped me for surgery. 10 minutes later I was out cold and it felt like I blinked and they we're wheeling me out to the car. When I woke up my chest felt heavy but that's pretty much all I can remember. First day after surgery I just felt uncomfortable. The second day I was sore. The third day I hurt! My breasts were huge and it felt like I had boulders in them. This was the day I was told I could shower with my back to the water. When I took off the bra the weight of my breasts was overwhelming but it felt good to take off the restrictive surgical bra. It felt good to be clean!
The 4th, 5th and 6th day we're all about the same. Swollen, achey and bloated all over, especially in the belly area. The 7th day I had my post op appointment. The nurse told me I didn't have to sleep as upright, thank goodness because my back was killing me. She said my swelling and healing was right about where it should be a week out from surgery. She gave me a few massages to help with the fact that the implants we're high and tight, which is pretty normal.
I get my stitches out next Wednesday and soon after I'll be able to use the neocutis Bio cream and I'm going to purchase saline strips by Bio derm for my anchor shaped scars. I have faith that the scars will fade.
I'm totally in love with my breasts now! Knowing the scarring will eventually fade and I can go braless eventually and I don't have to buy push up bikinis and bras anymore. Yay, I can wear strapless clothes now!

Listen to your doctor!

Yesterday marks my 3rd wk after surgery. I was a little more active than I guess I should've been. Not crazy active but my arms weren't in the position I was told to keep them in. Anyway, I think I pulled a muscle, I went to the doctor to make sure everything was looking how it should and was comforted by the nurse that squeezed me in without an appointment. She said everything looked great but to call if there was any more pain or problems. In short, if your doctor says try to walk around like a t Rex for a month, do it! It hurts if you pull a muscle that's still trying to heal after having an implant placed.

Had to have another surgery 4 wks after the initial surgery

Not sure why but the open area under my breast started oozing quite a lot. Dr. Said that the area with the opening was quite common and the material coming from my breast was normal.
In the middle of the night I woke up with my left breast hugely swollen, severe pain on the left side and a mild temp with feverish aches. I went to the Dr. And he gave me an antibiotic shot ( which are so painful!) He said he wanted to wait a day and see if the antibiotic shot and pills helped. I felt terrible!. The next day I felt the same way. 1000 mg of tylenol would only keep the temp down for 3 hours and I could only take it every 6. Meanwhile the volume of the discharge increased. Dr. saw me the next day and because the swelling had gone down a bit and the pain wasn't quite as bad we'd try waiting one more day to see if the drainage slowed. The next day the draining was just as bad and my breast was swollen again. He told me that I should have surgery again to see what's going on. He let me know that the plan was to go in and clean everything out but there's a possibility the implant would have to removed. Surgery was the next day. When I woke up from it I instantly felt for my breast and almost cried out, I still have my implant because I was relieved. He cleaned me out, and put a drain in my breast. They're so uncomfortable but I'm so glad he did it! I feel a million times better today! No temp, slight pain but not nearly as bad as it was, and like I said the drain is uncomfortable but I'm very happy. It also made me very happy that my Dr. and his staff didn't miss a beat in making sure everything went smoothly and tried to comfort me when I was feeling so ill. Although, it is a little embarrassing that the nurses and receptionists all know me when I walk in the door lol
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Everyone at Dr. Young's office is wonderful. Cynthia, one of his nurses, didn't mind answering my thousands of questions, even if I called a couple of times a day with a new question each time. The lady that talked about financing was very nice and helpful, the 2 nurses that worked with me before surgery were nice, upbeat and even helped me try to relax. Even the anesthesiologist was friendly and upbeat. The only problem I really had was tthe durin this whole thing I only saw and talked to Dr. Young twice. The consultation and when he came to draw on me for the surgery. He wasn't very personable. Even my hubby said it would have been nice if the doctor had come out to talk to him about how the surgery went. However, he did, what I think, is a fantastic job on my breasts. UPDATE: it's official! Dr. Young and all of his staff are wonderful! They genuinely care and are on top of everything. They helped me through a very rough week when I had a minor complication with my left breast and I hope they know how much I appreciate it!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful