44 Yr Old, 5'3, 137lbs, Tummy Tuck with Fleur De Lis Incision After Losing 70lbs - Salt Lake City, UT

I want to start by acknowledging everyone's...

I want to start by acknowledging everyone's courage to post before pictures. LOL. All I know is I felt a lot of shame looking at how disfigured my body became after losing 70 pounds. For gaining the weight to begin with. However, I am incredibly proud of the work I have done to lose the weight and keep it off. I look in the mirror and still see my body at 200 pounds. I am looking forward to having my tummy tuck done so I can truly see what losing 70 pounds really looks like. I went to four different surgeons and I'm so glad I did. I have chosen the last surgeon for my tummy tuck. He was amazing. He Took the time to teach me and show me what my vision and his vision looks like. I requested a fleur de lis incision to help sculpt and get rid of my all over skin. I am more concerned with the results and the scar. I am paying for my surgery in cash so I will not schedule my date until the end of August 2016. That is when I will have all of the surgical fees paid off and my schedule will allow for the time off. Be gentle with my before pictures. I'm a work in progress. I look forward to keeping you all updated!

Surgery date set! And deposit paid! It's real now!

Oh my gosh ladies! I am soooo excited! I paid my deposit and set my surgery date for my tummy tuck! October 5th is the day! That gives me a few weeks to finish losing whatever weight I can. I am 13 days post op from my breast lift with augmentation. Oh baby! I'm going to be following everyone as I prepare for surgery. Let me know if you have any advice! Thanks!

Pre-op 3 and a half weeks

Well, in 3.5 weeks I will have my tummy tuck with liposuction !! I am SOOOO excited!! Surgery is just about paid for. My pre-op surgical appointment is on September 28th. Surgery is scheduled for October 5th! I am concerned about having enough skin removed. Since my breast lift/breast augmentation I have noticed a lot of back skin. Maybe it's the bras I'm wearing or the extra 5lbs I gained since my first surgery. But I'm worried. Wondering if a 360 body lift would be better than the anchor scar I'm looking at doing. Any thoughts? I bought a binder and Ted hose for surgery online. Hoping that will work

3.5 weeks pre-op. I can't wait to get rid of these tires.

I am 3.5 weeks pre-op. I look like the Michelin Man. I can't wait to get rid of these tires and loose skin. I hate how my body looks now but I'm grateful to have lost 70lbs. I've never had a flat stomach. I'm looking forward to having a new body. One that reflects what I feel on the inside. I'm excited and nervous all at once. Wish me luck!

Surgery day!!!

I'm nervous, excited, and nervous and excited! Lol I keep thinking I'm going to end up with a weird body shape. I've never seen myself with a flat tummy! So, wish me luck and I will keep you posted!

Done with surgery!

Well, I'm on the other side! 7lbs of skin and fat removes! I haven't seen his handy work but I'm grateful it's done. I'm sore. Anesthesia is starting to wear off. :( I will keep you all posted! happy healing!

I'm home trying to get comfy and the doc called

Lol... this is going to be interesting, trying to get comfy. Like finding a needle in a haystack. lol Dr. Bindrup himself called to check on me. I swear he is the sweetest doc ever. So nice. He also told me he did a lot of liposuction in my hips and they actually took 8.5lbs total. Wowza! I can't wait to see this!

PAIN, PAINFUL, full of PAIN

Wowza, first 24hrs. Anesthesia wore off and the car trip to the doc went really well. I was surprised at how relatively PAIN free I was, that is, until I wore up from my nap. I don't think I have hurt like this, ever. So, after going potty. So, trying to manage my pain with meds and another nap. Wish me luck! Lol I wish we could laugh at how painful this is...BUT SERIOUSLY, if I laugh it hurts even more!

I'm posting some pics from earlier at Dr. Bindrup's office. His nurse changed my dressings so that took some pictures. Enjoy! Happy Healing

The back side of the other side

Wowza ladies, I'm waking up about every two hours either for pain or to pee. It gets tiring but I thought I would take a second a give you all an update.
First 24hrs!", I survived! Lol. I know it's early but I thought posting some Pictures and I will write more later. My bum is so numb from sitting in the same position. But gratefully the feeling comes back fairly quick. Make sure you stay on top of your pain meds. That will also help. So, for now here are the pictures and I will post more later

Pics, the first 24 hours.

I survived! I won't lie, it's been hard. But the pain is mostly a high level of discomfort. Don't get me wrong, this surgery hurts more then anything else I've had done. The forward facing pics, I think, show my shape a bit and make me feel hope. I've never seen myself with a flat belly so this feels EXCITING!
More to come when I'm more awake. Lol

Standing, coughing (just don't!), eating and finally pooping

Hey everyone, it's been a crazy few days. I FINALLY was able to poop after 4 days post op. I took milk of magnesia and it was off to the races! The pressure was so painful and I have hardly been able to eat so that wasn't helping. Has anyone else found they can only east small bites of food? Wowza, I get full very fast. My tummy is SO TIGHT and the compression garment keeps everything tighter. Today I started with coughing fits... oh my gosh! Just don't!! It was the most painful thing since this surgery!
That being said I feel like my recovery is going really well. I'm finally able to stand much straighter which helps to relieve the tension in my back. I mostly feel lots of muscle tension and soreness because I can't get into comfortable positions. But last night I finally was able to sleep on my side! I slept like a baby. I'm weening my pain meds and I'm feeling pretty good. Hoping to get my drains out by day ten! I hope you all are healing well or are doing lots of research. I am so glad I did my TT and only wish I had done it sooner!
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bindrup is amazing. He was so kind and made me feel very comfortable. He took the time to listen to my vision and taught me how he could make that happen without compromising my safety and well being. I highly recommend him