32 Year Old 2 C-section - Hernia Repair/muscle Repair/ Ba. Salisbury, MD

I have had a great experience with Dr. Perrotta...

I have had a great experience with Dr. Perrotta and all of his staff. I had a full tummy tuck with hernia repair, full muscle repair ( I had a large separation) and silicone breast augmentation. I am about a week and a half post surgery. I have been very impressed with the office and staff. Laurie the surgical coordinator has been absolutely amazing. She responds to all of my emails and concerns within minutes and has calmed my nerves on several occasions. The surgical center is in office and my experience on surgery day was very positive. My nurse Julianna was amazing.... She picked up on both mine and my husbands personality and we joked and talked and calmed my nerves before surgery. She also helped post op with answering questions on my healing and was amazing. The anesthesiologist was very informative and very personable. I am still in the healing process but I am pleased with my results so far.

Pre op suggestions

I searched and searched this site for months before my procedure for information and reviews. I thought I'd offer my suggestions for pre/post op.
1. Multi vitamin
2. Extra vitamin c
3. An electric recliner ( we had a reg recliner but w a ba you can not control the leg by yourself. My husband rented one on Black Friday $20 for 4 weeks. it was the only way I could get up and down on my own! You will be sleeping in this for about the first 2 weeks!
4. A water bottle with a good straw. Sounds silly but when you are barely able to lift your arms and you are in and out of sleep bc of pain meds having a good water bottle w a long straw really helps
5. Gatorade/crackers/soup/jello/ snacks w fiber
6. Stool softeners/ prune juice ( you will get constipated from the pain meds which is no fun when your belly is worked on.
7. Bacitracin ( I put some around my drain site when I changed my dressing)
8. Snap front bras ( I was able to change from my surgical bra after my first appointment I found an awesome one at Walmart for 5.98 that had hooks in the front and was very comfy on my incisions
9. Vitamin e liquid and arnica liquid to put on skin other than incisions to relieve itching, prevent brushing and stretching
10. Most importantly someone to be with you for at least the first week of not more. You can not do anything by yourself so you have to have someone help you with everything!!

More before pics

I was always very athletic never had an issue with my stomach until after my second child and c section. I developed a wide diastasis and umbilical hernia. I had constant back pain from having no core strength.

2.5 week update!

I have to say that this surgery or combo of surgeries will knock you off your feet! I have been driving and up and about doing some simple house work ... Taking care of my 3 year old for the past 4 days. After 3 hours or so I'm ready for a break mainly from being tired and back pain ( I'm still not completely standing straight). Everything is healing well and tonight I took all binders off and it was the first time I felt pretty good without having them on. Baby steps ... Day by day is the only way to get through this surgery. I'm happy with results so far hopefully things will only get better!

Healing going great

So far so good with healing my scabs have come off of my belly button and most of my abdominal incisions the scars under my breasts are barely visible I've been rubbing and massaging them with vitamin e as directed by my surgeon I am not putting anything on my belly button or belly scar

Doing great!

Everything is going great so far!!!

Scar therapy

I was also cleared to start scar therapy. I purchased silicone scar sheets to use and will begin under my breasts and on my belly button. I had to have two sutures cut on my tummy so in going to wait until they heal to start on my tummy scar. Using newgel sheets and silagen also purchased kelocote to use when the sheeting becomes in usable.

Almost 5 months post op!

Healing has been going well... My right implant has been slower to drop than the left no issues at all with it. My right was making a "rubbing" or squeaking Sound. I had my muscle injected under that breast to try to get it to relax a little which can seemed to help some. The rubbing sound comes back every now and then especially when I exercise.... Incisions are great healing well... I have a slight bulge from my upper abdomen that he thinks is a small dat collection from bringing the muscle together.. I may need some Lipo in that area but overall I've been back to work , working out 4-5 days and week and feeling good!

8 month post

Everything has been going fairly well... Going about my daily routine with work and exercise. I find that I still have a lot of abdominal swelling. In the morning I look great by the end of the day my stomach is bloated and tight. If I wear my compression it helps. I though something may have been wrong with my muscle repair but I don't think so since the swelling goes almost away in the morning and gets worse at night. I just now started doing some core workouts along with my normal cardio and lifting.

Additional pics

Not as much swelling earlier in the day .. I just feel like my mid abs stick out farther than they should may I just expect more than I should

More pics

Scars

Tummy tuck scar 8 mo post

Salisbury Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Perrotta was informative and very personable. Great experience so far.