Over 40- 4 Kids. Rectocele Repair/-Vaginia Rejuvenation (Tightening/Labiaplasty) - Saint Louis, MO

Hi, I am stressing out about the pain of this...

Hi, I am stressing out about the pain of this surgery- They told me no driving first 2 weeks & rest for 6wks. I have a very experienced vaginal/urology surgeon but i am still so worried & wanting to back out...

Any advice?
I have urge incontinence (peeing every hour except at night)- will this procedure help w/any of that at all?
How long did you need to take pain meds?
Will the tightening cause problems w/wetness or affect orgasms?
I do not have painful sex now but worried i will after this... :(

Vaginal Rejuvenation, Rectocele repair, Cystocele (bladder) repair, labiaplasty

Had surgery. went well. 4 wks post op now. I am finally getting around better, cooking dinner/ light housework.

If you have this surgery- allow about 3 wks to rest/ sitting was difficult b/c of rectum repair...so have a donut seat avail, long panty liners, and peri-colace avail at home before going into surgery...

I did not get a bladder sling- b/c i have urge incontinence and this surgery did help w/that so far.

I am not thrilled w/outside rectum results but i am thankful it is all tightened up and i am having relief w/bladder issues and going to bathroom every hour before! Stitches are still healing and a bit itchy w/some normal discharge and light bleeding (on wk 4) . I was off pain meds day 5 b/c they made me constipated- only had to take reg. advil every so often if i did to much that day.... no sex till wk 6.

My dr. was awesome- although i did not have a mesh/or sling that needed to be removed - they have called my dr. the Mesh (removal) warrior... St. Louis. ppl fly into see him...

I had met my deductible so insurance paid for most of it- i had to pay for cosmetic part only. :)
Saint Louis Urogynecologist

He was professional and spent a LOT of time meeting w/me. He called me the night before surgery and also after to check on me.