Mother of 3 Children, Several Laparoscopic Procedures - Sacramento, CA

Wow! It's difficult expressing how one has felt...

Wow! It's difficult expressing how one has felt over the past 25 years. Pregnancies and surgeries have left me struggling with body image / complex. It's still difficult to look in the mirror at times. I have waited for this day! I also want to thank those who have shared their stories/ pictures. :)

Post op day 10 TT, abdominal muscle tight,liposuction of flanks.

No pain.. no gain a common slogan we hear. However, I want to advise those that are seeking to have this procedure to REALLY your research. This has been one of the MOST painful experiences I have EVER endured . I have been in SEVERE pain(despite having a pain pump and narcotics ) I've been in the ER twice(ileus and severe back and leg pain). It is difficult for me to walk as the slumped posture causes severe muscle spasms in my back. I've had sciatica effecting my right leg.
Swell hell is REAL. There was no position of comfort. I have a small area of my incision that is not healing well from poor circulation...and oh yes...some degree of depression from not being able to participate in the daily activities I enjoy ..with that being said ,TODAY I'm starting to feel better. I'm going to write Thank You notes to my friends and family..and try to hold onto an attitude of appreciation. Will post pics later on..

Here are my pictures.

15 days post op

2 months post-op

Update. ..I'm finally back to normal! I feeling more self confidence about my body and love my results..

2 months post Op

Happy with my results!
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

I initially had difficulty scheduling an appointment for my first consultation. The doctor has a great bedside manner. His OR recovery RN was annoyed and not friendly. She told my sister to "read the bottle " when she had questions on what meds to give me at home. My family was very concerned as I was pale and cold after surgery and felt that I was being rushed out of the recovery room. There were several post op instructions that had not been explained at all ie: my pain pump (which I was told that either myself or the medical assistant would remove! ) and no instructions on how to use the insentive spirometer. The guest house had an occupant with a small child and dogs that started barking every time I got out of bed...7/15/16. (update)..I was able to address all of my concerns at the physician's office. I also received an additional phone call at home to discuss my experience. I felt their concern was legitimate and empathetic. I really appreciated the follow up call. LOVE MY RESULTS!