My Time....It's All About Me. - Sacramento, CA

I'm 5' tall and 140 pounds. I have one daughter...

I'm 5' tall and 140 pounds. I have one daughter that is 25 years old. Between my stretch marks and the scar on my tummy from a back surgery, a TT is well over due. I've lost 40 pounds over the last three years and my boobs haven't gone down much at all. I'm a 36 DDD and it's time for a reduction as the pain in my neck and back are almost unbearable. I'm trying to get up the courage to post before and after pictures. After a divorce in 2009, my life is all about me and quite honestly I'm really enjoying it.

Pre-Op Pics

As difficult as this is, I'm ready to post my pre-op pictures. This is why I'm having the surgery done. It's important for me to see the results from before and after. While the scaring scares me from the TT, it can't be worse than the scar I already have from my back surgery. I started a count down clock this evening, but still trying to understand if what I'm feeling is excitement or nervousness. I wish I could jump straight to amazing results and skip the post-op part.

10 Hours and 46 Minutes

I've been so busy with work and getting ready for this day I haven't had time to think about tomorrow. I'm wondering if I will sleep tonight. I need to be up at 4AM to get ready to leave at 5. Surgery is scheduled at 7AM. Im posting more unflattering pre-op pics. I think it's important that I have pre-op pics so I can track my changes and progress.

Surgery

I am officially post-op and I'm actually very excited about my results. I can't see anything yet because of the bodysuit, but I see a flat tummy and smaller breast. ???? My girlfriend is a ER Nurse and she is staying with me for the next two days to help me. I'm extremely grateful for her help and company. I can't stand up straight and a walker would be handy. Based on my research I probably won't be standing up straight for a couple of weeks. I have my timer set for every four hours to make sure I'm taking my pain pills to prevent from being miserable. I haven't taken any pics yet but I will tomorrow.

The Flat Side - Post-Op Day 3

Each day the pain gets easier. My primary objective when I started this project was to ensure I maintained realistic expectations. Well, I'm here to say the results actually surpassed my expectations. When Dr. Sweat removed my bandages today I couldn't believe the results. I'm not standing up straight yet and I haven't seen the incision on my tummy but I am already thinking of all the clothes I can buy and wear. I'm so excited. I'm attaching photos from the first night. I will post more pictures tomorrow after my daughter takes them.

Day 4

I've attached pictures of my day 4 post-op. Tummy seems to be really swollen today and still no BM. Even though I'm really swollen, I'm still really happy with the results. The best advice I've received thus far is to take a stool softener with every pain pill. I wish I had taken that advice the first two days of my post-op.

Day 6

Well ladies, yesterday was rough. Somehow I managed to get a cold on Sunday and needless to say I'm doing everything in my power to not cough. I had my second post-op appointment yesterday and got my tube removed, thank God. But between the cold and the removal it took me out for the remainder of the day. I can move around a lot more now and I'll be happy when I can stand up straight again. More pics to come soon.

Day 10 Post-Op

My right breast has an open wound and has been draining significantly. I'm worried it may be infected. My next appointment isn't scheduled until the 10th. I'll be calling Dr. Sweat Monday morning to see if I can get in to see him earlier. I want to make sure I avoid and/or minimize scarring.
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

9/10/15 - I spent a good month researching doctors on RS, friends and through my insurance. After multiple consultations, I selected Dr. Jeffrey Sweat to perform my procedures. I feel very confident with my selection. Dr. Sweat was very personable, honest and he actually listened and answered all my questions. The other consults I felt like the doctors were reading a monologue or just telling me what I wanted to hear. His staff has been very patient and friendly with all my questions. He responds to questions on RS every day. He has a sincere passion for his career, his patients and the curious patients he supports on RS. I look forward to posting addiontional comments about Dr. Sweat in the coming days as part of my pre & post operation experiences. 9/25/15 - Today was my first post-op appointment with Dr. Sweat. He removed the bandages today and I was extremely pleased with the results. I'm extremely confident that I will be even more pleased when the swelling goes down.