Pulling the trigger! 34 years old, 5' 5" 150 lbs, 2 breastfed children with 65+ lb weight gain and loss.

I am right in between of NEEDing a lift and...

I am right in between of NEEDing a lift and wanting one. The whole reason for the augmentation is perkier and fuller...not just bigger. But I don't want scars. Does anyone have experience or know anyone who had a "doughnut lift." My consult yesterday said, she could do a minor one on my left. She then made a comment that she would cut me as much as I want, but she doesn't think I need it unless I want perky boobs...um, yes! Yes, I do.

2 more consults down

It is true what the say...3 doctors, 3 opinions! Ugh!! How does one decide? Doc 1) no lift needed ($8,000) Doc 2) full lift with 330 ccs in one procedure ($10,500). Doc 3) full lift, wait 3-6 months then 400 cc implants ($15k)

I have one more on Thursday, then I have to make a decision!

I have decided on a doc...

And put down my deposit!! October 19th can not come soon enough, but at the same time I am so freaked out if it got postponed it wouldn't be that awful! Ha

Pre-Op Today

I am not sure why I am nervous for the pre-op. I am bringing my husband with me for sizing concerns. Neither of us want me to go to big. After 4 different consults, every doctor had different suggestions and in the moment, they all sounded like the best idea. Plus, if I get my husbands opinion, I can blame him if I don't like them...ahhahaha!

My concerns are scaring and them making me look bigger than I am. Also, I have seen a lot of "lifts" that don't look so "lifted" fairly soon after surgery. I am really hoping that I can achieve the look that I want, but I am also hoping the surgeon will be brutally honest with me so I don't get my hopes up if it is not achievable.

I have really tried to focus on "wish" pictures with people that have had the same procedure and similar befores. I am just trying to be realistic.

Rice (Quinoa) sizes

My biggest fear is going tooooooo big, but I don't want to be another..."should have gone bigger." I have always felt like I have bigger boobs...but turns out they are very modest and just very wide. Tonight I decided to make sizes so I could get a little more comfortable with the 450ish the doctor suggested. I only made 375 cc's (1.5 cups of quinoa) thinking that they will be under muscle and after a lift with minor removal. From the top...my view...SCARY! From the front and side...acceptable. I have 6.5 days to get use to these ladies!

Pictures of quinoa sizers

One more try...

With trying to post sizer pics

38 hours...but who is counting!

I feel like I have nothing prepared. I DID write out a schedule for my husband for 3 days...when is the excitement suppose to kick in?

Today...

I say good bye to these poor unfortunate sad boobies. Hopefully within a week or so they will be happier, fuller and perkier. 1:00 appt= starving!

They are here...

...along with an elephant who seems to be standing on a fence post on the top of my sternum. It went smoothly, but I am excited to talk to my surgeon in the morning since my husband isn't a mind reader he didn't ask lots of questions that I want answers to. I do remember asking cc's but bright of us can remember if the nurse said, 410? 415 or 420? But either way I am currently comforted that they aren't 450-475.

Post Op appt

First off...I slept great. I was awake from 1-2 am waiting for my next dose of pain relievers, but went to sleep and didn't wake up until my husbands alarm at 6:00 am...I was painless (as long as I didn't move) so waited a bit to take the next dose of meds.

Went to the doctors and Borge the nurse and doctor were supposed how lucid I was and my pain was minimal. I want to get off the happy pills ASAP, so they confirmed I could take Advil in between doses...and move from 2 Oxy to 1.

There is a little skin rippling under that concerned me, but he said it's good because it will put less tension on the incision as the implant naturally settles. The girls are SUPER swollen today. I am glad they were not like this yesterday or it would have been hard to convince me they weren't going to look like this.

Fingers crossed the next few days continue to go smoothly. Biggest next worry is that my kids (3&4) understand that they can't love on mommy.

Card...

...guess they did give me one. Ha! My husband failed to mention that.

2 days post op

So the pain was decent yesterday, worse as the day went on. I have been sleeping well, which is good. I emailed a nurse pictures, because I feel as though I am bleeding too much still...but when I took pictures of my dressings...it wasn't that bad. We will see what the nurse says.

I like the way they look from the front, but I am so swollen...the sides look terrible. It looks like I have an implant in my arm pit as well. Ice doesn't seem to help with swelling, but it does make me feel better.

Patience...

...is not my strong suit. I am really struggling. I am praying it is swelling, but right now I hate them. From the front with my arms up...the look fine, from the side...bump, flat, bump. With a fitted shirt on it looks like I have a tire around my chest...love handle boobies! Booo. I feel almost back to normal...minimal to no pain. Also, my nipples look "coney." I am hoping it is just the way the tape is placed, but am also concerned it's going to train them to stay like that.

Pictures to match patience...

Here are pictures for the last post

Day 5 is almost over

So today I went back to work. It has been 5 days since the procedures. I am 90% pain free and taking Tylenol ever 6-ish hours, just to mediate the minimal uncomfortableness that there is. Back to work was really a non issue since I sit at a desk all day. However...I am so so so tired. This not getting to nap all day is for the birds.

I am excited for my post op appt on Thursday. I am hoping that they change the tape...does anyone know if they will?

Other than that, I really don't have much of an update. They are still swollen and very high...I just learned today from reading other's updates that textured actually take longer to drop? hmmmmm. I knew they were a little firmer, but I didn't know they took longer to drop. Oh well...too late now.

Today was a good appointment. I had my first follow up (besides day after surgery) and it went well. They took off the tape (thank goodness) and to my surprise they didn't not put more on. YAY!! I was given permission to wash the incision sites lightly with a loofa or washcloth to gently and naturally remove the scabs.
I have been using coconut oil because I feel like I am going to bust a stretch mark. I asked if that was a problem for the incision sites and he confirmed that it was safe as can be. He said, "oil away." He also confirmed that there is no science to back up that coconut oil helps at all, but he said he thinks that there is definitely something there and encouraged it.
I asked about my areola/nipples and he said they will calm down and flatten out. My concern is that they are "coney." They look almost like puberty...the whole areola is a cone on top of the breast mound. Weird...
He also confirmed that the "swelling" in my armpit is just that...swelling, combined with my muscles that are highly engaged. They will calm down and my razor will once again fit in the armpit (Another thing I am pretty excited for).
Something I was surprised with is that I do not have a horizontal incision under my boobs (anchor) and he was able to do the lift and implant with just the lolipop procedure. I had asked the day of and he said, he wasn't certain and that if he did have to cut down there, but would be minimal. I just assumed he did since there was tape down there, but today after thorough inspection...no under incisions. It wasn't one I was really concerned with, but I was still stoked to not see one there.
I am no longer restricted to the sexy after surgery bras that they give us, but still no underwire.
I am totally bummed I forgot to ask about exercise...
I go back in one week to have the two stitches removed and then I don't have to go back for 2 weeks after that. YAY!

1 week pictures

I had the tape removed today! Yay. I was surprised that I don't have an incision underneath...just some markings. Yay!

2 week post op

Had an appointment today. I was really nervous because from the beginning they told me they were going to be removing the stitches. I tried, and I could not see any so for a few days I have been a little anxious about the digging and picking that was going to need to happen. Turns out they only have to remove the ones that are still there; the ones that have not dissolved or flaked off by themselves. Guess what...I didn't have any.

I was told the bra I was wearing was not enough support...I think I knew that, but it's so comfortable. Back to the compression sports bras. I need to get a few that are not razor back.

I was told everything looks great. I was cleared for "any exercise that does not hurt." No high impact...running, box jumps. I do Crossfit and though I know there is lots I can probably do there, I am super competitive and I would end up pushing myself toooooo hard. So today, I joined a regular gym for $28. It's just for a month, but at least I will be doing something. Today I walked 45 minutes at an incline. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the stair machine. Who knew I was going to get a great ass out of boobs! Ha.

As far as how I am feeling...pain is pretty much gone, except I'm the morning. Morning boob is no joke. And then there are those lighting strikes where the nerves are supposedly reconnecting. That shit SUCKS.

I am noticing that they are softening up on the bottom and almost feel more like boobies, less like rocks. The tops are still very hard. And my armpits are still swollenish. I can't wait for my razor to fit back in there.

I go back in 4 weeks!

6 weeks!!

I am six weeks post op and have been cleared for all activity. I have been back at Crossfit for a week and have been modifying things a bit. There is no pain, but after 6 weeks, I am just out of shape. Things do feel different (push ups, overhead anything, kettle bell swings). I am going to start running again, and hope that it helps them drop just a bit more.

The doctor addressed my concern of them dropping more before I even asked. I think because mine are textured, they are dropping a little slower. I feel that my pecks are also still swollen.

I can now put scar treatment on them which will hopefully start lightening them. I know this is a long process, but it's nice to know I can start.

Last night I went to a party and wore a top braless for the FIRST time in my life!! Amazing. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but nothing a cocktail or two couldn't get out of me. Ha.