One Week Post Op - Sacramento, CA

I am a 41 year old female that has lost 170 pounds...

I am a 41 year old female that has lost 170 pounds through diet and exercise in the last 18 months. I worked out at the gym 4 times a week but there were just parts of me that I knew would never firm up through exercise. So I made a point of getting a mommy makeover, which is a tummy tuck, a breast lift, implants, and an arm lift. I had all the procedures done at the same time. It was A 6 hour procedure. At this time I am 1 week post op. I am not in a lot of pain. The worst pain was the first 3 days with the tummy tuck. Having to get up to go to the restroom or get out of the chair was like my body was ripping in half. Since that has subsided now I'm more focused on my breasts dropping into place. I did a lot of research online and it seems like almost every girl comes out of surgery and her breasts are perfect and that was not the case with me. I had 485 CC silicone gummy bear implants inserted. One is very high and the other is more under my underarm. My doctor has assured me that it's just a matter of the muscle relaxing and allowing the implants to slip into place but as with most girls I worry and wonder if it's not right or if it's ever going to be the way that I want it to be. I think that is something that we all struggle with. Anyway that's my one-week update. Hopefully it will get better and better as the time goes. I understand it can take up to six months for the muscles to relax fully and allow for the implants to sit exactly where they should. Patience is not a virtue that I own but I have no other choice at this point. So I will be waiting it out.

1st follow up appt

Everything is being nicely. No.pain in TT or arms. Breasts are still swollen and haven't dropped into pocket yet. Little disappointed with that but I know they will. My stomach is flat and tight like when I was a teen. I'm so pleased with the progress.

Almost two wks-implants still high

I've read that it could take months for them to drop but I am so stressed that they havent.moved in 2 wks. I just want.them to be normal. I can't buy bras or anything yet because I don't evemeasure know what I'm going to end up with. I see Dr Sweat tomorrow and I am hoping for some reassurance that all is well. Fingers crossed!!

Drain out!

Dr Sweat is a great doctor. After all the procedures I had, TT, breast lift with Aug, and armift lift--just one drain!! He removed it yesterday with absolutely no pain at all. My right breast is still not in the pocket and he advised me because my tissue is so thin he.purposefully made the pocket a little smiller than the implant to avoid sagging prematurely. He recommended I start massaging it and hopeful it will get in place. If not, I will need a revision. I see him again next Thursday so until then I will be massaging like crazy!

8 wks post op

My scars are having nicely. I have been rubbing them with.coconut oil.
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dr Sweat is extremely knowledgeable and puts a lot of thought into giving patients the best outcome. I trust him completely.