Getting Ready For Surgery - Sacramento, CA

I am 58 years old and am getting ready to have my...

I am 58 years old and am getting ready to have my 31 year old implants removed. I have not had any problems with them but am concerned about their age and my health. I hope I feel better once they are removed. The women who have shared their stories on this site is giving me the strength to do this and I am so grateful. I will post pictures soon. I have my pre op appointment today.

Pre Op Appointment

Had my appointment yesterday and the surgeon was very patient answering all my questions (I made a list of 17 Questions). Now just one week to go. I didn't mention my implants are under the muscle.

Surgery Today

Well the day has arrived. I have to be at the hospital at 2:30. Thank you to all the brave women who have gone before me and shared your experience. I would not be doing this if it were not for all of you!

Surgery is Over

Got to the hospital at 1:45 pm and left at 9:30 pm. Everyone was so kind. I felt a little nauseous but didn't get sick. I am on pain meds but not hurting much. I am so tired. The doctor told me the right side had ruptured. Going to sleep.

2:00 am Wake Up

Woke up not in pain but concerned about how much fluid would be in my drains. It is minimal. PS told my friend I would be small, oh well, I am so relieved they are gone.

Post Op Visit

Well I see my PS this am and maybe will see my chest, I am so tightly wrapped up I don't know what I look like. I am nervous. It is interesting on one review I read where one lady could breath through her nose after the surgery. When I slept I always had to breath through my mouth but since explant I can breath through my nose hmmm?? I am still taking one pain med about every 6 hours and slept a lot yesterday.

Bandages Off

Well I got my bandages off today and it was such a shock. I am really concave and feeling sad. I hope there is fluffing. I was so hoping they would look better than they do.

Post Visit Today

Hi I go to get my last drain out today it has been 8 days, the other one came out somehow 4 days ago and had to go to the doctors office and they did not reinsert it even though it was still draining.

I see changes daily, one side more so than the other. I feel great though only took the prescribed pain medicine 2 - 3 days.

Thanks for your support!

2 month update

I am happy I had my implants removed but am disappointed in how I look. I am hoping they will improve but will most likely need surgery.
UC Davis