63 Years Old, Implants for 25 Years, Explant Nov 9, 2016

I'm posting these photos before I write a review...

I'm posting these photos before I write a review because last time I had written my lengthy review and than dang, accidentally erased it before it was posted. So pictures first, then story. :) My basic info is I'm a runner, 5'6", 135 pounds. I don't have any health problems. I want the implants out because of most of the reasons other women give. Mostly, I feel they are too full and big for my age. I'm very active and they do get in the way of yoga and finding cute tops for running and cycling. I will probably have a problem with the nipples flopping down over the areolar incision, because that has already happened even with the implants (3rd pair in 25 years) but oh well. I hope that my photos and pictures will be helpful, as I've been helped by everyone else's story as well.

Anyone late 50's, early 60's want to explant or already did?

I'm spending a lot of time on this site because I'm anxious to get scheduled for explant; however, I'm pretty sure I have to travel for the surgery. My question to realself community is what might I expect in the way of results at my age.

Explant Date Nov 9, 2016

I've set a date for explant of my silicone implants with Dr. Fryer in Draper, UT for Nov 9. I really wanted to have this procedure done with Dr Sweat in Sacramento, but I'd rather not travel that far. Dr. Fryer has great reviews and my meeting with him was everything I could hope for. Emotionally, I'm ready to get this done. I think. I go back and forth fretting about the results, but that doesn't accomplish much, does it. So Nov. 9 it is. I'm thankful for all the women who have shared their explant journey here on this site. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

Looking forward, also stressed about explant one week from today!

My husband is driving me to my PS five hours away on Nov 9 to have my implants removed. Local anesthesia, no drains, and they said bring my sports bra, which I'll be wearing afterwards. I'm a little worried about this as I have seen so many posts about special post-surgical bras and getting something that is comfortable and compressing. My sports bras are soft and not too tight so I hope they will be okay.

I made this appointment months ago, and since November has come to pass already, I'm back on this site reading everyone's comments and seeing photos, trying to figure out what my results will be. I think I will be happy when they're out. I know I will be glad I don't have to deal with the problem of finding clothes that fit and implants being in the way of my running and workouts. Dr. Fryer is also going to do a revision of my left nipple scar. The implants are coming out under the breast because I have indentations under the nipple due to my previous surgeries. I am trying like heck to remain calm and not obsess too much about the results, which I have no control over. Reading on this site, I know many women get anxious and stressed before the surgery. Apparently, I'm normal. :)

More later.....

It's over! Explanted today after 27 years of implants

Dr Fryer was an amazing surgeon. He calmly explained everything he was doing as he did it and asked how I was doing several times. He did the surgery under local anesthesia. There was no pain except for the injections to anesthetize the breasts. That took a couple minutes and I just focused on my breathing and listened to my "meditations for successful surgery." That was very helpful in keeping me calm. We actually carried on a conversation during the entire procedure.

He started on the scar revision on left side areola. I didn't feel anything other than some pressure. Nothing disturbing. Next he made a 4cm incision under the left breast. Quickly the implant was out. I had no revision on the right areola so he went right to the incision under the breast on the other side. A few seconds and it was out.

The whole procedure was just as easy as ladies before me have said. Afterwards my husband took me to lunch, we shopped awhile, then I went back to the hotel and napped. We went to dinner and then a movie. I took some Tylenol to ease the slight burning discomfort at the incision sites.

I'm posting before and after photos. I remind myself that my skin is 63 years old so I don't expect miracles. But I feel satisfied with the results and I expect the skin to retract somewhat. All in all, I am very happy.

The absolute worst part was waiting for the surgery date to arrive. I hope my story will help other women considering explant. I have benefited so much from all who have posted here. What a great site to learn and share. Thanks to all.

2 weeks post explant

I saw the surgeon 2 weeks after he removed 275cc silicone gel implants under local anesthesia. He also did a scar revision on the left nipple, which has not been successful in removing the indentation caused by previous surgeries. Oh well. I'm not thrilled with how my breasts look but I am thrilled to have the implants gone. I can accept the results because I feel so much more normal, natural and comfortable.

Worth it