Otoplasty at 34 Years of Age - Royal Tunbridge Wells, GB

Reading reviews on here for Otoplasty helped make...

Reading reviews on here for Otoplasty helped make my mind up to have the procedure so I thought it would only be right to share my experience too.
I had wanted this procedure done for the last 16 years, I finally felt now was the time to just do it. I researched surgeons and instantly knew that Mr Marc Pacifico at Purity Bridge was the surgeon for me.
On the day I felt very nervous, I've never had an operation before and I had so many worries about having it under a local anaesthetic - would I be able to lay still for that length of time, would I be able to deal with the pain, what if I have a panic attack mid procedure were all questions running through my mind.
Well it was easy! The team kept me calm and there worst bit was a slight sting from a couple of the injections. I felt at complete ease and I was very relaxed. It took just over an hour and I was up and out before I knew it.
Once the anaesthetic wore off at home it became quite painful and I was concerned over the amount of blood coming from my right ear. I couldn't sleep from the pain, worry over the bleeding and it was impossible to get comfy. I've read on here that people don't really experience much pain but I thought the first 24 hours was painful.
No one really mentions about how difficult it is to open your mouth to eat or talk either so this came to me as a bit of a surprise. Soup was just about bearable. 4 days on and putting a fork into my mouth was still a chore and painful. Sleeping on the back is also difficult to get used to but those first 3 nights just lying my head on the pillow was too painful with the pressure so I had to sleep with my arm under my neck to relive the pressure.
8 days on my ears are still sore, a little swollen and bruised. Washing the hair for the first time was worrying - making sure it was a gentle pressure, not too hot and just using baby shampoo. Blow drying and straightening is a very slow and careful process on the cool settings.
But I am very happy with the outcome. I love the new ears and very glad I finally did it. I'm just very impatient - you do have to be very aware of where you go (i.e. Taking my son to the park I am very conscious of footballs!) and I can't wait for a hot shower where I can lather my hair properly. I also cannot wait to go on a beach holiday and finally wear my hair up :-)
London Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic. An amazing plastic surgeon with real attention to detail and a perfectionist.