Breast Implant Redo After 30 Yrs - Roslyn, NY

I had a breast augmentation when I was 28. I have...

I had a breast augmentation when I was 28. I have always been pleased with the result and felt they complemented my figure well. The last few years I was having trouble with mammograms-false/positive reads and was always sent for a sonogram as mammo could not be read. The right breast started moving up and squeezing out of place. It felt like a bump in my breast. I also began to notice a tightening of my chest. The girls served me well for 30 yrs, but it was time to do something or they had to go. After living with them for over half my life it was depressing to think about having to have them removed. I went back to my original surgeon and he advised me he could ease the discomfort factor and see what else was going on. It took me 6 months to decide as I felt it wasn't exactly necessary and was actually scared to go under the knife and possibly make it worse. I was an avid fan of RealSelf and found the shared stories hopeful and informative. After canceling the procedure once I bit the bullet and went forward this week.
I feel much better about the decision now that it is behind me. I still have minor bruising and some swelling but very little pain. Maybe a few twinges at the nipples were the stitches are. My breasts feel billowy and bluxomy. Soft like downy! My Dr. used the same saline implants (225cc) and basically rinsed out the breast pocket of minor calcium flakes and reset the implants. He said the right side impant was totally flipped about and the seam or tab was what I had been irritated by the last few years. He told me to go home and have a martini, but no sex. HA!
I go back in a few days for follow up and will post again in about a month when all the swelling is down. For now, I am 100% relieved, revived and taking it easy (no gym or yoga for a week or so). I am grateful my Dr. was still practicing. I trusted him the first time and he treated me like royalty the second time around. BTW, they are submitting my costs to insurance company. If I do get anything back I will let you know as well. Good luck and good choices to the RealSelf community.
D. Gerald Acker

Dr. Acker is personable, enthusiastic about his practice and caring for patients. He will treat you like a family member, and advise you on the same level. He does like to converse and educate you on many topics, so write your questions and concerns down so you don't get confused by tangent topics. Don't go in there with a tan! It is a small office with limited availability, but staff will always get back to you and resolve any issues. They have been great helping me file for insurance and absence from work.