38 Years Young, Mom of Three, 5'6", 135 Lbs, 350cc Mod Plus

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

10 days to go! Feeling nervous and excited....

10 days to go! Feeling nervous and excited.

After breastfeeding three kids, my breasts, which had always been small, had become a source of insecurity for me. I have a wonderfully supportive and loving husband, who always makes me feel beautiful.

I enjoyed pregnancy and breastfeeding, and the curves that came with it! Now that my youngest is two, I'm ready to do this for me.

4 days to go!

I absolutely cannot believe that the big day is almost here! I'm excited and nervous all at once. I'm not so worried for the actual day, but in the days that follow.

4 days to go! With pics.

1 day to go!

AHHHH! I just got the call that my surgery is scheduled for 9am tomorrow. I'm so happy it's in the morning! Now I can put the final details into place with childcare, etc.

I've been so excited and looking forward to this for a really long time. My first visit with Dr Tattelbaum was back in Feb! But now that the big day is (almost) here, I'm a nervous disaster! I couldn't sleep at all last night. I'm jittery and emotional and obsessed with thinking about the surgery itself, as well as the outcome.

I know I'm in good hands with Dr T. I just have to focus on the positive.

Hopefully I'll feel like updating tomorrow once I'm home! I learned today that I won't get to peek until 2 days after. That's going to be hard! But of course I will listen.

Bye bye little boobs! Wish me luck!!!!!!

I have BOOBS!!!!

I'm home! I have boobs!!

This morning went as well as it possibly could have. Dr Tattelbaum and his staff at the surgical center are absolutely amazing. Aside from my nerves, everything went great.

I woke up at 6, to a set alarm so I could shower and take my time getting there. As soon as I realized what day it was, I burst out crying. And believe me, I've wanted this for a long time!! I was excited, but just scared about the surgery and recovery. We arrived at 7:30, filled out paperwork, chatted with nursing staff and anesthesiologist, and we were ready to go.

I remember walking into the operating room and just thanking everyone I met for their hard work and helping me. I remember laying down on the bed, getting some medicine through an IV and I was out. Next thing I remember is waking up, thinking can it really be over? Nurses were very attentive and sweet. I must have been in recovery for longer than this, but I feel like I woke up, they gave me some water, helped me get dressed, wheeled me out to the car and we went home! I kept thinking and saying "is this really it? Like they really did it and we're done and going home now?"

It's about 3:45 now, we've been home 4 hours now. My oldest (7) is in school and has a play date until 6, and my little two (2 and 3) were with friends all morning and got home a little while ago. My husband has been so wonderful and supportive and a really great caretaker. He's keeping track of my meds and timing and making sure I get Gatorade, chicken noodle soup etc.

I'm not nearly as bad off as I thought I would be. Of course I feel some tightness, but it's nothing like what I thought it would be. I'm walking around every hour or so, just all over the upstairs. I'm sleeping on and off. I'm keeping up with those meds. I had one minor nausea situation when we first got home and OMG the thought of throwing up terrified me. Deep breaths helped it pass.

The hardest part is that I can't peek until 48 hrs post surgery! That's when I'll get to take off my super sexy surgical bra and ace bandage and take a shower. Then back into my sexy surgical bra and ace bandage until next Friday, at my post op appt. if you've ever breastfed, my boobs feel like if you skipped a feeding and didn't pump and went to bed, how they feel in the am. A little hard and full. I was worried about the discomfort of sleeping in a reclined position because I am a full on tummy sleeper. But it actually feels better to be sitting upright rather than reclined because of the weight on my chest.

I'll update more in the coming days. Definitely when I get a peek!!

Time to unwrap!

So excited to get out of this ace bandage and surgical bra, even if only to take a shower. I'm so excited to see what they look like!!
I'm feeling much more comfortable today. Still a little pain and tightness, but nothing like the past 2 days. My good friend is a nurse and is going to help me back into my bra and ace bandage, and even dry my hair. Here's some pics!

So happy!!!

I'm only 3 days post op, so I probably sound crazy but I am in LOVE with my new boobs! I'm hardly in any pain today and can't stop looking at them. I know, I'm supposed to keep them wrapped for a week until my post op appt, but I just can't help it!!

Better every day!

I woke up feeling great today! Could have been the 12 plus hours of sleep (only 1 wake up for my antibiotic plus a Valium). I POOPED for the first time in 6 days, today is a new day people!! I just took my first shower since Saturday. Jason had to wash my hair Saturday and I had a friend come over to dry my hair, but today I did it all by myself! I feel like a new person.

I'm still taking my meds but totally spacing them out. I'm taking a Valium every 6 hrs and an oxy every 4 that I'm awake. My boobs look awesome. They still need to drop and fluff and soften up, but I am absolutely thrilled at how they look, my recovery and really the entire process.

I go back to Dr Tattelbaum in 2 days, Thursday morning. The only complaint is about that ace bandage I have to wear on top of my surgical bra. I know it's to help move the implants down, but it's pretty uncomfortable. All for a good cause though. I think he'll give me a Velcro strap on Thursday which will do the same thing. It's all good though!

Here's some updated pics.

Stitches are out!

Just a quick update today. I had my post op appt with Dr T yesterday, and it went great. Obviously my boobs are still too big, too high, and too hard. His assistant Eve removed my sutures and stitches and I can't believe how small the incisions are! My left side has a small bruise, but for what those babies went thru just a week ago, I think they look great! Started massage last night, about 15 mins a day. I go back in 2 weeks. I do have to wear a strap which is not bad at all, so much better than the ace bandage. This will help with dropping.

2 weeks!!

It's been exactly 2 weeks since my breast augmentation, and I took a few pics today to just track my progress.

I'm feeling SO good! I am so happy that I decided to do this. It's something I thought about for SO long, and really took a careful look at the whole situation before making my decision. I weighed the pros with the cons. For me, it was absolutely the right choice. Every single person in my life that I opened up to about this, has supported me. My husband, my parents, my sister, my 3 little kids (who think mommy had a chest cold), my friends, I just feel so loved appreciated and sexy and I'm so happy with the results.

I know it's I only been 2 weeks, but I actually started to see some progress in the pics today! Some might look at my pics and think my boobs are uneven, like I first did! But it's all part of the process, and it's fun to start seeing some results. My left breast (right breast in pics) is lower, softer and is starting to move downwards-
Which is a good thing! My (dominant) right side muscle was stronger to begin with, and is used more during the healing process, so it's taking more time. It's all good.

I feel good physically. I'm walking regularly, have pretty much resumed all physical
Activities. I'm a stay at home mom to 3 busy little kids, and I'm trying to take it easy when I can.

I feel so good and happy! My husband LOVES the results too. And it's only been 2 weeks! I can say only wonderful things about Dr Tattelbaum. This was my very first surgery ever, and he helped me feel calm, informed and was a great doctor.

3 weeks today!

Just a quick update today to load my 3 week pics. Not much difference from last week, still the right breast (left in pics) is higher, tighter. I'm doing my best to be patient for them to settle in! It's all part of the process.

I feel great. I go back to Dr T next week, and he will teach me some massage techniques as well as how to start treating my incision.

I'm SO happy I did this!!

5 weeks!

Just another quick update to load some new pics.

I feel great! Physically I feel like my chest muscles have returned to "normal". Not too much new progress to report. Slowly but surely they're settling in. Right still higher than left, but I'm being patient!! I don't even notice the difference until I take pics to update.

I'm flashing everyone!! Love my new boobs.

10 weeks? I've lost count!

I'm feeling great! I LOVE my boobs and I am so happy that I finally made the decision to go through with it. They feel so natural, and they look so good.

I am back to my heated power yoga! It's hard, but I did take a few months off. I got cleared to work out I think 4 weeks post surgery, but I didn't feel quite ready. I'm totally back in action now.

It's amazing to me how much sexier I feel. My husband and I have always had a great sex life, but it's even better now. I love surprising him with sexy pics during the day. And I love seeing how much he loves my new boobs. It's a huge turn on!

I've had such an easy time and overall great experience. Dr Tattelbaum is absolutely the best!!
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful