33 Yo 2 Kids Fit Athletic but Hating my Stretched out Skin - Rockford, IL

My youngest child is 8 years old, my oldest 13. I...

My youngest child is 8 years old, my oldest 13. I have been extremely active for the past 3 years. Competing in 5k's and working out in the gym (weight training and cardio) 5-6 days a week 1-2 hours a day. I was really happy with my body. However, no amount of planking or ab work was going to get rid of my excess skin. I had a wrinkly stomach, my belly button misshapen due to the excess skin. I researched doctors in my area and finally decided to meet with some. When I met with Dr. Pryor he was very helpful and provided me with excellent information. We scheduled immediately. 4 weeks later I was in the operating room. Now 4 weeks after that, I am extremely happy with my results and even planning on going back next year to get a breast lift and possible implants. I highly recommend Dr. Pryor for your needs. You won't regret it.

Pre surgery post surgery

some pre and post photos

My seroma

Well I unfortunately have a seroma and it's now been drained 3 times. I have fluid on my lower back too but it seems to be resolving. I see the PS again on Wednesday (2 days from now) otherwise I am thrilled with my results. I have abs ladies.....abs!!!!!! I miss the gym so much though. Can't wait to get clearance but that won't happen til the seroma starts to resolve.

Back and lower abdomen seroma

Looks like my back seroma is draining to the front bit it's making my mons pubis very large. I get drained tomorrow.

Items to have

This is a list of items you should have on hand for your post op recovery. I strongly suggest getting the prior to the day of surgery
Dial antibacterial body wash for when you can shower
Arnica Montana pills and lotion for bruising
Shower chair of some sort
If you don't have a recliner, get a pillow wedge or some other propped up pillow
Bananas
Boost protein drinks lots and lots to help speed muscle recovery
BCAAs in powder or pill they are branch chain amino acids which are the building blocks of protein which is the building block for muscle again help speed up recovery
Lots of water
All your prescriptions
OJ
A step stool if your bed is high
Hand sanitizer
Gauze pads
That's all I can think of for now. Any questions please ask ????

Seroma from top view

I go to the doc in 20 minutes wanted to show what it looks like from the top before it's drained.

More necessary supplies

A lanyard to wear around your neck while showering to attach the drains too.
Some sort of stool softener, forget pooping on your own.
Comfy sweat pants
Big comfy tshirts
Extra pillows to prop up your legs
Heating pad-helps with lipo swelling

Flat once again

Well my seroma was drained about 30-35ccs this time and he drained the fluid off my lower back. I'll post a pic of the flat mons pubis and back later on. I am keeping my Merena compression garment on for constant compression right now. AND I stuffed a bunch of pads between my underwear and my garment to hold the skin against the mons pubis as tight as possible! Lord please let this work. So tired of having needles stuck in my incision. Not allowed to return to the gym until I stop having fluid build up. However I have lost a total of 8 lbs since surgery day. I am 5'3 and was 130lbs on surgery day am 122lbs today. Trying to ignore the fact that some of that is muscle and just hoping its all fat and swelling going down.

Aspirated seroma

Here is the after pic.

4 weeks 3 days

Just a quick photo update of my scar, belly button, and my lipo bruising. I've started putting Arnica lotion on the bruising.

Tummy Time and Seroma update

I woke up this morning and I had apparently rolled over on to my stomach in the night. And it didn't hurt or feel like I was too stretched! It was glorious! Prior to surgery I generally slept on my side or on my stomach. It was hard to lay on my stomach before last night. I was so happy! Also happy that the seroma on my mons pubis area still has not increased at all, however, fluid has come back on my back and my back feels extremely tight today. I've applied heat and taken Tylenol. I just need a good massage and stretch out. Doc appt Wed so we'll see what he says about the fluid on the back again.

Drained and released

Okay so I saw my PS on Wednesday and he drained the seroma from my mons pubis and it was only like 20cc he also drained the fluid from my back again and that wasn't much either. However I'm getting feeling back there so I felt the needle slid in. Ouch. Thank God I have a high threshold for pain. He said I can go back to the gym but no cardio... darn ha not. I love lifting weights so I am very okay with being released for that. Only issue is I have to limit my intensity but I am okay with that. I see him again Monday the 24th and we'll see after that. He gave me this silicone scar treatment that I use twice a day on my TT scar and on my belly button. It says to use twice a day for at least 60 days. I will let everyone know what I think of it when I'm done with the initial 60 days. My swelling is minimal. I am more swollen at night then in the morning but only by a half inch on my waist and hips and that's it. I'm still bruised and bumpy from the lipo on the flanks but that takes months to heal fully so I'm okay with that. I still do arnica lotion on that and it does seem to help. I've been slacking on taking the arnica pills. I have to try to remember that. Overall at this stage I feel fantastic. I am so happy with the results so far and fully recommend Dr. Landon Pryor to everyone. He is an amazing surgeon.

Almost 4 months

Looking great! Back at the gym hitting it harder than ever. I'm even back to core exercises. No more seroma either!

10 months post op plus breast aug

Just wanted to post a pic here of my tummy 20 months post op. I also have a new review for breast augmentation so check that out!

Forgot the photos