33 Yr Old Fat Transfer to Breasts; Lipo of Abs, Flanks, Arms, and Thighs - Richmond, VA

This site has really helped me decide on getting...

This site has really helped me decide on getting this procedure done so I thought it was time to give back. I have a fat transfer procedure scheduled for Jan 6, 2016. I started this journey with my consultation in early December with Dr. Stanwix. I was very pleased with his knowledge and experience; shown through his past procedure photos. His staff was very friendly and helpful also. I’ll be having the fat taken out of my abdomen, flanks, arms, inner and outer thighs. I’m hoping to be able to get 400cc transferred to each breast but we’ll see what fat can be harvested. I'm 5'4" 135lbs and a 34C.

I had my pre-op appointment two weeks ago to get pictures taken and sized for the compression garments. I’ll have two garments; one for my upper arms and one for my abdomen and thighs. The pre-op nurse was very thorough with the pre and post surgery instructions and what to expect after surgery. I’m feeling pretty comfortable with the care I will be receiving. The surgery is scheduled for 4 hrs and I will be under general anesthesia. I was also given prescriptions for the meds I would need after surgery.

I can’t believe the day is almost here! I’m nervous and excited at the same time.

2nd day post-op

The surgery went well. Dr. Stanwix was able to get about 570 cc in each breast, more than I expected! I knew there was some fat hiding out :) After surgery I was pretty nauseated from the anesthesia and was throwing up that evening at home but that has since subsided. The last two nights I've been waking up 2-3 times during the night because I'm normally a side sleeper and sleeping on my back just doesn't feel comfortable. I also had ice packs surrounding me during the first 24 hrs to help with the swelling. I haven't had much drainage from the lipo incision sites since the first day. The meds I'm taking for the pain makes me pretty drowsy so the past two days I've been sleeping off and on.

My breasts don't feel painful at all but my arms, abdomen and legs are still pretty sensitive and bruised. I've been trying to drink as many fluids as possible and walking around the house does seem to make me feel a little better. It's definitely a MUST to have someone there to help the first few days. My husband has been very good with helping me get out of bed, making food/drinks and putting the compression garments back on after I shower.

Dr. Stanwix and one of his nurses did call to check up on me the day after surgery. The staff was amazing! They made me feel very comfortable and were very friendly and attentive. Overall I'm pleased with the results I see so far, we'll see how much fat sticks over the next six weeks :)

5 days post-op

Today's the first day that I haven't taken multiple naps throughout the day. I stopped taking oxycodone on Saturday because it makes me so sleepy and the pain was becoming manageable. My compression garments have been feeling so tight the past few days I can hardly stand it! I've been trying to increase my water intake in hopes that it would help with some of the swelling.

My legs, abdomen and arms are still pretty sensitive to touch and I'm not moving around really quickly, especially when I am getting out of bed or a chair. My breasts started to hurt a little yesterday on the top/inner portion and they still feel extremely dense. Otherwise so far so good! I'm going back to work tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

16 day post-op

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I met with Dr. Stanwix the other day and I only have to wear the compression garments 50% of the time for the next two weeks and then 25% of the time after that for two more weeks. I opted to wear them during the day and take them of at night because they tend to wake me up. I think due to lack of movement I tend to get a little more swollen. I'm still not sleeping that great, mostly because I hate sleeping on my back. I can't sleep on my side yet because the lipo done on my arms is still pretty sensitive. The bruising is getting better and I'm totally off any pain meds and I have been for the past 9 days. My stomach has some lumps that I hope resolve themselves in the future.

I went out and bought a normal bra today because I was still wearing the post surgical one and it just wasn't giving me enough support. I was thinking about trying the genie bra but I didn't think it would do it for me. My band size is 34 and I currently measure 39" across my breasts. According to VS that makes me a 34DD but the ones it tried on were a little small so I went up to a 34DDD. I thought it was better to have it slightly big than too small to avoid unnecessary compression. I'm sure this won't fit anymore in a few weeks but it works for the time being.

6 week photo

6 week photos

Scar and lipo update

It's been 10 weeks since I had my surgery and life's been totally back to normal. I started working out again a few weeks ago. I refrained from doing any real cardio before because I didn't want to send my body into fat burning mode while I was trying to hold onto my new breast size. I haven't noticed any change in my breast size so I think I've maintained all the fat I'm going to.

A few people have asked about the scarring so I'm going to post a few pics of my scars, they're healing nicely and really aren't too noticeable in a swimsuit. I am a little concerned about the lumpiness of my abs still. From the picture it may be hard to tell but there are definite irregularities, I'm hoping they smooth out. I called on March 7th to get a followup appointment but the earliest I could get in was April 12, 5 weeks away! Then the office called on Monday to reschedule to April 19th because of a conflict on their end. I can tell my body's still healing because it feels itchy sometimes so I'm hoping that I when I do see him, which will be at the 15 week mark, it won't be too late to take any necessary action that may be needed like massage or ultrasound.

3 Month Update

I took these photos a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to post them. I had my appointment with Dr. Stanwix today and he said that I should retain all the fat transferred to my breasts. I'm going to be doing VelaShape in a few weeks to help speed along the healing process of my stomach and thighs, I still have some lumps and unevenness. I'll be doing three sessions two weeks apart. I'm currently fitting into a 34DD.
Richmond Plastic Surgeon