Breast Augmentation - Richmond, VA

After losing 40 lbs my 36 D breasts deflated and...

After losing 40 lbs my 36 D breasts deflated and flattened to an embarrassing degree. I wanted the fullness and volume of my breasts back. I decided to look for a surgeon who could perform the dual plane technique as I didn't wish for a breast lift. Mainly through searching for this qualification is how I decided on Dr. Lynam

My surgery was a breeze! Post-op wasn't too bad either, I was sore but nothing too bad. The after-care was a bit of trial and error for me because his office provided me with very little information on post-op care. I was never told to sleep elevated or how to clean my incisions, or how to massage my implants, or even given a post-op bra and band. All of this I had to research and obtain on my own.

It's been almost 7 months since my surgery and looking back I wish Dr. Lynam would have informed me that moderate plus implants tend to look more natural than high profile implants. I think Dr. Lynam likes patients to ultimately decide what they want done, but plastic surgeons should guide patients on how best to achieve the look they want. Dr. Lynam presented me with options, but he didn't offer thorough expertise on the best combination of options to choose in order to achieve the look I wanted. Deciding to go with high profile large implants (very fake and round looking) instead of moderate plus (more natural) is truly my one regret with getting these implants.

All in all, I will wait until my one year post-op date to consider whether I should get a revision to moderate plus implants and perhaps a smaller implant size, like 375 cc's instead of 425 cc's. I am not sure whether I will use Dr. Lynam again. Although his overall demeanor and dual plane surgical expertise were great as I have had no complications so far, the lack of expert information provided to me before and after my surgery is a red flag I can't soon forget.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lynam was very polite and friendly. Although, he did appear rushed and in a hurry to get through the consultation. During the consultation he basically looked over my wish photos, and described the procedure, as well as measured the width of my breast and rib cage. I told him I wanted very natural looking breast. I told him I didn't mind a little sag or droopiness because that looks natural to me. I told him I didn't want perky, perfect, round breast. He proceeded to provide information on the different implant profiles and types. He seemed reluctant to offer any recommendations on implant size and profile types, but focused more on letting me know my options. After some prodding he eventually gave me a number for cc's, recommending 425 cc's or 450cc's high profile implants. I eventually settled on 425cc, high profile, silicone implants.