Asian Rhinoplasty- Dr. Lorne Brown

I had a horrifying experience with Dr. Lorne Brown...

I had a horrifying experience with Dr. Lorne Brown. Pleass DO your research before you jump into a procedure like this, on your face. Initially, I decided to go see this doctor because he is one of the only surgeons who have few pictures of Asian (implant) rhinoplasty on the clinic website in Vancouver BC. So I saved up for 3 years, and finally, I went in for a consult. He had Only about 5 pictures in his photo album in his office- the same ones as his website. This is a surgery on my face, so I wanted to make sure that he is competent. So I asked to see the size of the silicone he will use on my face, and some more pictures of his work on implant rhinoplasty. When I asked this, he became agitated all at once and said, "talk to the nurse" and walked out. Shortly after I talked to the nurse/ sales manager, Tanya, and she assured me and said, "Dr.Brown does good noses." She also showed me the nasal implant that was about only 2mm in height. Ok. Maybe I offended him, I thought. And the nasal implant didn't look too bad. The nurse was very assuring so I booked the surgery date. On the day before the surgery date, I was extremely nervous so I went in to talk to Dr. Brown, and instead of reassuring me or saying the surgery is up to me, he gave me a white pill in a tissue. He said it will calm me. So I took it as he was being nice and I was in for the surgery the next day. BUT in hindsight, I should have read all his behaviour as a red flag. Because on the 5th day, when I took the cast off, I nearly had a panic attack. The implant was not 2mm, but 1cm in height. This was NOT what was shown to me during the consult. I felt lied to, and scammed. I basically paid over $5000 to have this big chunk of silicone that i can't just take out! I went back to him in tears and said "You never showed me this size of silicone during the consult!" And he showed no emotion and dismissed me by saying, "Why does it matter what I show you during the consultation? You wouldn't know what looks good anyways?" I felt as if this doctor left all his ethics back in medical school. I feel as if I was used as a guinepig so he can experiment with Asian rhinoplasty. I went to see few different plastic surgeons in my local area, and they all said that the tip of my nose is inflamed because the implant that Dr. Brown put is too big for my nose. Now I will need to go to a surgeon in South Korea since they have lots more experience on this type of surgery. The moral of the story? If your surgeon walks out on you during the consult, he is also likely to treat your face the same way during surgery. Please do your research, and go to a surgeon who has tons of experience, not just on few patients.

More post op pictures

Silicone Removal

I have just removed the silicone put by Dr. Brown in Korea, and I cannot believe that I was to lied to. He put put an L shaped silicone but I was told by Dr Brown and Tanya (the nurse) that I will be having an I-shaped silicone. I am so disgusted by his dishonesty and his staff. In his website, he advertises that he uses ear cartilage for the tip and and silicone for the bridge, which does not match what the Korean surgeon has just took out.

Implant Removal

I am forever grateful to Dr. Suh at JW. He is an expert in Asian Reconstructive Rhinoplasty in Korea.
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

In my overall experience with Dr. Lorne Brown, I am disgusted by his dishonesty and his nurse Tanya. I was told that I will be having an I-shaped silicone and ear cartilage grafted to define my tip. However, this is not what I found when I had revision in Korea. I had the most painful experience and I would not recommend him to anyone.