33 Yr Old Mom, 2 Kids, Never Breast Fed, Big "Girls" Since They 1st Came in - Reno, NV

The "girls" have been large since they 1st came in...

The "girls" have been large since they 1st came in. I can't remember them ever being small. I have 2 kids and they got larger every time. Past 8 years I have had severe rib pain, neck pain, gnarly back pain, and nasty headaches. I'm not a lazy person, I miss going on hikes and doing even the simple house chores. The extreme weight on my chest makes everything uncomfortable. I'm 5'2 with 38 GG, I'm ready to be smaller. I want to enjoy life again! Due to pain and discomfort, I'm always angry. I've had to take off work numerous times due to all this. As of lately I finally have a PC that has been trying to help. But do to me being on Medi-cal, getting this taking care of has been a Rollercoaster. I have been searching several Plastic Surgeons to find help. Thanks to Realself, I have come across Dr. Murphy in Reno. I have read amazing reviews and found out I know someone that recently went to him. She has told me awesome stuff about him and staff. I made the call and now have a consultation on Aug 1st. I'm super excited and can't wait to meet with him and see what miracles he can work. I will keep everyone posted!

Will it go away?

Just a question ladies or doctors...I get numb feelings in the muscles around my shoulder blades, will that go away after breast reduction? It's such a discomfort! I hope all this discomfort in my muscle goes away after "girls" get reduced.

Waiting...

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. After getting married and having name changed and getting insurance situated, I'm now starting this journey over again! I have a consultation on Feb 13th 2017 with Dr. Lynne Hackert. I'm SUPER excited! I'm tired of pain. I'm tired of not sleeping well due to pain. I'm just tired. I've read great stories from here. All make me excited about me getting mine chopped off. Fingers are crossed, hopefully I get great news on the 13th!

Worried!

Consultation is tomorrow! I'M SO NERVOUS AND WORRIED! Worried they'll say "No". Insurance approved consultation, so hopefully whatever plastic surgeon says, insurance will approve surgery. My fingers, my toes, my eyes, I'll even cross my boobs in hopes to have this surgery!

Consultation today!

So excited! Hope to hear good news today:) I took 2 pictures. Front and side view. If all goes well and I hear I make a good candidate. I will continue with sharing my journey.

After consultation

My consultation went great! Dr. Lynne Hackert was so sweet and funny! She explained the surgery and what could possibly happen. Where she would cut. She was very confident about getting insurance to cover. I am in need of reduction! She sees I'm looking for better health and not doing this for cosmetic.

Surgery date!!!

Received a call today from PS office, surgery is set for July 18th!!! Haven't heard if insurance approved yet, but the office wanted to get the date set up so I'm locked in! I even have my name on the cancelation list in case anyone cancels, I can possibly have it sooner:) PS office is confident I'll get approved for surgery. With all the notes I have from PC and PS. I'm super stoked and ready for any advice I can possibly get. Before surgery advice, most comfortable way to sleep after surgery, bras, exercise, I mean ANY advice. Thank you!

I have dates set!

Update: so I called insurance to see if they received my request for a procedure. Insurance said no. I asked how long is the approval ok'd for and insurance said 90 days. So with that in mind, I figured that's why insurance hasn't received procedure request from surgeon office due to the fact my surgery date is set for July 18th. That was next opening for they are booked til then. Few days after that, I called surgeon office to confirm my thought. I was right! Yay! The very nice lady explained why she didn't want to send request in just yet due to it being too soon. But she does have my pre-op (June 21), surgery date (July 18th), and post op (July 20) set up so I can be on calender for when I do get approved. (This office is very confident I'll get approved) I am super excited for all this! My body is trying to hold on. My ribs scream for the weight to be taken off! My neck, my nerves, my back, shoulder bladestrap. Let's just say I'm trying to imagine what it's like to be pain free. Just seems like a dream! Until I have my surgery, I will continue reading the good and the troublesome journeys on this site! For they have been extremely helpful!!! Continue healing ladies and best of luck on your journeys!

Playing with bras!

So the past few months I have been an at home mom/ caregiver for my husband's Grandfather. In these past few months I quit wearing bras due to the fact they hurt! I was playing with bras today (my way of saying "goodbye" to the over the shoulder boulder holder). Even in the brief seconds I was wearing them to due photoshoot, my head hurts from the straps pulling on them and pinching. Now with me not wearing bra, I hurt too due to the weight pulling on shoulder blades. Either way sucks! I admit, each passing day I get more and more excited! My husband and I have been doing a pro/con list, we have yet to find a con. He knows how much I suffer. He is really ready to hold my hand to the hospital and get me on that surgery table!

*Sigh*

With the surgery so far out, reading all these reviews and advice (which have been very helpful) I'm starting to feel "numb". Surgery is 4 months away and yes I feel like a kid for saying this " seems like forever" away. I'm trying to focus on losing weight. Working out is rough with the "ladies" bouncing and putting strain on my back and neck. I'm thinking more walking? I do live in the mountains, so that means hills...hills...and hills! Lol! Any suggestions?

Soooo....

I received a wonderful phone call this morning. MY SURGERY DATE IS CHANGED TO MAY 9TH! Later I'll be getting a phone call with the final details:) time for them to turn all paperwork to insurance!! Boobs are crossed I get approved:p

.....The verdict is.....

I'VE BEEN APPROVED!!! Just Lil over 6 weeks away and BYE BYE BOOBIES!!!

Trying to get idea...

I though I'd take some pix today, see possibly where the ladies would sit after surgery. I actually DO HAVE a torso! Pre-op the 25th and surgery MAY 9th:)

Oh man....!!!

The clothing I was looking at for after surgery:) sports bras I was looking at, no way am I going to fit in them! But according to PS I will. Let just say I CAN'T WAIT! I'm holding back on buying clothes right now. COME ON MAY 9TH????

3 more weeks!

3 more weeks til surgery! Let's just say, I CAN'T WAIT! I think my boobs know they are leaving cause they are punishing me worse:( the extreme strain on my neck, shoulders, and ribs! This surgery just seems too good to be true! Come on 3 weeks:) Pre-op next week and also my birthday!

AAARRRRGGG!!!!!

So I found dead out earlier my insurance has been terminated! WTF...get approved for surgery then week later it's terminated! I don't get it. So today I've been trying to find out what the hell is going on

Well :)

As it stands surgery is still on. Everyone I talk to at insurance has a different story about my situation. Talking to the PS office lady that deals with insurance, she sees I'm still covered. So we're treating it like I still have surgery. I have pre-op on Tuesday! 2 weeks from that day I have surgery!! I can't wait.
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

So far I've just had a consultation with Dr. Lynne Hackert for a breast reduction. AMAZING! Front desk staff, friendly! Actually smile at you. Dr. Lynne Hackert so friendly, very descriptive. Answers any questions you may have. Has a sense of humor which I feel goes a long way. I can't wait to have my surgery by her. She made me feel real comfortable.